Sponsored

Need some help! Stft/ltft is this about right?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have been trying to understand why my car just feels neutered. I bought a scan tool and went to work. Mind you no check engine lights or Codes found. My short term fuel trim is at +3 and my long term fuel trim is at -3.4. According to research means over time I have been running supposedly rich as the ecm is pulling fuel.
Now I looked at my o2 sensors bank 1 and bank 2. Both were reading .7 volts which is a tad high and matching the rich condition of my ltft number. Weird thing is they were both steady. No oscillation between .1 and .9 volts you would normally see on a normal operating o2 sensor. Live data graph showed basically a straight line that just kept stepping up like a staircase. Now I am curious if my o2 sensors are fouled or if my cat is garbage or possibly maf sensor. I have been occasionally getting these miniature backfires as well. My gas mileage around town is 13 mpg but the car just feels like I am pulling a parachute and its lazy on the throttle with slight hesitation or dead spots during light to medium acceleration.
I test drove an 18' and I know it has a bit more power but that thing felt night and day different. Very responsive and plenty of power with not alot of go pedal needed. My car feels mentally challenged.
Sponsored