Sponsored

My neighbors hate me!

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Ditto... All of my neighbors but one like my Corsa's. That guy really hates them. He lives on the corner so I paddle shift down crackling and rumbling to his stop sign.
:cheers:

I've never had a complaint, but if I can hear my neighbors Tundra startup some morning, you better believe everyone can hear the Corsas at 5:00 AM.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

:cheers:

I've never had a complaint, but if I can hear my neighbors Tundra startup some morning, you better believe everyone can hear the Corsas at 5:00 AM.
You live in the south, like me! Down here, people are more forgiving. :lol:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm the only one on my street with a loud car, but then again it's very rare that it gets fired up before 7:30 AM.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Friend of mine has that, including no cats. It's to the point now he can't even leave his street without getting pulled over :lol:

I laugh at him every time cause that's one of the most annoying noise ever.
I can't imagine how it'll sound with no cats.. Might sound nasty.

I have a straight thru 3" catback with a J-Pipe for Drone (Solo performance street catback)

I'm thinking about getting O/R LTH but i think it'll be a little tooooo crazy

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i got my first complaint yesterday. although i have long tubes and extremes, i think it was the open tial valve i put on the blower that was icing on the cake. i pulled my car out idling. gathered stuff from my other car and hear. "hey,buddy!" i looked around to the neighbor across the street yelling from his bed room. he says thats to loud for 7am on a saturday. to which i replied thats funny bc so are your yappy little dogs at mid night. his bf and him didnt think it was funny

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how some of you guys do it. Must be interesting to be cool with saying F the neighbors. My sport catback is loud enough on cold start to easily be heard several houses down.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i don't care one bit. i lived here way before they did. I don't drive like a ass and i try to be as polite as i can but when they start being a$$holes my polite side goes away. so sorry you choose to drive a subaru and a prius.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I had the Borla Atak catback first and then added cat-less Kooks. It was EXTREMELY loud and annoying so I put the factory catback back on. It’s not as loud as I would like it but I’m pleasantly surprised how nice it to have a quiet cabin but still hear some growl during WOT.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I got the stink eye awhile back when my neighbor asked why my car was so loud, I responded with, Is that your dog that barks all day because you forgot about him being outside when you left!
Does he drive a Prius?

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
his bf and him didnt think it was funny
Hmm sounds like more going on there than the 7 am time, and perhaps I don't want to know.

Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I just put it in gear and roll a few feet. Turns down the cold start idle. I'm generally starting up between 0730 to 8 so it's not that big a deal for me but I still try to quiet it down quick.

One neighbor thought I had a motorcycle.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I've found that the rain/snow drive mode also quiets the car down a bit while being easy on the pedal. No help with the cold start though.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I have longtube catted headers and a Corsa Sport. You just need a tune and the cold start will not be an issue anymore. It's loud for about the first 4 seconds when I start it with my garage closed, then I open my garage right after that. When I first put on the headers when the car was still running a stock tune, it was insanely loud on cold start. No complaints from my neighbors and these starts are at 6 am.

OP
OP
hanz5oh

hanz5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
I have longtube catted headers and a Corsa Sport. You just need a tune and the cold start will not be an issue anymore. It's loud for about the first 4 seconds when I start it with my garage closed, then I open my garage right after that. When I first put on the headers when the car was still running a stock tune, it was insanely loud on cold start. No complaints from my neighbors and these starts are at 6 am.
Yea! I need to tune my cars as soon as my tuner gets in the mail...it got back ordered :frusty: because right now it is really loud on cold start and it sounds sloppy!

OP
OP
hanz5oh

hanz5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
So I just bought Corsa Headers to go with my Corsa Sport exhaust on my 2016 GT. I love the sound quality! It is loud and aggressive!!.....All the time......and my neighbors are starting to hate me when I start my car up in the morning .....Does anyone know the most affordable or best way to turn my Corsa Sport exhaust into an Active Exhaust? Or anything that helps reduce the cold start sound.
Update: I appreciate everyone’s suggestions! I am currently waiting on my BDX Tuner to arrive and decided to do H pipe with Dynomax race bullet mufflers! Hoping to create a deeper tone and reduce the raspy loud cold start with all this.:headbang:
Sponsored