My work parking lot sucks

OP
OP

duhameister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT- 50 Year
Sorry for the late reply, just came back in from Elk hunting. No cameras in the parking lot. I talked with the building manager about assigned parking, but I doubt it will happen. They seem to like spending more time talking doing things to solve problems that actually doing it.

I'm assuming it was a truck that hit me because it just clipped the top part of the fascia. I scoured the parking lot the next day, but no dice.
Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Sorry for the late reply, just came back in from Elk hunting. No cameras in the parking lot. I talked with the building manager about assigned parking, but I doubt it will happen. They seem to like spending more time talking doing things to solve problems that actually doing it.

I'm assuming it was a truck that hit me because it just clipped the top part of the fascia. I scoured the parking lot the next day, but no dice.
Good luck finding the vehicle much less getting any damages out of him.

A coworker of mine with a CTSV is still fighting to get his windshield replaced after a large pickup with off road tires and no flaps, kicked up a large rock and smashed his windshield and dented part of his roof line. He has no dash cam so this guy is saying the damage was already done and the Caddy is trying to scam him out of repairs. It's pretty uncivil right now.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Somebody got a new GT350 at work and started parking next to me on the far end of the lot. Haven't met him yet, but he is either using it as a daily or just has very poor self discipline. But it's there every day.
I would actually consider it a display of trust. He knows you'll watch out for him and he'll watch for you..lol

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
At my office we have to park on the street. The guy that cuts the grass for the church nearby ALWAYS lets the grass exit on the street side up close. I hate this man with every fiber of my being because he's been asked multiple times not to do it. I try to just keep an eye on the grass so I don't park there on mowing day but he does such a crappy job you can't tell half the time whether he's mowed or not. The blade must be super dull.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
At my office we have to park on the street. The guy that cuts the grass for the church nearby ALWAYS lets the grass exit on the street side up close. I hate this man with every fiber of my being because he's been asked multiple times not to do it. I try to just keep an eye on the grass so I don't park there on mowing day but he does such a crappy job you can't tell half the time whether he's mowed or not. The blade must be super dull.

What a jerk. I hope he dies of cancer.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
How about bed bugs? Not life threatening but nearly impossible to eradicate.
That could work. And the bites should be really itchy all the time. then his scabs would get mistaken for track marks and he would end up in trouble for heroin or something...

Should have just driven the mower the other direction..

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
At my office we have to park on the street. The guy that cuts the grass for the church nearby ALWAYS lets the grass exit on the street side up close. I hate this man with every fiber of my being because he's been asked multiple times not to do it. ]
What an ass. At least he didn't bust out the weed wacker and f up the rims too.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
One of the reasons I wake up 30 minutes early to beat the old BMW driver to the only corner spot under the parking deck with a zone next to the spot.

Sponsored

OrangeRush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CSGT Competition Orange

<image removed>
As a former landscaper, I can tell you it is extremely easy to avoid slinging crap all over someone's car. You can't throw wet grass clippings all over someone's white siding, so you have to learn how to control it.

There are rare occasions where it is utterly impossible to avoid getting little bits of grass on someone's car. In cases like that I would get as close as I could with the mower, come back with the weed-eater, and then bring the garden hose over afterwards. Then I'd take the blower and dry the car so it wouldn't get water spots on it. That's how NOT to be an a-hole landscaper.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
No cameras in the parking lot. I talked with the building manager about assigned parking, but I doubt it will happen. They seem to like spending more time talking doing things to solve problems that actually doing it.
You work for the government? :D

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Sorry OP about your damage. I park as far away as humanly possible for this reason.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
As a former landscaper, I can tell you it is extremely easy to avoid slinging crap all over someone's car. You can't throw wet grass clippings all over someone's white siding, so you have to learn how to control it.

There are rare occasions where it is utterly impossible to avoid getting little bits of grass on someone's car. In cases like that I would get as close as I could with the mower, come back with the weed-eater, and then bring the garden hose over afterwards. Then I'd take the blower and dry the car so it wouldn't get water spots on it. That's how NOT to be an a-hole landscaper.
I understand grass has to be cut and trimmed, but the place that cuts the stuff on the other side of the block has no trouble keeping the cars safe. Like you said, it's just a matter of making the effort to be courteous. One day I came out to my car and it was freakin everywhere. All over the roof, in the grill and radiator. I was so pissed. I try not to park there if I think there's even a chance that he'll mow. I've only ever even seen the guy out there one time in 9 years. He's like a landscaping ninja. I never even noticed this happened until I got the mustang. I have a TRD tacoma alsoand I guess it sits high enough that I don't catch enough grass to notice. I'm also not as protective of its paint after 9 years.

Ironically, when the grass needs cutting I park my car in the church lot..LOL

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Sorry OP about your damage. I park as far away as humanly possible for this reason.
Except I have seen that make you a "target" for A-holes . Weather they actually damage your car, or just parking close to piss you off.

I think a dashcam is about the only solution, and it has it's flaws.
Sponsored

Last edited: