Sponsored

Nascar Talk

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So I figured F1 has a thread, why doesn't Nascar.
Personally, I was really into F1 the last 6 years but I'm starting to find it boring with the same guy winning by 20 seconds every race.
As far as Nascar, I was a huge fan in the early 2000's , going to a lot of races and collecting Elite 1/24 scale diecast cars.
After a break, I'm back I think the sport has become much more entertaining to watch lately with the new cars and new rules.
Lots of close races.
Also I'm doing the Fantasy challenge with some guys at work so it makes it a little more exciting to watch.
How about you all, who's your driver? Better be a Ford guy! lol
Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Presently, Ryan Blaney.
Was Carl Edwards.
Was Mark Martin for 20 yrs!!!! Go Roush!

I now go camping at Watkins Glen for the weekend with a half dozen guys who've done it for 30+ yrs. Great place to see a race.

Dover one. Nice.
Pocono once, not so great.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I know literally nothing about NASCAR, but we are going to Sonoma this summer for winetasting and will happen to be there the same weekend as an event at Sonoma, so we will be attending our first ever NASCAR race and a bunch of my neighbors might as well be driving because I wonā€™t know any of them But looking forward to the experience.

DietRegular

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Iā€™m a newer Nascar fan, i just started watching the sport a couple of years ago. This season so far has been WILD! Some might disagree, but Byron bringing the 24 back to victory lane at daytona was awesome to see! The Three wide finish at Atlanta was insane!! Larson winning at Vegas, bell winning at Pheonix and Denny just won at Bristol, this season has been super exciting so far if ur a fan of some popular drivers. Speaking for myself this season has been very entertaining and exciting, and I have a feeling itā€™s gonna be a great season for NASCAR fans!
Iā€™m a Ford guy through and through, but MAN those chevys tear up the track haha!

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I was a fan in the early to mid 2000ā€™s. I stopped watching around 2007. Got back into it a couple years ago. I donā€™t really have a favorite, just a few I really donā€™t want to see win. lol

I usually go to Atlanta for both races, Iā€™ll go to Talladega, and I want to go to Bristol, but Iā€™ve never been there. My dad took my to Daytona circa 2000 for the race that is usually around the 4th. I saw Earnhardt Sr. Last full race at Daytona without knowing it.

Sponsored

Mezzoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 ram 1500
Iā€™m a huge nascsr fan, have been since my earliest memories of life lol Iā€™m a Kyle Busch guy, have been since 08. Been to pocono, Dover, loudon, Daytona and Richmond. Have a pretty extensive diecast collection thatā€™s currently all packed up in boxes lol

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Used to watch NASCAR a bunch. Was a big Jeff Gordon fan. I also really liked watching Earnhardt Sr. before the wreck at Daytona. Dude was fearless.

NASCAR started to get like F1 is now, Jimmie Johnson was winning championships year after year so I stopped watching for a while.

I was hoping to go to the street race here in Chicago last year but ended up being out of town for my sonā€™s baseball tournament. Went to a race down in Joliet one year, itā€™s a lot of fun and I love the sounds of the cars. I will watch occasionally, Iā€™m just not home enough on weekends with all the kids activities to really get into it again. Having a similar issue with F1, I want to get into it more but Iā€™m just not around when the races are on.

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was a NASCAR fan from the late 70s to the early 90s (I loved the old school T-birds). I got re-interested in it when they announced the current Gen 7 cars and because they do more road courses now. Ovals are OK except for the superspeedways. They're yawners until the big wreck happens that takes out 2/3 of the field.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Presently, Ryan Blaney.
Was Carl Edwards.

I now go camping at Watkins Glen for the weekend with a half dozen guys who've done it for 30+ yrs. Great place to see a race.

Dover one. Nice.
I like Blaney, heā€™s very consistent.
Martin was a great racer, kind of a dick sometimes.. lol
Iā€™ve been to North Carolina, Richmond, Michigan, Indy, and Chicagoland a few times when it was on the circuit.
Michigan and Indy were boring , Richmond was awesome!
Did you see the stands at Bristol, so empty!
I bet a road course would be cool, maybe when they come back to road America Iā€™ll go

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I was a NASCAR fan from the late 70s to the early 90s (I loved the old school T-birds). I got re-interested in it when they announced the current Gen 7 cars and because they do more road courses now. Ovals are OK except for the superspeedways. They're yawners until the big wreck happens that takes out 2/3 of the field.
Agreed, Daytona is nuts!
I bet it was really cool to watch back in the 70ā€™s

Sponsored

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Big Nascar fan going back to the early 70's in north Georgia. I lived next to a dirt track and we Nascar drivers there most weekends. I was a kid when we saw Bill Elliot drive as a 16 year old driver on the weekends. Big Ford fan. I do like to see some of the stunts from Chastain even though he drives a Chevy. (Under the body panels is there a difference in the cars?)

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
What was going on in Bristol? I notice it empty and that is not normal. Watching SVG and Almendinger going at it in the Xfinity race right now

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Presently, Ryan Blaney.
Was Carl Edwards.

Dover one. Nice.
Used to watch NASCAR a bunch. Was a big Jeff Gordon fan. I also really liked watching Earnhardt Sr. before the wreck at Daytona. Dude was fearless.

NASCAR started to get like F1 is now, Jimmie Johnson was winning championships year after year so I stopped watching for a while.

I was hoping to go to the street race here in Chicago last year but ended up being out of town for my sonā€™s baseball tournament. Went to a race down in Joliet one year, itā€™s a lot of fun and I love the sounds of the cars. I will watch occasionally, Iā€™m just not home enough on weekends with all the kids activities to really get into it again. Having a similar issue with F1, I want to get into it more but Iā€™m just not around when the races are on.
Mags1, you like NASCAR too! Cool man!
Iā€™d have to pack heat goi g to the Chicago race! šŸ˜

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m a huge nascsr fan, have been since my earliest memories of life lol Iā€™m a Kyle Busch guy, have been since 08. Been to pocono, Dover, loudon, Daytona and Richmond. Have a pretty extensive diecast collection thatā€™s currently all packed up in boxes lol
My ex wife messed up so many of my diecasts when packing them up angry. Bent the hood hinges and air flaps.. so pissed
Action Elite. They were like $100+ each 20 years ago

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, Daytona is nuts!
I bet it was really cool to watch back in the 70ā€™s
Yep.. No restrictor plates. Just pure horsepower and back then nobody did it better than Ernie Elliot.
Sponsored

Last edited: