I gotta figure out what I’m doing wrong 😑
Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Way low what should it be then.
I don’t know the effect of a 2k DA, and admittedly I never go to the track so take this with a healthy dose of salt. But I would expect at least about 110. 98 sounds like 3v territory...

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta figure out what I’m doing wrong 😑
Did you happen to datalog your run? I would be interested to see what RPMs do at launch, torque source data through run, IATs at time of run, and RPM drop between shifts. My first run at the track in my '19, I didn't get a good cool down and my IATs were 140+ at time of run. That definitely hurt my times (12.2 @ 118).

If you aren't spinning at the launch and torque management or TC aren't interfering, then you may be bogging on launch. The 60' given DRs and your tune should have at least 2-3 tenths of improvement.

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Well i think the stock mich ps4 work real well.Ive run in the 11 70s with them.Launch about 1500.No data logs.Can.t dial faster than a 12.00 in my class.So no point in trying to go faster.Happy where it is now.

Frosty_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang gt
I’ll log and try launching at a higher rpm and change up the rear psi next time I go to the track and let you know. Appreciate the help and advice

Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well i think the stock mich ps4 work real well.Ive run in the 11 70s with them.Launch about 1500.No data logs.Can.t dial faster than a 12.00 in my class.So no point in trying to go faster.Happy where it is now.
Yeah, I was asking Frosty. Your times are good, consistent with low RTs too. I am thinking about getting back into bracket racing.

Frosty_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang gt
I don’t know the effect of a 2k DA, and admittedly I never go to the track so take this with a healthy dose of salt. But I would expect at least about 110. 98 sounds like 3v territory...
No salt here I know it’s not good but new to this too

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll log and try launching at a higher rpm and change up the rear psi next time I go to the track and let you know. Appreciate the help and advice
My best results have come with car in D, TC off (adv tc for me), power brake in 1st until car feels like it's about to push (~2000 RPM), and my DRs at 16 psi but I am on bias ply rears.

Frosty_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang gt
My best results have come with car in D, TC off (adv tc for me), power brake in 1st until car feels like it's about to push (~2000 RPM), and my DRs at 16 psi but I am on bias ply rears.
I think dropping the rear psi will help. Plus taking some weight off the front with the skinnies will help too. I’m running again next weekend so I’ll give you guys the update then.

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
That trap speed is way low, even for the DA.
116 mph was very good as stock here in Australia run 108 mph for a 16 GT auto and around 13.1 stock . Rear mufflers were changed and a tune only . It picked up 8 mph from stock . Remember our mustangs don’t go as quick as the American version . Not talking 18 and newer models

Last edited:

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
No I didn’t peddle or lose traction the prep wasn’t that good either. Left around 2500 rpm. Traction control was off she’s a base model so no advance trac. Did a burnout long enough to smoke a little then ran out till it bit in
Pop the hood - driver's side fenderwell there is a electrical plug - it has a jumper plugged into it. When you get to the track unplug the jumper.

IT gets rid of all electrical nannies.

If you are running street tires, drive around the water box (if you can) and do a minimal burnout just to dry the tires. Burnouts do not help normal street tires.

Base model has nothing to do with Advance Trac or Traction control. All Mustangs have that. What the base model doesn't have (unless you upgrade / install Sync 3) is drive modes, including Track, Sport etc. You CAN install Sync 3 yourself (SUPER easy in 19 and up) and enable all drive modes on a base model with simple FORSCAN changes. I did it in my '19 Base GT 6 speed the first week I bought it back in '19.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
116 mph was very good as stock here in Australia run 108 mph for a 16 GT auto and around 13.1 stock . Rear mufflers were changed and a tune only . It picked up 8 mph from stock . Remember our mustangs don’t go as quick as the American version . Not talking 18 and newer models
Isn’t it only 6hp down? 108 is more within reason but still pretty slow if environment and driver factors are normalized. And 8mph is massive...108-116 (again everything else held the same) needs a huge gain in power. I’ll bet the other factors are creeping in a bit.

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
Isn’t it only 6hp down? 108 is more within reason but still pretty slow if environment and driver factors are normalized. And 8mph is massive...108-116 (again everything else held the same) needs a huge gain in power. I’ll bet the other factors are creeping in a bit.
I ran the car many times stock , 13.2 @ 108 mph . Fitted a K&N panel filter , M/T et streets 19 inch , changed the rear mufflers , 12.8 @ 110 mph . Then with the tune and as above 12.3 @ 116 mph best , 12.4 @ 115 mph average .

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I ran the car many times stock , 13.2 @ 108 mph . Fitted a K&N panel filter , M/T et streets 19 inch , changed the rear mufflers , 12.8 @ 110 mph . Then with the tune and as above 12.3 @ 116 mph best , 12.4 @ 115 mph average .
That’s impressive with just a tune. What (equivalent) octane fuel do you guys run down there?
Sponsored