Sponsored

My next convertible ... another Mustang GT? Something else? Misc rambling!

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Congratulations on the new ride. Awesome deal. Shoot, I paid more then that for my loaded Eco. Looking forward to pics. Huge change from black to OF!

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Huge change from black to OF!
I know, I keep having a WTF moment when I walk out into the garage :D

Got all the black emblems on, wow, what a PITA, but it looks so much better. The side 5.0 badges really pop against the orange, and the back matte black, works nicely against the glossy panel. The front just kind of disappears, not really much contrast, no biggie, that's a reuse from the previous car (that was actually still just sitting on the grill I cut out), a DIY rattle can on an OEM chrome pony :)

FWIW, these weren't Ford parts, but they're very good quality and the 5.0 and GT badges had alignment pins! Those usually aren't on the 3rd party badges ($30 from Amazon for the 3).

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha, yes, I will get some ASAP. I actually snapped a few, pre-new-badges, then got all tangled up on several things, then shot a couple of __craptacular__ photos I didn't post :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
This car is really good, I mean, it has everything I loved about my previous GT, and improved/amped it up.

So I got my matte black badges installed (my DIY Pony from the '16, it's decent, it was free :D). Tomorrow, or maybe Saturday, I'm going to pull out the sound tube, got another firewall plug, and I'm going to use some chair rubber feet I scored from Ace to plug the OEM connector on the other car (it was a 4 pack!), while I'm there, I'm going to drop in my aFE filter, and remove the carbon doodad from the factory airbox (assuming it's present in the '19).

I think I'm going to order a Steeda stainless H-pipe, they have a 18-19 specific model that allows you to reuse the OEM heat shielding, and it sounds +amazing+ with the Active Exhaust.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
The orange paint will clash with your surf board...give your current one to the sharks...or me....and buy a new one!

CVCashmere

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Tomorrow, or maybe Saturday, I'm going to pull out the sound tube, got another firewall plug, and I'm going to use some chair rubber feet I scored from Ace to plug the OEM connector on the other car (it was a 4 pack!), while I'm there, I'm going to drop in my aFE filter, and remove the carbon doodad from the factory airbox (assuming it's present in the '19).
Done :D

I actually left off the engine cover, PITA to remove, don't care about the noise baffles, motor looks awesome.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
And yet there are still no pictures. This is worse than the Ford GT500 horsepower reveal...
:facepalm:

Hahaha, maybe Iā€™ll do a small part of a photo at a time, on Twitter :crackup:

Hopefully tomorrow will be sunny, it rained pretty much all day today ...

I was checking out the exhaust modes in the garage today - Track is pretty serious (though still ordering an H-Pipe)

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Youā€™re taking so long to post pictures Iā€™m starting to believe youā€™re the guy in charge of rolling out GT500 specs. Can you at least post the first puzzle piece?