Sponsored

MY18 REVIEWS: The thread to put the press/owner reviews of MY18

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Hmm double money for a Jag would put me off - prefer a Mustang plus another toy.
Sponsored

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
I think the Jag is epic. It's not in my price range though, and I feel the Mustang will be more like the GT experience I'm after.

I mean just look at it though........

*Edit* After I watched this, [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] 's "wet launch" video auto-played =D

[ame]

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I think the Jag is epic. It's not in my price range though, and I feel the Mustang will be more like the GT experience I'm after.

I mean just look at it though........

*Edit* After I watched this, [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] 's "wet launch" video auto-played =D

Depends what your price range is? The R models are around 50k used with warranty, R AWD models are 55-65k and I'd not buy one of these unless it was AWD to be frank as without the AWD they are totally wild in the V8. The V6 RWD models are great fun however as just right amount of power for the chassis to handle and makes them fun and extremely engaging.

The SVR's are all still 80k plus, but the SVR is a bit like a GT 350 really, rare and all the tops pulled out to make it great.

But they all sound insane, amazing Jaguar fit them with such loud exhaust, but so do Shelby with GT 350. :)

The Jag gives me what I wanted, the same rarity, looks and noise as the Mustang but with the improved grip, handling and a decent auto which I very much wanted.

I am a car enthusiast, I love Mustangs, have owned 2 and there will be a third, I am also really wanting a Corvette, so just praying GM make some RHD examples as I'd love a Grand Sport Stingray.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I just found this video, showing a stock 18 running 11.8

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I just found this video, showing a stock 18 running 11.8

He did put a drag radial in the rear. ;)

But to be fair that is a great time and he can go faster, I'd say car has an 11.6 in it in ideal conditions and perfect run.

A couple of guys however with A10's on the PS4S completely stock have put their 18's into the high 11's and I think there is also a guy who has done headers, custom tune and drag radials has run a 10.9 at around 125mph, which for basic bolt-ons is superb, as quick as the blown 15's pretty much.

Its all in that A10, you won't see the manuals going anywhere near as fast in ET or terminal speed.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Another video I just found on owning the 18 and the 1st 1,000 miles, second half is better than the 1st half as talk about how it handles and performs

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I see CJ Pony have fitted a supercharger to there MY18

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Though my dream come true is I sincerely hope GM start offering Corvettes in RHD because if they do I will want one big time. :)
If rumours are true and the C8 is on a new platform (rather than the "Second Y-Platform" they've been using in various guises since the C4) then I have no doubts they'd make it RHD.

GM have been monitoring the Mustang in international markets, and there is absolutely a case for them to make a competitor to the Mustang in Right Hand Drive since in terms of international sales, the UK, South Africa, Australia, NZ and India are actually the big money spinners for the Mustang overseas. They sold nearly 12,000 Mustang in Europe in 2017 (src: Car Sales Base) and about 40% of all European orders have been for the UK according to DVLA statistics by first registration (65% of those being V8s). Heck, the UK alone buys more Mustangs than all of China! During the same period, about 6000+ Mustangs were sold in Australia, so these two RHD countries combined total nearly all of continental Europe.

Rene Kreis (Cadillac's PR head) at the New York auto show when they debuted the new Escalade has stated that RHD is high on the priorities list because of this. IIRC, GM India is already working on making the Camaro a right hooker.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
GM seems to have no interest in the UK. They shut all their Chevrolet dealerships and sold off Vauxhall to the French. Scum really.
They still sell Cadillac and Chevrolet vehicles in the UK officially. Camaro and three flavours of the Corvette for Chevy, and the Escalade, CTS-V and CT6 for Cadillac. They're basically replacing all of their European operations with Caddy (which is apparently doing reasonably well on the continent) and keep Chevy as the niche performance brand. The reason why UK operations haven't ramped up yet is due to lack of RHD models, which should be here 2019 or 2020.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

EDIT: Heck, I just visited the Dodge website (friend in PA is buying a Challenger 392) and it directed me to a UK website where you can find officially licensed Dodge traders. So it looks like we've been able to officially buy Dodge here, too.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Err... no. I mean, yes, the Camaro is being converted to RHD in Australia, but we ain't getting it.

In fact, GM has said that the UK is not a market they've succeeding it, and so is of little interest, though the Mustang's success was a surprise.

Both the 5th Gen and 6th were base-engineered for RHD, but the development was canned as the investment was not expected to give any return, and as "official" as they are here, there is only a SINGLE dealer.

I'm a GM guy and have an LS v8 at home. I would LOVE a Camaro (and nearly bought a Vette years ago) but buying a UK car (such as it is) may result in parts problems down the line, whereas importing a US one (warranty be damned...?) could at least support things like wing mirrors longer term (discounting mainland Europe here, so I'm generalising a smidge).

I would dearly love this to change. But, having been a guest of GM in Europe at things like FoS, I just don't think it'll happen.
Sponsored