Need advice/thoughts

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Thanks for the info. In his case I'm not sure, but in mine the spacer and the wheel had a gap. I want the wheel to sit flush on the spacer. In the specs it said to torque to 85-90 feet pounds. Will say though out of all the reviews, its the few bad ones that are setting me back
Do you have picture of spacers or can you post a weblink to what you bought?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
buy a specific set made for that car or forget the idea. Mix and match and poor quality can cause big issues. I have a set on my New Outback but they are designed specifically for that car and OEM wheel, no guessing.
Quality of the studs, nuts etc is paramount !
The ones i have are specific to car. They are hub centric. Lugs on spacer are 10.9

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
buy a specific set made for that car or forget the idea. Mix and match and poor quality can cause big issues. I have a set on my New Outback but they are designed specifically for that car and OEM wheel, no guessing.
Quality of the studs, nuts etc is paramount !
Brand is dynofit

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
The ones i have are specific to car. They are hub centric. Lugs on spacer are 10.9
If they are specific for your car there should be no cutting. I d be concerned about reducing the stud strength if cutting. I don t know for sure but I wouldn't t guess either.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
my Perrin set was twice that price FYI.
If that s for 4 then my was 4X the price.

Last edited:

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Still doesn't make sense to me. Adding a spacer between the hub and the wheel should make the effective stud length shorter.
But as long as you've got a handle on it do what you have to and enjoy.
They are bolt on spacers, and not the kind that slip over the studs.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I can understand where you’re coming from, as it has to be right. I don’t know enough about spacers, but if I were looking to do something similar to what you’re doing, I would try and find a set of wheels that I liked, with the offset that I desired. My son ran a set of spacers on his Camaro and he had a failure, putting his wheel into the fender And causing some minor body damage. That being said, if you intent on running spacers, I’d make sure they were the highest quality spacers available.

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
I can understand where you’re coming from, as it has to be right. I don’t know enough about spacers, but if I were looking to do something similar to what you’re doing, I would try and find a set of wheels that I liked, with the offset that I desired. My son ran a set of spacers on his Camaro and he had a failure, putting his wheel into the fender And causing some minor body damage. That being said, if you intent on running spacers, I’d make sure they were the highest quality spacers available.
Yeah it's there what ifs that scare me. Eventually i will be getting new wheels. So guess in the mean time will run with wheels tucked in fender. The last thing i want is a total failure.
Thanks guys for so the replys

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
don t know but there are different types of spacers. some use existing studs for wheels and some use existing stud to affix spacer and then an additional set of studs come off spacer... ???
Yeah, I was thinking of the ones that used the cars own studs. I didn't even think about the kind with their own, senior moment I guess...

Sponsored

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
The Eibach’s I’ve seen say they don’t work with magnaride and personally wouldn’t trim studs. I’m no expert though so grain of salt is advised. :wink:

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
The Eibach’s I’ve seen say they don’t work with magnaride and personally wouldn’t trim studs. I’m no expert though so grain of salt is advised. :wink:
Ive decided against doing it. As much as i dislike the tucked in wheels, its not worth a failure/injury. Will just wait until i get new wheels

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just get new wheels with the correct offset that puts you where you want to be.

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
I have these on all 4 wheels.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2017-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
I believe they're the "coyote" brand you can buy on Americanmuscle.
The "fitment" is flawless.

20mm might not seem like a lot, but it ended giving me the exact offset/stance I was looking for.
(I have the 19x8.5 black accent pack wheels)(don't know if yours are a different offset)

I originally had 1ÂĽ inchers in the rear, but they were too wide. I liked it better than that stock tucked in look, but eventually it got to me and I took a flyer on the 20mm ones and I'm glad I did.
Don't think that going less than an inch isn't noticeable; it is.
Sponsored