Sponsored

NCM

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I know this is corvette related but wanted to share. I took my son on a graduation vacation to NCM for their corvette experience. We had a VIP tour of the museum and then back to the track for 3 classroom sessions and (3) 20 minute track session in a lead follow format. He had never driven a corvette or been behind the wheel of a car at the track. However, he has a lot of simulator time in iracing and he has experience with the high HP of his Dodge Charger. He has ridden with me on track but it's just not the same. He ended up finishing the day doing very well. The instructor was so comfortable with him that he took us up to 120 on the front straight and allowed us to pick up the pace in the corners too. Overall, it was a blast. My son learned a lot and is thoroughly hooked and it was a memory he will never forget.

We will return to NCM for HPDE days too. The track is kind of neat. Lots of technical sections.

-David
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Well now you’ve done it.

OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Haha, yep. If I ever get to meet any of you guys at the track you will see my son out there too :)

lil'Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane Landis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 1993 Ford Lightning 2018 Jeep Unlimited Sahara 2004 Ford F150
NCM is a awesome facility and will definitely put a car through the paces.

strike-eagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I went there for the first time last week and am going back next weekend for an HPDE. I had a blast to say the least. The NCM instructors said this is the most technical track in the country FWIW.

Sponsored

Tractor Junk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 16 GT350 FPRS #3, 2014 Boss 302S
NCM is my "home" track, and I've got ~3000 track miles there on my R. The facility and staff are first class. I'll be there next weekend for the 10/10ths event, so stop by and say hello!

jbird60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I went there for the first time last week and am going back next weekend for an HPDE. I had a blast to say the least. The NCM instructors said this is the most technical track in the country FWIW.
Definitely some truth to this. Fun fact, a good deal of the track is meant to replicate features of the Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans). Corvette Racing uses the facility for testing before shipping off to France each summer.

OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
cool info

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
If you want to go back they will be doing time trials there through SCCA during FordFest the last week of September. I believe its an autocross format but on the track.

Sponsored

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I just wish it had more runoff and less Armaco
I had to look up armco. I never knew that's what those barriers are called. It is always a little nerve racking staring straight at them coming out of turn 23.

lil'Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane Landis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 1993 Ford Lightning 2018 Jeep Unlimited Sahara 2004 Ford F150
Agreed but man that track is fast and technical. I just with they didn't have the sound restriction, then the track would be perfect!