Sponsored

My GT350 Spare Tire Solution

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Gold wing 2020 f-150 pro stock mustang. 2019 Shelby gt 350
So bring me up to speed here. I have a 2019 GT 350 on order. will the front tire and wheel work on the rear as a spare? If you were to have an extra front wheel of course Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
The rim offsets are different on the front wheels vs the rear wheel. So the stock front wheel will not fit on the rear at all. The rear can fit on the front with a spacer. So this spare setup is a wheel that fits the rear normally and fits the front with the spacer.
So I guess if you had a spare rear wheel and a spacer, you could use that as a spare on the front. But the rear is pretty big to fit in the trunk.

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Gold wing 2020 f-150 pro stock mustang. 2019 Shelby gt 350
The rim offsets are different on the front wheels vs the rear wheel. So the stock front wheel will not fit on the rear at all. The rear can fit on the front with a spacer. So this spare setup is a wheel that fits the rear normally and fits the front with the spacer.
So I guess if you had a spare rear wheel and a spacer, you could use that as a spare on the front. But the rear is pretty big to fit in the trunk.
Thanks I appreciate your answer. Kind of a scary thought riding around with no spare,
at the mercy of the tow truck.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks I appreciate your answer. Kind of a scary thought riding around with no spare,
at the mercy of the tow truck.
What I've found is that every time I've picked up a nail the TPMS helped me and I was able to drive home and then take the tire/wheel to get patched.

Sponsored

EastIndy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 1974 Corvette (Sold)
I know I'm performing thread necromancy but I'm curious if anyone knows the difference between the 350 and 350R kits? The 350 is in stock but the 350R is not.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I know I'm performing thread necromancy but I'm curious if anyone knows the difference between the 350 and 350R kits? The 350 is in stock but the 350R is not.
I recall someone mentioning in another thread that the difference is the included spacer. I assume the spacer size is the same but the bolt lengths are probably different. Probably best to call the company and confirm.

EastIndy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 1974 Corvette (Sold)
I recall someone mentioning in another thread that the difference is the included spacer. I assume the spacer size is the same but the bolt lengths are probably different. Probably best to call the company and confirm.
They responded that the spacer is different. You are correct that it's due to the bolt length - they provide a 3" spacer for the R. They don't know when they'll be able to source that again.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They responded that the spacer is different. You are correct that it's due to the bolt length - they provide a 3" spacer for the R. They don't know when they'll be able to source that again.
Someone is smoking something. The offset for the GT350R is the same as the base. Takes a 1” spacer on the front.
I can’t even imagine what a 3” spacer looks like.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Someone is smoking something. The offset for the GT350R is the same as the base. Takes a 1” spacer on the front.
I can’t even imagine what a 3” spacer looks like.
Yeah. Bolts may be that long but not the spacer. That should be 1” regardless of R or non-R.

Sponsored

aggarcia70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350
Yeah. Bolts may be that long but not the spacer. That should be 1” regardless of R or non-R.
Remember the R has those carbon fiber wheels. They have really thick mounting pads, so the R has really long front wheel studs and very long rear studs. So the R kit needs much longer wheel spacer. Would seem to be easier to have a slip on spacer and use the factory lug nuts. Might need different t spacers for front and back.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember the R has those carbon fiber wheels. They have really thick mounting pads, so the R has really long front wheel studs and very long rear studs. So the R kit needs much longer wheel spacer. Would seem to be easier to have a slip on spacer and use the factory lug nuts. Might need different t spacers for front and back.
Regardless of the thickness of the wheel mounting pad, the backspacing difference front to rear is 1”.
The wheel face-to-brake rotor dimension is the same for all GT-350’s. Only difference is the length of the studs due to the thickness of the mounting pad.

aggarcia70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350
Regardless of the thickness of the wheel mounting pad, the backspacing difference front to rear is 1”.
The wheel face-to-brake rotor dimension is the same for all GT-350’s. Only difference is the length of the studs due to the thickness of the mounting pad.
But this kit uses the stock lug nuts. So in order to facilitate this requirement of their kit, they are using thick wheel spacers. It would seem easier if they included 5 open ended lug nuts for use with their spare tire, so only the smaller 1 inch spacer for the front is required.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But this kit uses the stock lug nuts. So in order to facilitate this requirement of their kit, they are using thick wheel spacers. It would seem easier if they included 5 open ended lug nuts for use with their spare tire, so only the smaller 1 inch spacer for the front is required.
I have the Automotive Authority spare and it only needs a 1” spacer to use on the front. No spacer on the rear.
If the “R” studs are too long, just keep some open ended lug nuts in the car.

DaveJP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have the AA spare setup for my R...You do need to have the 3 in spacer on the front. Open ended lugs won't help because once you mount the spacer, which has its own set of studs for mounting of the spare, you would have the R studs protruding through if the spacer was too thin. You would not be able to mount the spare...The 3 in covers the OEM studs, making it possible to then mount the wheel on the spacer studs without any issue. As others have said, no spacer needed for the rear.
Sponsored