Sponsored

Need built block info and suggestions

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Looking for suggestions and info...

My Ecoboost just grenaded piston #3 at 119k miles and I need a new block. I'd like to replace with a stronger one and plan for 400whp eventually. From what I understand I have options from EMS, Livernois, MAP; are there others out there? Also, this being my daily driver, I need this rebuilt ASAP so hopefully I can find one in stock and not have a wait period; does anyone know who has one available in stock?

As a related question: since I have to rebuild, I might as well go for more power with a RELIABLE 400whp as my goal. Is that attainable on 91/93 pump gas with a NX2?
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Looking for suggestions and info...

My Ecoboost just grenaded piston #3 at 119k miles and I need a new block. I'd like to replace with a stronger one and plan for 400whp eventually. From what I understand I have options from EMS, Livernois, MAP; are there others out there? Also, this being my daily driver, I need this rebuilt ASAP so hopefully I can find one in stock and not have a wait period; does anyone know who has one available in stock?

As a related question: since I have to rebuild, I might as well go for more power with a RELIABLE 400whp as my goal. Is that attainable on 91/93 pump gas with a NX2?
It depends a lot on your budget and goals.

Another option is to pick up a 2020+ factory 2.3 long block and reuse your existing bolt ons, plus add an NX2 and E85 kit.

OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Is the 2020+ factory long block stronger and could handle 400whp?

Budget is fairly open and goal is reliable 400whp on unleaded 91/93 pump gas not E85

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Is the 2020+ factory long block stronger and could handle 400whp?

Budget is fairly open and goal is reliable 400whp on unleaded 91/93 pump gas not E85
There has been a lot of information shared on the mustang ecoboost net forum concerning the progression of the ecoboost motors. And the conclusion is that the 2020+ motor are better/stronger and more reliable than the earlier motors.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
For a built engine, I don't know how you can go wrong with Ringley at EMS. The FP HPP would probably be the easiest answer and they're meant to be good to 500.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Thanks to all for direction and input. This is my daily driver that I am now without, which steered some of my decision... I need it built quick and cannot wait for a build to be done over the next few weeks and then shipped to later be installed. MAP performance had stage 1 shortblocks in stock which should be more than sufficient for my build needs so I pulled the trigger on a MAP block which should arrive early next week. EMS BaBuBu build looked like another great option but I went with MAP, flip a coin type of decision

Last edited:

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Best luck with your engine build.

BD

Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Thanks to all for direction and input. This is my daily driver that I am now without, which steered some of my decision... I need it built quick and cannot wait for a build to be done over the next few weeks and then shipped to later be installed. MAP performance had stage 1 shortblocks in stock which should be more than sufficient for my build needs so I pulled the trigger on a MAP block which should arrive early next week. EMS BaBuBu build looked like another great option but I went with MAP, flip a coin type of decision
Keep us posted on your progress!!
Thanks!

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
With your new stage 1 motor from MAP, you probably can still hit around 400 HP on E30. And you should be able to run E30 without switching fuel pumps or adding port injection. You should be able to use the 93 octane tune as your primary tune and then use the E30 tune as an auxiliary tune (for special occasions)!??

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
It's the other way around. E30 as standard and 91 if you can't find e85.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
It's the other way around. E30 as standard and 91 if you can't find e85.
LOL... Yea, I know, but some guys don't even want to try running ethanol. And maybe if they have it as a secondary tune and occasionally try it... They're like it!?

OP
OP

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
My primary concern with E30 and E85 is this is my daily driver and I travel extensively in it - I just drove from Florida to Texas and back, and in the near future will be making trips up the east coast across several states. If I'm married to an ethanol tune what do I do when I stop at a remote gas station in the middle of Podunk Holler and can't find E30/E85?
Sponsored