Sponsored

Need built block info and suggestions

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
None. It's buyer beware, which is fine. I do my research and I don't need any hand-holding. I didn't buy the extended warranty, either, because I had no intention of leaving the car stock.
I noticed you're in california, how will you pass smog with everything you're doing? or do you know a guy
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
None. It's buyer beware, which is fine. I do my research and I don't need any hand-holding. I didn't buy the extended warranty, either, because I had no intention of leaving the car stock.
I was just curious. Thanks!

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I noticed you're in california, how will you pass smog with everything you're doing? or do you know a guy
LOL, reminds me of when I was a kid, back in West Virginia! We had to get our cars state inspected at a local gas station. One year I pealed the sticker off my brother's car and then got his car re-inspected!

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
LOL, reminds me of when I was a kid, back in West Virginia! We had to get our cars state inspected at a local gas station. One year I pealed the sticker off my brother's car and then got his car re-inspected!
genius lol

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Why you gotta ask creepy f-n questions?

Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
The new turbocharger, along with my intake and exhaust system, runs freely, and puts very little stress on the motor. And the E85 fuel changes a knock prone engine into an almost knock free engine.
The #1 issue I'm having with the NX2/E85 tune is in the fuel delivery. My auxiliary Port Injectors are only opening between 3000 rpm and 6000 rpm, and the ECU is restricting the fuel to my direct injectors from idle to red line. My AFR has been as high as 15.1 during WOT acceleration...?
not sure how much you spent on your PFI setup/controller but based on power goals switching DI pumps may be worth the the extra cost for the piece of mind not relying on a secondary system. You also don't get as much of the evaporative cooling effect as the port injection

"On a 2.3 Mustang with stock turbo, just an XDI-HPFP35 is needed to run full E85. No LPFP, no bigger injectors, no port injection.
Up to 450lbft possible but not recommended with stock motor. 383whp (auto) / 400whp (manual), turbo limited.
With bigger turbo and E85 you need the XDI-HPFP35 and our XDI+50% DI-Injectors for >420whp, up to 500-550whp.
Above 500-550whp on E85 you need the XDI-HPFP60 and our XDI+50% DI-Injectors. "

OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Does "built block" basically mean the same 2.3L engine, but made with stronger aftermarketcomponents? Do people just buy "built blocks" and drop it in their car like plug and play, basically allowing you to run a more aggressive tune (like E85)?

I've been going down the rabbithole reading about all this and am both confused and intrigued...
No, I got a MAP Stage 1 shortblock which is built on a 2.0 block, not 2.3

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
You better not do that very often or for very long.
I know, It's crazy! I still can't believe I was sent such a dangerous tune.
I've always built and tuned my own cars. And from now on, that's what I'm going to do!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Update on my build... yes it has been taking awhile LOL. I suffered several initial problems but have been driving again for a month or so. One of the main problems was oil leaks; the rear main seal leaked terribly until I had it replaced with MAP aftermarket rear seal unit.

I have installed a CVF catted downpipe and have a NX2 turbo in the box that I plan to install next weekend and will be working with PD Tuning to get it dialed in. One thing I've noticed is the coupler from the stock intake to the NX2 shows an obvious severe bottleneck of air providing only 2.25" diameter of airflow into the NX2's 3.5" diameter intake.

Question: if I stay with a 93 pump gas tune, is that all the air I need to get the most hp/tq possible; or do I need to give it more air? I already have a high-flow filter and am considering an AirAid intake to open it up some more, but wonder if it is really needed for a build that will probably top at no more than 400hp on pump gas.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Congratulations on getting your motor up and running!!
Hope you have more success with PD than I did!
As for the NX2 and air intake, I've chatted with several tuners (on line) and they claim that they perfer the stock intake, due to the ease of tuning. Custom intakes are too time consuming!
Good luck, and keep us posted!!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on getting your motor up and running!!
Hope you have more success with PD than I did!
As for the NX2 and air intake, I've chatted with several tuners (on line) and they claim that they perfer the stock intake, due to the ease of tuning. Custom intakes are too time consuming!
Good luck, and keep us posted!!
Funny, *EVERYONE* has a better experience with Ryan than you. I'm sure the problem is all on Ryan's side. Keep up with the passive-aggressive slander; I'm sure you'll be able to save the posts and recycle them for the next engine tuner as well.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Funny, *EVERYONE* has a better experience with Ryan than you. I'm sure the problem is all on Ryan's side. Keep up with the passive-aggressive slander; I'm sure you'll be able to save the posts and recycle them for the next engine tuner as well.
Wow! Nice slam TeeLew!!

Didn't mean that to be a negative comment, just wishing a fellow member good luck and congratulations.

PS: The issues between Ryan and myself has more to do with EMS then PD. My Ecoboost Mustang is a 1/4 mile track only drag car. And EMS is who sold me the total package, both equipment and tuning services. I've stated that Ryan Martin puts together a good street/road tune for many fellow forum members. And it's not his fault he can't deliver what Jessie Ringley promised.
End of Story! Best wishes to All!!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Didn't mean that to be a negative comment, just wishing a fellow member good luck and congratulations.
Bullsh!t. You meant this and the previous 600 jibes as insults. Have the balls to own it.
Sponsored