hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
is it just me or am I going mad!

my reverse warning sounds ie the sounds the car makes when you are near something when reversing and the little car icon on your screen starts flashing the close bits

just changed from a higher pitch sound to a lower more computerised sound

I park in a garage so every time I reverse out, it makes those sounds,

I havent changed any settings what so ever
Sponsored

apruch91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Mine did that sometimes before I got a new battery. Could it be a sign your battery is going dead??? My first battery only lasted less than 2 years.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Mine does that also from time to time. And mine still has the factory 2016 battery.

I attribute the sound to low battery levels, usually caused from me starting and stopping the car as I move it in and out of the garage.

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mine did that sometimes before I got a new battery. Could it be a sign your battery is going dead??? My first battery only lasted less than 2 years.
I certainly hope not, the car is only 6 weeks old!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I certainly hope not, the car is only 6 weeks old!
Well if the change is sound is indeed related to the battery, that could be part of your issue.

I understand the quality of the batteries Ford fitted isn't great to start with and then the usage it gets from the factory and during a shipment to Aus isn't going to give it the best start in life ... :frown:

I cant help you with your problem, but I would be interested to see what you find after giving the battery a full charge and / or letting it sit on a tender for a decent amount of time.

WD :like:

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Mine does that occasionally (over yrs) its got something to do with the Audio/stereo and the way it connects up. Sounds crazy i know and hard to explain but trust me.......

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, mine has always done this too.

FM GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aug '16 Built RHD GT
Yeah mine does it too like once in a while, maybe every month or two just the one time. If I turn off the car and start it up again/lock and unlock the doors it will go back to normal. Only seems to happen in cases when I turn off the car and lock the doors and then quickly unlock the doors and turn on the car within 5 mins.

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the battery as mine is always charged up with a Ctek battery tender.

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Yeah mine does it too like once in a while, maybe every month or two just the one time. If I turn off the car and start it up again/lock and unlock the doors it will go back to normal. Only seems to happen in cases when I turn off the car and lock the doors and then quickly unlock the doors and turn on the car within 5 mins.

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the battery as mine is always charged up with a Ctek battery tender.
So what on earth is going on? Is it user error or a fault?

So weird

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Its normal, don't worry about it :like:

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just call it a " feature" that the car has.
Especially considering that some in here didn't believe that we'd actually be getting reversing sensors on export models in the first place.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
For the first month of ownership, my car had frighteningly loud backup warnings through the rear speakers. I juts thought it was supposed to be this way to get your attention. Then one day I was backing out of my garage as usual and the backup beeps sounded from the gauge cluster area. I though it was odd and went on my way. The next day, backed out of the garage again, but this time the warning beeps were at a much more reasonable volume and were back to playing from the rear speakers. From that day on they played at the same comfortable level and never switched back to the gauge cluster.

I have since removed the audio amplifier and replaced everything with aftermarket gear and now all warning tones come through the gauge cluster. The car is programmed this way as a safety measure in case your amplifier bites the dust so you can still hear the warning tones. It's much tamer and nicer this way. There is a code in Forscan to force this re-direction of warnings to always go to the gauges.
Sponsored