Sponsored

New 2021 GT500 at Florida dealership

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
There is probably some fool out there who would pay this extortion. Unbelievable!
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Well not looking at any GT500 (way out my means) but did just trade my 2019 Edge titanium in on a 2020 eco premuim and I guess my local dealer is an exception to what most here have been seeing.

I bought my Edge as a demo with 6000 miles in 11/19 for 33,246.00 out the door. (sticker price was 44,700.00) and trading it in on 12/29/21 with 22,486 miles and I was given 34,500.00 for it so I used it for 2 years and made 1750 bucks.

I owed 23066.00 on it at trade in and got the 2020 stang with 5800 miles for out the door price of 26,150.00 so just over 3,000.00 for the stang (sticker price was 38,700.00). My payment went up 10 bucks per month for the same 63 month loan at same interest rate as the Edge. I was at 55 months left in payments on the Edge so only added 8 months more in payments. Edge was a 75 month loan that I refinanced over the 2 years I had it to drop interest rate and months payments .

I bought my first new car, a 2015 Escape SEL from my dealer and traded it in in fall of 2017 for a 17 Titanium Escape and got more than I owed on the 2015 at trade in. Traded the 17 Escape in on the 2019 Edge and got more than I owed on the 17 Escape.

So not all dealers are crooks or out to drive away customers.

Just going thru Midlife crisis I guess but love my new to me stang.

BD

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There is probably some fool out there who would pay this extortion. Unbelievable!
Some people just have a lot of discretionary income. Just cause most dont have it doesn't mean they don't. When you have a billion dollars, 40 or 50k is nothing.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I agree with your statement, but if you want to sell your GT500( NOW), you're more than likely to get a much higher price than the depreciation it took. You might even get all your money back and some, plus all the fun you had with the car since new!
Our car is such an outlier though…in the grand scheme of things. I’m sure there are other cars like the C8 vettes who are holding value well, but most cars don’t.
I’d lose my ass on a trade in considering I already have nearly $15K into it above what I paid for the car.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
in spite of all the ADMs etc, it’s awesome the US is/still is building muscle cars, let alone like the GT500, new NA Z06, upcoming ZR1 etc. :thumbsup:
That 2023 Z06 seems to be a beast!
Can wait for actual performance numbers on that bad boy.

CobraDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT , Factory Five Roadster
I just took delivery of 2021 GT500 on Saturday, I paid 6k over MSRP. I had been looking for about month, I live in Phoenix, AZ there was a car in Tucson but they wanted 25K over MSRP, I text back and forth for little over a week in early Jan, but they didn't want to sell. Then I got Covid and put the car thing on hold, finally last Thursday I started looking again, I didn't bother Tucson even though they car was still available. I found a couple cars that had what I wanted, first dealer wouldn't give me a price thru there online text or email, so Friday I had more time on my hands and I called the second dealer ( they did have the better car for me) They were asking 30K over and I laughed, but kid I talked to said to make a offer so I offered 5K over and countered at 6k, the deal was done in under 2 hours between a few calls and text. The current car market is a mess both new and used cars with chip shortage and supply chain issues who know what will happen next, 2022's are more expensive than the 2021 and who know when they will start build a 2022's and how many they will build this year at this point. A Shelby key in the hand is worth more than one a waiting list. While I wish I spent less I'm still very happy with my purchase.

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I just took delivery of 2021 GT500 on Saturday, I paid 6k over MSRP. I had been looking for about month, I live in Phoenix, AZ there was a car in Tucson but they wanted 25K over MSRP, I text back and forth for little over a week in early Jan, but they didn't want to sell. Then I got Covid and put the car thing on hold, finally last Thursday I started looking again, I didn't bother Tucson even though they car was still available. I found a couple cars that had what I wanted, first dealer wouldn't give me a price thru there online text or email, so Friday I had more time on my hands and I called the second dealer ( they did have the better car for me) They were asking 30K over and I laughed, but kid I talked to said to make a offer so I offered 5K over and countered at 6k, the deal was done in under 2 hours between a few calls and text. The current car market is a mess both new and used cars with chip shortage and supply chain issues who know what will happen next, 2022's are more expensive than the 2021 and who know when they will start build a 2022's and how many they will build this year at this point. A Shelby key in the hand is worth more than one a waiting list. While I wish I spent less I'm still very happy with my purchase.
$6k is a hell of a lot more appealing than $30k, good for you, and kudos to the kid who encouraged you to make an offer!

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
5K is manageable. 6k is good considering the nonsense

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A fool and his money is s
I think from your response you meant that a fool and his money are soon parted. Well not really. A person who has a crap load of money may have discretionary money could be soon parted, but what business is that of yours?

If you are on the balls of your ass, you don't need to be buying a track car.

But if you have the discretionary income, why not?

God bless America and our way of life comrade.

I have a CFTP because I paid over sticker. How much is irrelevant. I spent discressionary income to make that happen. I dont regret it. You on the other hand may.

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Congrats! You got the same deal I did and I also got the car exactly as I wanted it.

show us pics!!!

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I think from your response you meant that a fool and his money are soon parted. Well not really. A person who has a crap load of money may have discretionary money could be soon parted, but what business is that of yours?

If you are on the balls of your ass, you don't need to be buying a track car.

But if you have the discretionary income, why not?

God bless America and our way of life comrade.

I have a CFTP because I paid over sticker. How much is irrelevant. I spent discressionary income to make that happen. I dont regret it. You on the other hand may.
This is how I feel as well. ADMS suck. The whole dealership network and experience is dumb and it sucks. This is just simple supply and demand like everything else in a capitalist society. Dealerships aren't scumbags for trying to make as much profit as possible as a business. That's just how the world works. Everything we buy is taxed, middled, marked up by god knows how many people.

Fact is it's a somewhat rare car and if not the most impressive then the second most impressive Mustang ever made. There isn't much supply and demand is high. For me personally, life is too short to give up an experience of owning my dream car for 5 or 10k more than what MSRP is. For some people that number could be 20k, 50k, 1 million.

Edit: Only 208 2021 GT500's left in the country on autotrader, down from 450+ in Dec and 300 ish in January. Still sellin em quick in the dead of winter, with ADMs.

Last edited:

CobraDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT , Factory Five Roadster
I don't drink or smoke, but I might have a car problem, This is the pic after we got home from California. The car on the right is a Factory Five Roadster (aka CobraReplia) I had that since March 2001, It is a basic driver, No power brakes, power steering or any electronic nannies, I have almost 120,000 miles on it. The car on the left is Factory Five Gen 3 Dayona Coupe, Gen 3 Coyote, T-56 6speed, still needs body & paint and interior. Not pictured 2016 Mustang GT Premium, Black w/ black out kit, the new Shelby GT500 is the replacement for the 2016. I had a high level of expectation with the GT500 and the car hit it out of the park. I do an track day once every year or two but this for varies club runs, Charity Rallies, trips and weekend fun. I'll post some pics later.
IMG_20220205_203843986.jpg
Sponsored