Need body work

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
Hi, so someone scraped and slightly dented my fender and bumper on the driver's side where the two panels converge they took off which is good because then I can just pay cash and its all good so no insurance, its very minor damage and I was quoted 1300$ by caliber collision which seems outrageous for what it is, does anyone know a good body shop in palm beach county FL or have any suggestions on what to do I attached some pictures below any help is greatly appreciated :)
3A54F17A-8E92-4E76-B796-6DECA5A46045.JPG
4DF6F6A6-CBA2-44D7-B2DA-66844E79DB37.JPG
7E5F0157-68B0-4918-8281-59CB052806D1.JPG
48F7AE8B-BE27-4C02-9EEB-139FBE18C39E.JPG
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Research a local PDR guy to you and read up on the reviews. The PDR guy will be able to get that fender damage fixed back to new for far less than a body shop. Probably about $200 for that type of repair.

The fender will look like it was never damaged but the paint work will need a touch/blend. That’s when you just need body shop for that area of the fender and the small damage on the front cover.

If you do the PDR separate - the body shop repair (which is very easy from your pics) should be around $500 +/- for merely a scuff, prime and blend of a very common color (white).

If your paint was 3-stage like many of the S550 metallic impregnated paints, you would be looking at a more costly repair for the paint fix.

Before any work is performed - get yourself a bottle of this Meguiars product:
https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/products/meguiars-ultimate-compound-g17216-152-oz-liquid

Apply it to the whole area affected. Use a microfiber pad to apply; use some pressure and buff it using manual hand method OR use a mechanical buffer if you have one. Use a micro fiber to remove the product. You’ll be surprised that it will look 100% better afterwards. The Meguiars product will remove the surface scuffs and level out the finer damages.

At least it will look better until you can get it fixed.

Last edited:

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
Some advice when taking your car to a body shop:
- Always wash your car before you go. Do this so you can see any present damage clearly.
(My wife's brand new Accord was rear ended 2 weeks after owning it. I washed it before taking it to the shop. Once the repair was "complete", i noticed a scratch on the door. I brought it to the shop manager's attention. He said, "Oh, that was already there but you probably just didn't see it because you brought us the car dirty." To which i replied, "I literally detailed it the day before i brought it to you guys." They ended up fixing the scratch.)

- Tell the body shop person to take pictures of the car and to document any present damage. Also, take your own pictures. This is in case your car gets scratched or scraped while at the shop. (Those guys are pretty careless.)

- When picking up the car, check absolutely everything about the car before signing anything.

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Research a local PDR guy to you and read up on the reviews. The PDR guy will be able to get that fender damage fixed back to new for far less than a body shop. Probably about $200 for that type of repair.

The fender will look like it was never damaged but the paint work will need a touch/blend. That’s when you just need body shop for that area of the fender and the small damage on the front cover.

If you do the PDR separate - the body shop repair (which is very easy from your pics) should be around $500 +/- for merely a scuff, prime and blend of a very common color (white).

If your paint was 3-stage like many of the S550 metallic impregnated paints, you would be looking at a more costly repair for the paint fix.

Before any work is performed - get yourself a bottle of this Meguiars product:
https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/products/meguiars-ultimate-compound-g17216-152-oz-liquid

Apply it to the whole area affected. Use a microfiber pad to apply; use some pressure and buff it using manual hand method OR use a mechanical buffer if you have one. Use a micro fiber to remove the product. You’ll be surprised that it will look 100% better afterwards. The Meguiars product will remove the surface scuffs and level out the finer damages.

At least it will look better until you can get it fixed.
thank you so much this was just what I was looking for, I found a guy that does mobile PDR and he said he'll do it for 300$ because he has 20 years of painting experience and just branched off from another company to start his own. He also said he can do it in 2-3 hours using ppg nexa aqua base and curing is about an hour, does this sound right?

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Some advice when taking your car to a body shop:
- Always wash your car before you go. Do this so you can see any present damage clearly.
(My wife's brand new Accord was rear ended 2 weeks after owning it. I washed it before taking it to the shop. Once the repair was "complete", i noticed a scratch on the door. I brought it to the shop manager's attention. He said, "Oh, that was already there but you probably just didn't see it because you brought us the car dirty." To which i replied, "I literally detailed it the day before i brought it to you guys." They ended up fixing the scratch.)

- Tell the body shop person to take pictures of the car and to document any present damage. Also, take your own pictures. This is in case your car gets scratched or scraped while at the shop. (Those guys are pretty careless.)

- When picking up the car, check absolutely everything about the car before signing anything.
Yeah I keep my car meticulous any way but I will be sure to give it a detail before he comes, I did have some people say something about waxing and i believe the last time i did was in December, do u know if that will cause some potential problems
Sponsored