Sponsored

Need new lower control arms, worth splurging for the ones with bearings?

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
The ball joints on my front lower control arms are going kaput, making a creaking noise driving around and a clunk when I'm on the brakes.

Looking to replace them with this but I also came across another option with bearings instead of bushings.

Is the extra cost worth it for a DD that goes on some spirited drives? Or is my money better spent elsewhere (on a bumpsteer kit from Steeda perhaps?)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Miadhawk

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
For sure get the Steeda roll-center correction (control arms) and bumpsteer kit considering you are lowered. I strongly recommend using the stiffer bushings option, instead of the bearings, if you drive in the Buffalo winters.
Thanks, the car doesn't really see snow because I drive something else in the winter, but it does see salt cause I pull it out during clear days here and there. I think bushings and bump steer kit are the way to go!

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
OP
OP
Miadhawk

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Ended up getting Steeda's roll center and bumpsteer kit (comes with lateral link that has the extended stud), tension link, and the IRS alignment kit.

Got the bushings instead of bearings version, will update in a couple weeks after I get everything installed.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Ended up getting Steeda's roll center and bumpsteer kit (comes with lateral link that has the extended stud), tension link, and the IRS alignment kit.

Got the bushings instead of bearings version, will update in a couple weeks after I get everything installed.
Good buy. This is one mod that I can say, with 100% confidence, will improve the handling dynamic of your car significantly for the better. Be sure to get things aligned afterwards and enjoy.

On a side note, I’ll be in New York for a solid year starting Jan2021. How does an Anchor Bar ‘Stang cruise sound?

MPotter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

I went with the bearing version of the Steeda parts sitting out in the garage waiting for me to get to the install. This weekend, I hope. Will be interesting to compare notes.

OP
OP
Miadhawk

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Update, bumpsteer kit is currently in manufacturing and won't be shipped out for another week. Ironically it's just a lateral link that I need to stop the creaking noise from my car! Will wait to receive all the parts before installing anything.

At least it's not as bad as the delay for the wheels I pre ordered (a whole month! That's a huge chunk of car season in our short Buffalo summers).

Good buy. This is one mod that I can say, with 100% confidence, will improve the handling dynamic of your car significantly for the better. Be sure to get things aligned afterwards and enjoy.

On a side note, I’ll be in New York for a solid year starting Jan2021. How does an Anchor Bar ‘Stang cruise sound?
I am game!!

MPotter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Installed the kit today. Still need to go in for an alignment, but its not too bad. No pulling or darting. A little bit more drift than before hand, but I'm sure that's my fault. The steering is much more direct, for sure. More like it should be!
Sponsored