Sponsored

Need a Little Advice, Removing Exhaust

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
I have the evenings to work on the 350 this winter with plans to install some mods. While waiting on parts to arrive I've started the process of dropping the exhaust. Normally no big deal but I have a torn right rotator & tendon with some ouchy limitations! Question I have is, can the exhaust be lowered @ the rear diff without removing the rear air dam enough to drop the driveshaft out? Looking for the easy way!

Thanks,Rex
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You are going to need to drop the pan to make things easy. It has a number of push pins and small bolts near the differential. It is pretty simple to remove - trust me.

OP
OP
zzrat

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
O.K.. Thanks for the info!

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I have the evenings to work on the 350 this winter with plans to install some mods. While waiting on parts to arrive I've started the process of dropping the exhaust. Normally no big deal but I have a torn right rotator & tendon with some ouchy limitations! Question I have is, can the exhaust be lowered @ the rear diff without removing the rear air dam enough to drop the driveshaft out? Looking for the easy way!

Thanks,Rex
There are four muscles that make up your rotator cuff. You can spare one of them lol.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not really sure what you’re asking but the driveshaft does not need to be touched to drop the exhaust.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You could always ask a friend for help if you're really worried about it

OP
OP
zzrat

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Thanks for the thoughts guys!LOL Swamp man, Like to keep'm all. Galaxy, I'm dropping the pipes to get to the driveshaft. Yeah I could have a son-in-law come over but it';s a whole lot more fun solo! jvandy, Feb 7th seems like an eternity. Thanks

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged

Thanks,Rex
Here's how I do it.
Wooden Exhaust Cradle Final.jpg

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I was just making sure you weren’t doing that after taking your immobilizer off lol...good luck with surgery.

I’d load up on ibuprofen, warm up with some pulleys if ya got em, and go to town

Sponsored
OP
OP
zzrat

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Niz, Who is this question directed to? I'm in east central Indiana.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I had surgery for a torn labrum and cuff in both shoulders. No cartilage in either. Spurring in each as well. Held off on replacement for both as I'd be nearing replacement for the replacement of each right about now. So TRUST me, I feel your pain. Just be smart about it and take your time. Save the good meds for when you're done and no longer under the car.

OP
OP
zzrat

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Niz thank for such a kind gesture. Very thoughtful! Epiphany, Sounds as tho you really been thru the washer. After it was all said & done were you happy with the results? Thanks for the tips!
Sponsored