Big Red reincarnated
I guess one day the little red book might be worth more than the car
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You are not missing anything. Just some trinkets.
I remember sitting down with the lead engineer for the 2014 Z28 program and that was back in the Fall of 2013 and during our lengthy conversation we discussed all aspects of the limited edition 2014 Z28 as Chevrolet were only planning to build ~600 cars that MY just as they did back in 1966 during the initial launch of the '67 Z28 with only 602 cars produced.

Just a terrific guy and had a tremendous passion for the new Z28 and when it came to the end of our conversation I asked him why with such an iconic car such as the Z28 along with the very limited production run why Chevrolet did not create a chassis number and chassis plate for the 2014 car along with an owners kit as it seemed fitting for this iconic Pony Car. His response was that him and his team got so caught up in the engineering design, chassis build, wheel and tire combination, etc. that they completely forgot about these two important items and admitted that it should have been done something on both avenues much the same as the Boss 302 program.

Personally I find chassis numbers on high performance cars and in most cases low production numbers quite cool along with owners kits that include certificates of authenticity and other neat items.

Understand that some of this may be trinkets to you but to many others of us that own Boss and Shelby GT350/R's I am happy that they are part of the car purchase program from Ford.

:sunglasses:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I remember sitting down with the lead engineer for the 2014 Z28 program and that was back in the Fall of 2013 and during our lengthy conversation we discussed all aspects of the limited edition 2014 Z28 as Chevrolet were only planning to build ~600 cars that MY just as they did back in 1966 during the initial launch of the '67 Z28 with only 602 cars produced.

Just a terrific guy and had a tremendous passion for the new Z28 and when it came to the end of our conversation I asked him why with such an iconic car such as the Z28 along with the very limited production run why Chevrolet did not create a chassis number and chassis plate for the 2014 car along with an owners kit as it seemed fitting for this iconic Pony Car. His response was that him and his team got so caught up in the engineering design, chassis build, wheel and tire combination, etc. that they completely forgot about these two important items and admitted that it should have been done something on both avenues much the same as the Boss 302 program.

Personally I find chassis numbers on high performance cars and in most cases low production numbers quite cool along with owners kits that include certificates of authenticity and other neat items.

Understand that some of this may be trinkets to you but to many others of us that own Boss and Shelby GT350/R's I am happy that they are part of the car purchase program from Ford.

Ya know, I couldn't have said this any better. I owned a 2012 Boss number 1930. I really apreciated the extra step Ford took to acknowledge my purchase at the time. Thought it was a classy move. I am looking forward to the Owners Supplement for my R.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I wouldn't dismiss not having it. If you go to sell the car down the road it might make a big difference in what you get.

I've followed a few of these sell on BaT. I'm not suggesting today or within the next 5 years it is going to make a difference. But in 10-20 year it is going to demand a premium...or at least it could.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Got mine within two to three weeks after driving it off the show room floor. Nice little package.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

I know what you are saying. It was a nice touch, but when I got mine it did not help my GT350 be any better. For all of the money they spent for them the money may have been better spent on making the engines not burn so much oil or blow up. I have just never seen so many problems. I think Ford rushed a product to market so they could bring it out for the 2015 MY and be "50 years ago" MY just for that sake. The GT350 for sure is a special car and Ford probably will never make this engine again because of all of the problems. Their "Go Farther" slogan should have been what they thought of when making this engine. I wish I could have kept mine; I really did like it.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
You are not missing anything. Just some trinkets.
Didn't the old forum have a "Do Not Feed The Troll" emoji?

When you think about it, I think emoji use on the new forum must be down something like 95%...

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
I just received mine within 10 days of taking delivery.

OF2018GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 2020 F250 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Same here I received my Shelby supplement 4 days after I signed paper work and 2 weeks before I received the car because of shipping from Tennessee to Cali , I thought pretty neat things in there... and mine has been trouble free . Do the 18my's not receive the oil filter wrench I see everyone talking about on 17's etc ?

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Same here I received my Shelby supplement 4 days after I signed paper work and 2 weeks before I received the car because of shipping from Tennessee to Cali , I thought pretty neat things in there... and mine has been trouble free . Do the 18my's not receive the oil filter wrench I see everyone talking about on 17's etc ?
Wrench. Was that included in the supplement for previous years? Perhaps that was an add-on that the dealers can add when buying the car from Ford like the car cover.

This is what was in the 2015-17 MY Supplement Owners Package.

https://www.gt350.org/forum/9-musta...29-owners-supplement-package.html#/topics/129

I think MY 18-19 lucked out because the super detailed book makes the package much more special for owners, IMO.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
The filter wrench and a oil filter does not come in the supplement pkg. It was a pkg sent separate from Ford to all those that had the spin on oil filter (early 17 on back) Dealer does not add it on. Like I said the cool thing is the wrench has your vin number right on it.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Received my Owners Supplement Pkg today. 19th day from purchase. It's very nice and I am very greatful to Ford for commemorating my purchase this way. It's a special feeling. Like when I bought my Boss. I do wish the stand alone photo of the GT350R in the kit could be color coordinated. If anyone has a Black/stripe delete one of the GT350R, I'll trade you a LB one. LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Cneo350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Received my Owners Supplement Pkg today. 19th day from purchase. It's very nice and I am very greatful to Ford for commemorating of my my purchase this way. It's a special feeling. Like when I bought my Boss. I do wish the stand alone photo of the GT350R in the kit could be color coordinated. If anyone has a Black/stripe delete one of the GT350R, I'll trade you a LB one. LOL.
I actually just got mine today too. Ford Performance was very helpful and they got it to me quickly. Was the crank in your shiny or like mine?
2A130CC7-83EA-43B6-8FAC-B14C58754847.png

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I actually just got mine today too. Ford Performance was very helpful and they got it to me quickly. Was the crank in your shiny or like mine?
2A130CC7-83EA-43B6-8FAC-B14C58754847.png
I dunno if it's much different. We probably had the same builder...Lol.
R9.jpg

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I don’t think any are shiny. And I’m pretty sure everyone has the same Lightning Blue or Kona Blue GT350R picture—they are not color coordinated to your car.
Sponsored