My worst dash message is awesome

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Spirited end of season drive went better than expected. The grin was so big I missed the critical information displayed on the cluster…ended with 15 miles worth of gas to go 20 miles to gas station…it was a happy ending, coasting at times to increase the mpg lol
31275264-D2DB-42D2-90DF-E2CD67A93BB2.jpeg
Sponsored

j.footit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 HP
Spirited end of season drive went better than expected. The grin was so big I missed the critical information displayed on the cluster…ended with 15 miles worth of gas to go 20 miles to gas station…it was a happy ending, coasting at times to increase the mpg lol
31275264-D2DB-42D2-90DF-E2CD67A93BB2.jpeg
I never get mad seeing that screen pop up, I always laugh.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Surprised you haven't been attacked for going under a quarter of tank yet. I have learned a lot from doing such things (among other things), but won't share.

Why are you in snow mode?

OP
OP
2020GT500

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Surprised you haven't been attacked for going under a quarter of tank yet. I have learned a lot from doing such things (among other things), but won't share.

Why are you in snow mode?
Its the complete opposite of Track mode, the DCT looks for the lowest gear to maintain traction. Thus, in this scenario, I was using it to reduce my rpm, and in theory, increase my MPG... Can't say what, if any, MPG improvements were made, but I did make it to the pump. I'll add that I also pulled both paddles on the downhill sections to decrease the rolling resistance... :like: It was a great day!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Its the complete opposite of Track mode, the DCT looks for the lowest gear to maintain traction. Thus, in this scenario, I was using it to reduce my rpm, and in theory, increase my MPG... Can't say what, if any, MPG improvements were made, but I did make it to the pump. I'll add that I also pulled both paddles on the downhill sections to decrease the rolling resistance... :like: It was a great day!
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw snow mode lol. Guessing you made it in on fumes? I am totally in the fill up at 1/4 tank crowd but I get a kick out of those that do this. My wife does this all the time and I tell her she's on her own if/when she strands herself out of gas. Of course the husband handbook wont allow for such things but she doesn't need to know that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2020GT500

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw snow mode lol. Guessing you made it in on fumes? I am totally in the fill up at 1/4 tank crowd but I get a kick out of those that do this. My wife does this all the time and I tell her she's on her own if/when she strands herself out of gas. Of course the husband handbook wont allow for such things but she doesn't need to know that.
I like at least 1/2 a tank in these parts. Problem is if you tickle your floor boards with your right foot for to long, or to often, the gas seems to evaporate as the infectious smile increases. Still in awe at how fast the tank can be emptied, but couldn't care lees if I never pay to much attention to it. I love everything about this car!

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I think, the screen is set up with a little wiggle room,
A reserve as it were. It tells you 15 miles to E, but it is really 22-25

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
All in good fun but I shake my head at this logic. Gas is inevitable lol.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Actually many have found out the hard way that the gauge on our cars is spot on. Maybe a mile or two but that’s it. A word to the wise………….

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh, great idea!

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Actually many have found out the hard way that the gauge on our cars is spot on. Maybe a mile or two but that’s it. A word to the wise………….
ok good to know, I'd nevr let it get that low if I can help it, but I did test out my Jeep So I'd know exactly how far after the computer said E it go. Trails lack gas stations.lol.
It go 7-10 miles after the computer dash formula stated E.
7 city, 10 highway, and 5 on a crawling trail.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I agree on snow/rain mode and MPG. I am convinced it improves MPG because the car will not "go" like normal in that mode. The only way to get the car to improve MPGs if needed.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I’m not a 500, but the S550 5.0 is exactly 0 miles when it shows 0 miles. I learned the hard way, for the first time in 40 years I ran out of gas and the wife had to come rescue me, embarrassing. LOL

My Tundra, after it hits 0 miles range, I have 55 miles left to go.
My Lexus, after hitting 0 miles range , I have 45 miles to go.
The wife’s Armada, after hitting 0 miles range she has 40 miles to go.

I went on a spirited drive up a canyon-river road in the S550 when it was brand new in June, and figured I’d turn around when I felt I’d end up at the bottom with 0 miles range. Well, sure enough. I was 1 mile from the gas station when I hit 0 miles, and the car gave up.
American must be different than Japan in regards to Fing around with remaining trip mileage LOL.
PS - the gas-can adapter to fill your tank that’s required, should be the yellow thing in your empty spare tire well. (GT at least).

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I’m not a 500, but the S550 5.0 is exactly 0 miles when it shows 0 miles. I learned the hard way, for the first time in 40 years I ran out of gas and the wife had to come rescue me, embarrassing. LOL

My Tundra, after it hits 0 miles range, I have 55 miles left to go.
My Lexus, after hitting 0 miles range , I have 45 miles to go.
The wife’s Armada, after hitting 0 miles range she has 40 miles to go.

I went on a spirited drive up a canyon-river road in the S550 when it was brand new in June, and figured I’d turn around when I felt I’d end up at the bottom with 0 miles range. Well, sure enough. I was 1 mile from the gas station when I hit 0 miles, and the car gave up.
American must be different than Japan in regards to Fing around with remaining trip mileage LOL.
PS - the gas-can adapter to fill your tank that’s required, should be the yellow thing in your empty spare tire well. (GT at least).
I found that it is a painfully slow and messy process to fill the Mustang with a funnel.
Sponsored