My Mode - not saving 2018

Damo0450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
When trying to hold the “ok” button to save my mode in my 2018 5.0 it says done/ completed yet when l start the car again it reverts back to normal and has not saved.

Has anyone come across this and is there a fix out there
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I am not 100% sure what you mean but if you expect to always start the car and be in MyMode, it doesn't work that way. MyMode is just another choice on the toggle. It will start in normal mode and if you want MyMode, you flip the toggle to it. At least, that is the way mine works.

OP
OP

Damo0450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Thanks brucelinc but when l save my setting ( loud exhaust) ond press the ok ( save) then when l stop the car and restart it reverts back no quiet mode

Thanks

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
On my 401A car the my mode I set up I still there on start up. Every time. I don't have AE so don't know about that but my dash layout stays put. Sport+

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Thanks brucelinc but when l save my setting ( loud exhaust) ond press the ok ( save) then when l stop the car and restart it reverts back no quiet mode

Thanks
Hi Damian. Check your quiet mode time settings. It will always start in quiet mode if it is set to be in that mode at that particular time of day. You can have it set for 24 hours start in quiet mode if you like or vice versa, never on.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Jetnoise, yes the dash layout system stays the same. That is mycolor....not mymode.

MyMode is another drive mode....a combination of steering, performance and exhaust setting that you create. If you have magneride, that is part of the mix, too. Once saved, your combination becomes another drive mode that you can select in addition to normal, sport+, track, dragstrip and snow/wet.

Your MyMode selection is not the default. When you start the car, you need to select it. It is one flip of the toggle after normal. It starts in normal mode so the exhaust sound is legal and all nannies are in place.

If anyone's car works differently, such as allowing the car to start in track settings, please chime in.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Jetnoise, yes the dash layout system stays the same. That is mycolor....not mymode.

MyMode is another drive mode....a combination of steering, performance and exhaust setting that you create. If you have magneride, that is part of the mix, too. Once saved, your combination becomes another drive mode that you can select in addition to normal, sport+, track, dragstrip and snow/wet.

Your MyMode selection is not the default. When you start the car, you need to select it. It is one flip of the toggle after normal. It starts in normal mode so the exhaust sound is legal and all nannies are in place.

If anyone's car works differently, such as allowing the car to start in track settings, please chime in.
^This

OP
OP

Damo0450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I am not 100% sure what you mean but if you expect to always start the car and be in MyMode, it doesn't work that way. MyMode is just another choice on the toggle. It will start in normal mode and if you want MyMode, you flip the toggle to it. At least, that is the way mine works.

OP
OP

Damo0450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Thankyou for the reply, even when l save my settings in normal mode it reverts back to the standard setting. Dose this happen to your ?

OP
OP

Damo0450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hi Damian. Check your quiet mode time settings. It will always start in quiet mode if it is set to be in that mode at that particular time of day. You can have it set for 24 hours start in quiet mode if you like or vice versa, never on.
Clock setting are fine for quiet mode 6am -7am
I under stand that my mode is one mode amongst the others and you should be able to set the setting in normal mode so when you start the car exhaust sound steering should be were you saved it but it starts in normal steering and exhaust ,, any ideas

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I under stand that my mode is one mode amongst the others and you should be able to set the setting in normal mode so when you start the car exhaust sound steering should be were you saved it but it starts in normal steering and exhaust ,, any ideas
No, that's what you get. It is built that way so that you have to consciously change to those settings either individually or via your pre-saved my mode.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
When you restart the car it will always go to Normal mode and Normal settings. It won't apply your My Mode settings until you flip the Mode switch.

Reactions: PKs

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
brucelinc
LOVE that movie quote!

brucelinc

Threads