Sponsored

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Glad to see your new Shelby R is finally going home!!!.......:ford:

Enjoy her in good health Muligan.......... :clap2:

You will find removing those stickers, is very hard to do, I still can’t bring myself

to remove them, heck I can’t even bring myself to pierce the two rear bumper

license plate mounting holes, I left license plate on rear shelf..... :D

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
It's been pretty hectic around casa-de-Muligan since I returned with the new R, but I finally had a little time to bond with it this past Sunday. Here are some pics, including the money shot of the radio blanking plate. :thumbsup:

The totally bare trunk - not even a cover on the lid, so the emergency release pull is simply velcro'd to it.

A couple views inside of the trunk..... (I have to admit - that fuel funnel looks like a pilot evacuation tube from a small airplane).

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Get those spacers out of the suspension. Your R is in 4x4 mode :D

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roger that... I had the dealership leave them in so it would be easier to get into and out of the trailer, as well as to do the tie-downs. Going to pull them as soon as I get it up on the lift and will install the splitter at the same time.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That hanger door in the first pic was throwing me the hell off. Car looks beautiful though.

Lol maybe he has some speed bumps to make it over. Crazy how low the splitters are on those cars, I can barely make it up the driveway in my non R.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It's been pretty hectic around casa-de-Muligan since I returned with the new R, but I finally had a little time to bond with it this past Sunday. Here are some pics, including the money shot of the radio blanking plate. :thumbsup:

The totally bare trunk - not even a cover on the lid, so the emergency release pull is simply velcro'd to it.

A couple views inside of the trunk..... (I have to admit - that fuel funnel looks like a pilot evacuation tube from a small airplane).

Really like the color combination of your car along with those beautiful pictures of a bare bones R model!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Congrats Chris. Beautiful car. Did notice that there is a difference between our 16' & your 18' as far as a "Base" car is built. The 16' has the rear deck lid inside liner installed. Maybe this was a assy line mistake??? Maybe all 16' Base were built this way??? Need some more owners to confirm.

Harry, How was your 17' Base built in regards to the rear deck lid inside liner?
Harold, Isn't yours a 16' Base?
Chris could you give us a little update of the planting progress in your neck of the woods? TIA

Looking forward to get our planting done so I can finally get to enjoy this car!!!

Later Gators, Rex

Just realized 18's will be faster by 2lbs! Have a Great Day folks!

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Beautiful color combo!

Harry can tell you that I changed my color 3 times, and the 3rd time was a charm. You will absolutely enjoy this car!

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Congrats on the base R! I can’t image there are many S550 models that have that steering wheel blanking plate and those cruise control buttons. Interesting how they hung the funnel there. Best of luck.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Congrats Chris. Beautiful car. Did notice that there is a difference between our 16' & your 18' as far as a "Base" car is built. The 16' has the rear deck lid inside liner installed. Maybe this was a assy line mistake??? Maybe all 16' Base were built this way??? Need some more owners to confirm.

Harry, How was your 17' Base built in regards to the rear deck lid inside liner?
Harold, Isn't yours a 16' Base?
Chris could you give us a little update of the planting progress in your neck of the woods? TIA

Looking forward to get our planting done so I can finally get to enjoy this car!!!

Later Gators, Rex

Just realized 18's will be faster by 2lbs! Have a Great Day folks!
Rex, don't recall a rear deck lid liner on GR107 but have some pictures on file at home and can hopefully post for you.

My '17 Base trunk area looks just the same at Chris' trunk area.

Will take a look when I get home tonight.

Congrats on your new R and looking forward to some pictures of it including the trunk area.

;)

RushFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Damn Muligan , your car is awesome !!

Really enjoyed your story and especially these pictures . Such a great factory order !

Best of luck !
RushFan

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Nice pics. So are we going to see pics of you at the track pushing the car enough to recognize the weight savings of a base car?:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice pics. So are we going to see pics of you at the track pushing the car enough to recognize the weight savings of a base car?:thumbsup:
Nope.... busted. After 25 years of racing and instructing, I've finally realized that I'm too old, too slow, and utterly incapable of enjoying this car as it was intended. So, I'll never drive it - I'll just rub it with a diaper.

As a silver screen philosopher once said, "a man with priorities so far out of whack doesn't deserve such a fine automobile." ;)

[ame]

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Or Muligan, you could say like Winston Churchill.........

“My tastes are simple, only the best will do”.......... :ford:

Cheers :cheers:
Sponsored