Sponsored

Neighbors, coworkers, family after buying a new car...

OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Getting a little overly defensive don't ya think? Maybe hit a nerve. Reminds me of a line from Hamlet

The lady doth protest too much, methinks
Clearly you didn't read the top part of my post. Not at all, just making discussion on a discussion board. No different than posting about traffic, compliments, dislikes threads. :doh::D
Sponsored

OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
You must be fun at parties... ;)

On a serious note, everyone has hobbies. Some hobbies are more expensive than others. If you get enjoyment out of something and you can afford it, who cares what others think. At the end of the day, you put value in your life. It isn't like you can take money, assets, or whatever, with you when you die. Enjoy it on earth while you can. You were put on earth in this position for a reason.
I'm very fun at parties I'll have you know! I usually go get drunk by myself in the corner.

My view is, I'm not promised tomorrow so I'm not entirely worried about my life in 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 years from now.

Reactions: Ebm

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I've owned lots of cars over the years, and have heard similar comments. Couldn't care less. I buy well and sell just as well so my out of pocket has been very low on all my cars, except one or two early mistakes.

Don't get in over your head, don't buy on impulse only and enjoy life!

I've always believed that money has no value until you actually spend it, just spend it well.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
I find myself always volunteering that it “just” a 4 cylendar to soften the jealousy (never mind that it’s a 40k+ car).
Try just making a joke about it. A client just last commented last night that I’m in a different car every time she sees me and I told her that I steal cars part time lol. Joking done right can show confidence.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah it's true. Non-car people don't get it. And some people understand but just enjoy giving you crap.

Here goes: you should be putting that money into a college fund for your child! :D

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Mustang & planting flowers in the dirt, lol.

TC
IMG_9399.JPG

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I just show them my 5k watch and give them something else to cry about.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I buy and sell cars all the time, or get a good deal on a car for myself, so Its pretty consistent to see a different car in my garage. I've had around 60 cars in my 31 years. I bet my neighbors think I'm nuts. I couldn't care less. Yes they've said things, I just respond politely. No sense in getting worked up over the things people say, or how they feel.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
I just show them my 5k watch and give them something else to cry about.
That reminds me of one of my favorite lines, a minute and a half into the clip below. I think that’s the attitude you need with your coworkers hahah

Sponsored

tjbrowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R -HR773
I hear it all the time......I go through cars and motorcycles like some people go through tissue paper.

Had a relatively new neighbor walk up one day and make a comment about my GT350R with dealer tags....."another new car????.....you must take a beating on financing so much stuff....." My reply....I don't finance any of my toys....if I don't have the dosh, I don't buy. No reply from the new neighbor.

Enjoy your stuff that you bought with your money......

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
It’s a good feeling to have the wife on board

the wife also encouraged me to get out of the 08 infiniti g35 i currently DD and was all on board with the mustang even getting a PP2. she can't wait to drive it as well

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I let one of my coworkers take it for a drive yesterday and when she came back she was ear to ear smiles and my past manager from my last position asked why she was so giddy and she told him I let her drive my new car and he loudly across the floor "Rich, you got ANOTHER NEW CAR... MAN, you have a problem!! And you could hear other people chattering after that". Like I know the difference between people just busting balls, but I consider my purchases kind of my business just like my salary and would like to keep it as low key as possible at work because as we can already tell, people get envious.
This! Ignore the ignorant.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Most people just don't get it - don't even pay attention to them. But I see your point of the office gossip going on now that you got a blue Mustang vs the white one.

This is what I hear in the office:
"Why are you taking a new car apart?"
"Just enjoy it of how Ford made it."
"Why do you really need 2 cars? (1 is a 15 year old beater)"
"How much have you spent on parts already?"

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm 35 I've owned almost 80 different vehicle's. Customized and named quite a few of them. Dealt for years and years with all of what your saying from people I interact with at work. The same type of people who eat like crap, don't exercise, spend all their money on smoking drinking gambling etc etc.

Imo most of this stems from jealousy&lack of satisfaction in their own lives. Why else go out of their way to give you crap about something that is clearly not their business in the first place?

People in my experience who don't have much passion in their lives?
Can get insanely jealous of those who do. Maybe next time take stock of the people making the comments? What do they look like, what do they talk like, act like care about? Chances are they shouldn't even be on your radar so to speak man:crazy:

We would probably make great neighbors op always modding our rides, cleaning them talking shop etc:cheers:
GD, I thought I owned a lot at 19 cars.
Sponsored