Sponsored

'MyMode' keeps reverting back to 'normal' AE (exhaust) setting. Why???

forestg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Forest
Vehicle(s)
2014 gt500, 2016 shelby gt, 2020 shelby gt
Curious if I'm the only one, and why. From normal mode, I changed the steering to 'comfort', and exhaust to 'sport'. And every time I start the car, and select 'MyMode', its back to normal exhaust. The rest of the settings are correct, including comfort steering. Am I the only one? I tried everything, from recording it (with the 'ok' button) 3 times in a row, to re-setting the memory buttons while in 'MyMode', and same crap. I always start the car by turning ignition on, selecting MyMode, then firing up the engine. I can immediately tell it's not in sport mode, and yeah, click on the pony button, and MyMode is back to normal exhaust again. Geez. I was having this issue intermittently before replacing the battery (for an AGM), but it became permanent after that: it never remembers it anymore. Any ideas what it could be? Thx.

EDIT: I never set the settings to any key, in case you were wondering that. So that shouldn't be the issue.
When you save my mode does it acknowledge that it has been saved?
Sponsored

traktrbeam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford GT Premium PP1
Question for you guys on 'My Mode'....is this only available on a certain trim level? I have a GT premium PP1 400A. I don't see that setting in any menu.

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
When you save my mode, does it acknowledge that it has been saved?
Yep. Used the car yesterday, and flipped the mode switch after starting the engine, and MyMode kept sport exhaust, so that was it. It just won't start on anything other than normal (or quiet, if programmed). The good news is that the difference is slight, so not a big deal :D. Thank you for all the replies.

Sponsored

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
My, My Mode does not stay when I shift out of drive ,even if I dont turn the car off. I can be in my mode, put the car from drive to reverse or park and it kicks back to normal mode. One of the biggest complaints about this car is the stupid toggle for modes and the ability for it not to store the preference. Seems like I am playing with that damn toggle way to much!

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
My, My Mode does not stay when I shift out of drive ,even if I dont turn the car off. I can be in my mode, put the car from drive to reverse or park and it kicks back to normal mode. One of the biggest complaints about this car is the stupid toggle for modes and the ability for it not to store the preference. Seems like I am playing with that damn toggle way to much!
Not sure why your having that issue, I turn it on click up to my mode and don’t touch it again until the car turns off and back on.

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Maybe autos are different? But like Louk said, on our manuals, once you start the engine, and toggle it to 'MyMode', it stays there until you turn the engine off. Hopefully other auto owners will chime in soon.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have an auto and mymode sticks until I shut it off.
Sponsored