Sponsored

Need help looking at logs for STFT issue!!

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
Anyone any good with looking at logs for help figuring out what's going on with a car? I know everyone is gonna say ask your tuner and I did send them to him and they said it would be $150 to look at the logs to see if it shows any problems. Just can't see paying another $150 for 2 minutes of their time. I've been chasing an issue with the car running like crap, STFTs are anywhere from -20 to +30. I replaced both 02 sensors, throttle body, just replaced both fuel pumps last night in my fore L2 system, new plugs, I've checked compression all 8 around 210, I've checked for boost leaks, post MAF leaks. I'm going crazy! The MAF is damn near the only thing I haven't changed.
Sponsored

Attachments

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
get a new tuner. he sounds like shit. even if his tunes solid (which is for for debate now) his customer service leaves lack to be desired.

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost premium
Anyone any good with looking at logs for help figuring out what's going on with a car? I know everyone is gonna say ask your tuner and I did send them to him and they said it would be $150 to look at the logs to see if it shows any problems. Just can't see paying another $150 for 2 minutes of their time. I've been chasing an issue with the car running like crap, STFTs are anywhere from -20 to +30. I replaced both 02 sensors, throttle body, just replaced both fuel pumps last night in my fore L2 system, new plugs, I've checked compression all 8 around 210, I've checked for boost leaks, post MAF leaks. I'm going crazy! The MAF is damn near the only thing I haven't changed.
What Should the STFT be around? Wot and idle?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
not 20 or 30. I think CEL's are set to come on when one of the trims exceed 20, I could be wrong.
general rule of thumb, which I imagine applies here, is + or minus 10 from 0. combined

so like -5 + 5 fine, or 10 + 0 etc. you get the idea.

im ecoboost, but I generally am within like 3-4 combined . this is my car cruising on highway.
IMG_0856.PNG

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost premium
not 20 or 30. I think CEL's are set to come on when one of the trims exceed 20, I could be wrong.
general rule of thumb, which I imagine applies here, is + or minus 10 from 0. combined

so like -5 + 5 fine, or 10 + 0 etc. you get the idea.

im ecoboost, but I generally am within like 3-4 combined . this is my car cruising on highway.
IMG_0856.PNG
Ah okay. I don't believe I have a CEL for this. I can recheck the AP. Is there a gauge on the AP that lets you monitor STFT

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ah okay. I don't believe I have a CEL for this. I can recheck the AP. Is there a gauge on the AP that lets you monitor STFT
sorry, I use obdlink mx2 or whatever, a wireless dongle with my iPhone.

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
$150 to look at logs? How about no.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Link/post the .csv file.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It’s cold as balls out. And this is my cars stft and LTFT. So 20-30% is way bad. Imo warming up too, can see it in coolant on top right

58039EFC-DE3C-4C24-ADAE-6607B7C083FE.png

OP
OP
damondewaynehuff84

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
damondewaynehuff84

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
damondewaynehuff84

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Without a log or even some pictures of the log it’s a guess but are you 100% on what injectors you have? Wrong injector data will do that. Any codes?
I did upload some logs they are in a zip file. Yes I'm 100% sure what I have I built the car myself as I do all my cars. Also the car was built and tuned over six months ago. It's ran great till the past month.
Sponsored