Sponsored

Need advice on getting stock downpipe back on

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PREM PP MANUAL OXFORD WHITE 201A
I have to get emissions tested by the end of next week so I put the stock downpipe back on and flashed Cobb stage 1 tune on. I swapped the stock downpipe back on and I got P0141, I searched the forum and the consensus is a leak between the turbo and the downpipe.

I readjusted the downpipe, cleared the code and it came back on after started it a few times. Is there and tips on getting it back on and sealed properly? Also, what is the torque spec for the nuts??

Once it cools down I'm going to take it completely off and clean the mating surfaces and try again. If anyone has any other insight on this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I just took everything off and I noticed the donut and the cat mating surface is not completely round, more of an oval. I aligned the two together and put some match marks and put everything back together. I also cleaned the surfaces up with some sandpaper. Started it back up and I eventually still get the P0141 ! Maybe I need a new donut ring? My cat less downpipe uses a fire ring, so I didn't have this problem with it.

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
I don't have advice, sorry, but here is a link to the Mustang Ecoboost forum. Don't know if you posted on that site or not, but they may be able to help.

http://www.mustangecoboost.net

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
What kind of Nazi state emissions tests a brand new car? Even cali waits 5 years. I'd try a new gasket if its not too bad, make sure to get an OEM one and not a garbage off brand.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
According to the workshop manual, the donught is supposed to be replaced every time. I reused mine when I put the stock DP back in and it leaked ever so slightly. I have my catless pipe back in but will need a new one if I want to go back to stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to the workshop manual, the donught is supposed to be replaced every time. I reused mine when I put the stock DP back in and it leaked ever so slightly. I have my catless pipe back in but will need a new one if I want to go back to stock.
I put a new Ford donut gasket on last night, and the CEL came back on! ARGH

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
That code is for your Rear o2 sensor. You'll have to replace it.

OP
OP

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I ordered a new o2 sensor, at this point I'll consider anything. I just didn't have this issue when I was running the downpipe with the o2 sensor extender. If the new o2 sensor doesn't fix it, I'll try putting the extender on the stock down pipe.

Nick

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Well I ordered a new o2 sensor, at this point I'll consider anything. I just didn't have this issue when I was running the downpipe with the o2 sensor extender. If the new o2 sensor doesn't fix it, I'll try putting the extender on the stock down pipe.

Nick
It's not unusual to accidentally damage your O2 sensor when removing them and reinstalling them and not realize it until you get a code.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You pretty much have to replace exhaust gaskets every time they are removed. They crush.

Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This, mind answering, OP? So I know never to live there.
TENNESSEE

It took me by surprise too. I told the DMV lady that it was a new car - why would it need to be tested? Her response was that it was a year old, it's not new.

I regret messing with the car, it would have passed emissions without the cat, it would of just smelled. I was worried about them noticing the smell, and they do actually look under the car with mirrors, not sure how hard they actually look though.

Nick

OP
OP

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update

Well I replaced the rear o2 sensor and the code is gone!

Nick
Sponsored