Sponsored

2018 My Mode

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
In searching through the forums I can't seem to find the answer to this.

I have set up the My Mode on my 2018 GT Premium 401A. What I am trying to figure out is if my selections can be set for the default mode upon start-up, or does it always start in the "Normal" mode and then I haven to toggle to the My Mode setting?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Yeah, there is a way to make it the default setting. I'd just dig through the menus. One of the 18GTs I sat in was already uglified by someone's personal taste via the mymode defaults.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
In searching through the forums I can't seem to find the answer to this.

I have set up the My Mode on my 2018 GT Premium 401A. What I am trying to figure out is if my selections can be set for the default mode upon start-up, or does it always start in the "Normal" mode and then I haven to toggle to the My Mode setting?

Thanks in advance!
I am curious as well since I have MYMODE setup to my liking but it is not default.

OP
OP
ScottyRyan2018

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, there is a way to make it the default setting. I'd just dig through the menus. One of the 18GTs I sat in was already uglified by someone's personal taste via the mymode defaults.
OK, I will keep looking. I know there is a selection where it says to push "OK" to save the settings to My Mode, which then adds it to the toggled settings that you access down by the shifter. But I can't seam to find a way to set it as the default at start-up.

I know my wife's BMW had it where all sorts of personalized settings were tied to the key fob so each fob could have different settings. Not sure if Ford was doing something like that or not?

Thanks for the reply!

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
OK, I will keep looking. I know there is a selection where it says to push "OK" to save the settings to My Mode, which then adds it to the toggled settings that you access down by the shifter. But I can't seam to find a way to set it as the default at start-up.

I know my wife's BMW had it where all sorts of personalized settings were tied to the key fob so each fob could have different settings. Not sure if Ford was doing something like that or not?

Thanks for the reply!
Ford has "MyKey" but it a restrictive thing- limits putting the car in sport mode, top speed, max volume on the stereo and things like that.

I have not found a way to change the default start mode to the MyMode yet.

Sponsored

Stanglife0419

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Can you set Traction Control and ESC preferences with My Mode? If so, I would assume that's why you can't set it as the default on startup, since those have to be full on by law when starting the car.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, btw I also found that if you turn the ignition on without starting the car, then toggle to "MyMode" then start the car it actually erases the MyMode you set and the next time you start the car and go to MyMode it will be all set to Normal (suspension, steering, exhaust).
Weird.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you set Traction Control and ESC preferences with My Mode? If so, I would assume that's why you can't set it as the default on startup, since those have to be full on by law when starting the car.
Not really...sort of... you should be able to set it to track mode as MyMode which disables traction control, but I don't think you can set it independently.

OP
OP
ScottyRyan2018

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the next question is, I wonder if a tuner or through this FORScan do-hickey one could change it to default to it?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Oh, btw I also found that if you turn the ignition on without starting the car, then toggle to "MyMode" then start the car it actually erases the MyMode you set and the next time you start the car and go to MyMode it will be all set to Normal (suspension, steering, exhaust).
Weird.

I tried it but that didn’t erase anything.

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
My Mode will save all your settings, however, each time the car is started it's in normal mode. The benefit of My Mode is one click of the toggle switch and you're in My Mode. It won't start automatically in My Mode.
Sponsored