Sponsored

Need to press start button twice to start car?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Recently I was driving long distance overnight, and pulled over to take a nap. I turned the engine off but kept the power on to keep the air going. After that, I need to press the start once to turn the power on, then the screen will say hold down clutch to start engine. And on the second press I can start the engine. It's really annoying, does anyone know how I can change it back to the way it was?
Sounds normal to me. You have the power in the 'accessory' mode, so you have to hit the button once to get the car back into the engine starting mode, then hit it again to actually start the engine.
Sponsored

40calcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ty gtpp, 04 cobra
Sounds normal to me. You have the power in the 'accessory' mode, so you have to hit the button once to get the car back into the engine starting mode, then hit it again to actually start the engine.
This!

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Except one can only assume if he is posting about it here (and from his subsequent posts in this thread), that he is not talking about this just happening after he work up - it sounds like it is happening after the fact as well.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think he left it in on mode but I guess the fuel pump and start function timed out after a certain period of time so he had to press the button once to reactivate the fuel pump and then start it.

OP
OP
ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
Except one can only assume if he is posting about it here (and from his subsequent posts in this thread), that he is not talking about this just happening after he work up - it sounds like it is happening after the fact as well.
This. Guys this keeps happening after the trip. Now every time I want to start the car I need to press the power button twice, while letting go of the clutch and pressing it down again in between.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This. Guys this keeps happening after the trip. Now every time I want to start the car I need to press the power button twice, while letting go of the clutch and pressing it down again in between.
So what happens when you go get in the car after it's been shut off and you don't have the accessory power activated? Does it start with one button push?

If you then put the power into the accessory mode, will the engine then start with one button push while in accessory mode, or do you have to push it once to first get out of accessory mode, and then push it again to start the engine?

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
So what happens when you go get in the car after it's been shut off and you don't have the accessory power activated? Does it start with one button push?

If you then put the power into the accessory mode, will the engine then start with one button push while in accessory mode, or do you have to push it once to first get out of accessory mode, and then push it again to start the engine?
On mine
press once the accessories come on, seat moves me onto the pedals, the light on the start button flashes, then press the brake and hit the start button
if i did not have the easy exit / entry switched on, would only need one press of the start button and pressing the brake

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
On mine
press once the accessories come on, seat moves me onto the pedals, the light on the start button flashes, then press the brake and hit the start button
if i did not have the easy exit / entry switched on, would only need one press of the start button and pressing the brake

OP has a manual, which is going to change the start process up a bit.

That aside it does't sound 'normal' that you have to press start twice (regardless of seat memory option) to start the engine, what happens if you put your foot on the brake right away and press start? As someone else in this thread mentioned the seat adjust and engine start all happen for him with one button press.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
On mine
You can just get in, press the brake and hit start.
You seat might move after its started.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
You can just get in, press the brake and hit start.
You seat might move after its started.
Feet don't reach the pedals, i'm a shortass :)
So would be a bit squashed as i get in and out, if did not have the entry / exit seat,
in the S197 was a bit squashed getting in and out

Sponsored

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
When you enter your car and do nothing else but flooring the clutch, does your push button light illuminate steady green?
Maybe an intermittend problem with the clutch pedal sensor?

OP
OP
ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY

No, it just turns on the radio and AC. Once it's in accessory mode, and w/ the clutch held down, if I press the power button, it turns off accessory mode. But the screen says hold down clutch to start car. At this point, I have to let go of the clutch, press it down again, and then press the button one more time and the car starts.

On mine
I don't have the memory seat option, it's a base model. Also I've never had to press the brakes to start the car before as I have a manual.

When you enter your car and do nothing else but flooring the clutch, does your push button light illuminate steady green?
Maybe an intermittend problem with the clutch pedal sensor?
That's interesting, I will check next time I get into the car.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, it just turns on the radio and AC. Once it's in accessory mode, and w/ the clutch held down, if I press the power button, it turns off accessory mode. But the screen says hold down clutch to start car. At this point, I have to let go of the clutch, press it down again, and then press the button one more time and the car starts.
I'm assuming you're pushing the clutch pedal all the way down? I find on my car it needs to basically be on the floor to activate the interlock switch.

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP

I don't have the memory seat option, it's a base model. Also I've never had to press the brakes to start the car before as I have a manual.

That's interesting, I will check next time I get into the car.
I'm assuming you're pushing the clutch pedal all the way down? I find on my car it needs to basically be on the floor to activate the interlock switch.
That's interesting. Like [MENTION=7629]GT_Pony[/MENTION] said, it sounds to me as if the clutch is not fully pushed to the floor.
Are you using any aftermarket floor mats that could get in the way of your clutch pedal?

Since I assume that you know how to floor a clutch pedal, is it possible that the pedal sensor is not aligned correctly or has loosened a bit?
That might explain the clutch in / clutch out dance you have to do before the car is willing to start.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
That's interesting. Like [MENTION=7629]GT_Pony[/MENTION] said, it sounds to me as if the clutch is not fully pushed to the floor.
Are you using any aftermarket floor mats that could get in the way of your clutch pedal?

Since I assume that you know how to floor a clutch pedal, is it possible that the pedal sensor is not aligned correctly or has loosened a bit?
That might explain the clutch in / clutch out dance you have to do before the car is willing to start.
If he didn't have the clutch down properly or there was an issue with the sensor, I doubt the car would consistently start on the second button press?

OP, sounds like a good case for making use of your warranty.
Sponsored