Need Honest Opinion

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
I am a soon to be new Mustang owner and all things being equal was looking for a Mach 1 locally.

However, after much searching have not been able to find one with the options that I am looking for.

I did however find a 2022 GT that checks all the boxes, for about $8,000 less than what an equal Mach 1 would cost.

I will not be doing any tracking/racing, this is going to be a daily driver for me so the question is, how much would I noticeably miss from the Mach 1 with a GT that has these options:

A10 Speed

401A PKG

Magnaride

GT Performance PKG

Security PKG

Active valve exhaust
Sponsored

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I ordered just about the same, with the exception of a manual transmission. I won’t be tracking it and it will be a toy for me. I would have liked a Mach1, but just a little too far out of my price range.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Are you the kind of person that will be bothered by not getting what you wanted and settling for something else? if not, you won't even notice.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
As the (branded) ad says, "Just do it." You won't regret the Mach 1. I had a 2015 GT Premium, added Power Pack II, took it to the track (NASA HPDE) before and after PPII, and the difference was part of my decision to get the Mach 1. A full year after receiving my Mach 1 AND doing the Track Attack, I still am in the "smiles per mile" mode with my Mach 1. As much as I sometimes miss shifting the GT, the rumble and "kick-in-the-butt" of my A10 Mach 1 is still just a blast, even with over 12K miles on it in less than a full year of ownership.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
If you are not tracking, you are not "loosing" anything per se as far as the daily driving experience. Biggest difference would be the feel of the MT82D4 vs Tremec, Tremec is better but probably not 8K better with no track time factored in, but this doesn't apply to you with the A10....

Down on power a bit, but you can only notice that going flat out and 460HP is way more than enough, esp. on public roads.

Having driven all the S550s except ecoboost and the GT500, check out my post here. Its long but gets into an in-depth answers for our questions.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-gripe-thread-mach-1-vs-gt350-gt-etc.165163/

Post #5

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
If you are not tracking, you are not "loosing" anything per se as far as the daily driving experience. Biggest difference would be the feel of the MT82D4 vs Tremec, Tremec is better but probably not 8K better with no track time factored in, but this doesn't apply to you with the A10....

Down on power a bit, but you can only notice that going flat out and 460HP is way more than enough, esp. on public roads.

Having driven all the S550s except ecoboost and the GT500, check out my post here. Its long but gets into an in-depth answers for our questions.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-gripe-thread-mach-1-vs-gt350-gt-etc.165163/

Post #5
And it's looking like it won't be hard to tune the 2022s to bring the performance back up to the 2021 (aka S550 Bullitt) level.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I am a soon to be new Mustang owner and all things being equal was looking for a Mach 1 locally.

However, after much searching have not been able to find one with the options that I am looking for.

I did however find a 2022 GT that checks all the boxes, for about $8,000 less than what an equal Mach 1 would cost.

I will not be doing any tracking/racing, this is going to be a daily driver for me so the question is, how much would I noticeably miss from the Mach 1 with a GT that has these options:

A10 Speed

401A PKG

Magnaride

GT Performance PKG

Security PKG

Active valve exhaust
You'll miss nothing. Get that car and use the $8,000 for food,fuel, and hotels for all the great road trips you're going to take in your awesome new car.

OP
OP
merlin803

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
Are you the kind of person that will be bothered by not getting what you wanted and settling for something else? if not, you won't even notice.
If there was something visible/tangible that I would be missing, then I would regret it but it sounds like for how I would use it that I am going to be happy with the GT.

maddseason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang PP2
Vehicle Showcase
You’re gonna love it! For daily driving you won’t miss a thing. And in time You can mod the car. That’s half the fun of owning one, making it your own. I so wanted the gr350r but it was so far out of my reach. Instead I got the PP2 and I love this car and it’s so easy to daily and when I want to push it a bit I can. You won’t be sorry you bought a stang. Welcome to the club!!

OP
OP
merlin803

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
Thanks all.

A little background, I have always had GM cars, Camaros, C7 Stingray & currently a C7 Grand Sport (family works for GM, so discount...) & have never even been in a Mustang...until I was on vacation last week.

They gave me a new GT rental and it was a blast to drive....I have loved having the Grand Sport but am at a point where I want to move to something more practical (back seat for my grandson, winter driving restrictions, pain to get in/out of....etc.).

The Mustang exhaust note is intoxicating and makes it feel even faster, lol. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
If there was something visible/tangible that I would be missing, then I would regret it but it sounds like for how I would use it that I am going to be happy with the GT.
The tangible thing you'll be missing is the ability to cause heads to explode in the GT350 forum by mentioning the Car and Driver Lightning Lap competition... on second thought you can still do that even if you don't own a Mach 1, but I wouldn't recommend it 😆

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
TBH if I wanted an auto I would have ordered a GT. There are plenty of suspension mods you can do to bring it up to mach 1 levels of performance if you care. Coolers you don't need. Most of the rest is cosmetics. Heck even a non pp1 car is probably cheaper to built up in the aftermarket these days.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I was shopping around for a mach 1 premium last year without much success. No allocations, sold out, no way to order and etc. I gave up and picked my GT Premium PP1/401a/magneride/active exhaust/6MT in stunning twister orange color with 3k off msrp. I got the dealer to install roush phase 2 supercharger, do the ppf, ceramic coating, windows tint, roof wrap and some styling exterior bits. And with all of that I was still within mach 1 cost that I could barely find before they sold out.

Very happy with what I've got a year ago, still happy year later :like:

jsullboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
With magnaride, A10 and performance package I don’t think you would notice a big difference. There was for me a noticeable handling upgrade between my 2017 GT and the M1 because the GT did not have magnaride as an option in 2017. So if you are not hung up on the M1 name/brand you should be good.