Sponsored

My review of the Mishimoto Oil Cooler

Torsen

Scott Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MEB 6MT
Mishi why dont you have nylon braided lines? I bought your kit but I am paranoid of the metal rubbing on other components and or metal, so I took some heater hose and cut it so I can wrap the lines and zip tie the rubber hose so they can rub if they have to. Steel and Alum do not mix. Just as a suggestion maybe switch to nylon braided lines. Like this

Sponsored

ecolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, magnetic, base, PP, Recaros
I had initially removed the grille shutters, but after looking at them, it appeared that the frame may actually help duct some air to the radiator and intercooler, so I reinstalled it, but with the motor and all of the slats removed. Seemed like best of both words.

OP
OP

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I had initially removed the grille shutters, but after looking at them, it appeared that the frame may actually help duct some air to the radiator and intercooler, so I reinstalled it, but with the motor and all of the slats removed. Seemed like best of both words.
I had thought of that as well. I will be "ducting" the airflow if I have any issues with overheating at the track, but haven't seen any yet.

ecolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, magnetic, base, PP, Recaros
I'm in Phoenix, AZ. If it works for me, it should work for anyone. I'll let you know how it goes, track day a week from today.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Mishi why dont you have nylon braided lines? I bought your kit but I am paranoid of the metal rubbing on other components and or metal, so I took some heater hose and cut it so I can wrap the lines and zip tie the rubber hose so they can rub if they have to. Steel and Alum do not mix. Just as a suggestion maybe switch to nylon braided lines. Like this
Thanks for the suggestion! We've always used stainless braided lines as they are very difficult to damage, which reduces the change of a line failure. Yes, they are certainly abrasive and need to be routed in a fashion to avoid rubbing other components, including painted parts. We do our best to route lines within our direct-fit kits in a fashion that avoids any issues. Nylon is certainly an option that would provide a nice blend of these two characteristics, we will certainly check into this for future projects.

Passing your recommendation on to our team!

Thanks for the input!

I had thought of that as well. I will be "ducting" the airflow if I have any issues with overheating at the track, but haven't seen any yet.
I'm in Phoenix, AZ. If it works for me, it should work for anyone. I'll let you know how it goes, track day a week from today.
Looking forward to your results!

-John

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
has anyone run this kit in GT on a road course track?
Sponsored