My friend's GT350 quality woes...no longer in the stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
My buddy in TX, longtime Mustang faithful. Recently traded in his tricked out '13 GT500 a little more than a month ago for 17 LB. He'd been looking for a while and was swayed slightly by my rave reviews in my 16 TY.

Well, on the drive home from a dealer several hours away, his steering wheel controls went out. They replaced the steering wheel electronics and it seemed to fix the issue.

He put some love into the car with a clear bra, engine detailing bits and window louvers. During this time he had multiple electrical issues with controls and now with the entire dash going out except the gauges.

Happened multiple times. Took it to the dealer multiple times, not the selling dealership. They tell him nothing is wrong multiple times since they can't replicate the failure. Even with pics and video.

Fed up, no support from Ford, it was stressing him out. He's bummed because he loved his GT500 and put a lot of time and money into it. He decided to sell it back for slightly less than what owed, but doesn't take into account what he put into it already and the $6K equity from his trade. Will get some back from the extended warranty.

Just sad that a long time supporter of Ford has to have this happen. He's going to sit back and wait a while and focus on his 95 Fox body cobra. He bought it from a collector with less than 10K miles a little more than a year ago. It was like a mint time capsule. Awesome car.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
My buddy in TX, longtime Mustang faithful. Recently traded in his tricked out '13 GT500 a little more than a month ago for 17 LB. He'd been looking for a while and was swayed slightly by my rave reviews in my 16 TY.

Well, on the drive home from a dealer several hours away, his steering wheel controls went out. They replaced the steering wheel electronics and it seemed to fix the issue.

He put some love into the car with a clear bra, engine detailing bits and window louvers. During this time he had multiple electrical issues with controls and now with the entire dash going out except the gauges.

Happened multiple times. Took it to the dealer multiple times, not the selling dealership. They tell him nothing is wrong multiple times since they can't replicate the failure. Even with pics and video.

Fed up, no support from Ford, it was stressing him out. He's bummed because he loved his GT500 and put a lot of time and money into it. He decided to sell it back for slightly less than what owed, but doesn't take into account what he put into it already and the $6K equity from his trade. Will get some back from the extended warranty.

Just sad that a long time supporter of Ford has to have this happen. He's going to sit back and wait a while and focus on his 95 Fox body cobra. He bought it from a collector with less than 10K miles a little more than a year ago. It was like a mint time capsule. Awesome car.
What a BS thread...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
No such thing as a 1995 fox body cobra.

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
what's up with this crap all over...jeez

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
As soon as someone posts about trading in their GT350 for a BMW or whatever, Mods should delete the post and deactivate the account. They obviously don't need it anymore and will only flood the forum with threads that always turn into why the GT350 is better than whatever they traded it in on :cheers: I have my solution. I'm just going to stop falling for the click bait :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
My John Deere tractor is faster than my gt350. I'm gonna sell it now for a Massey Furgerson

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
100% agreed. These ongoing; "oh whoa is me, my GT350 is a POS, everything in life must be perfect or I will have a meltdown" threads are getting real old.
Sounds like BMW owners to me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
As soon as someone posts about trading in their GT350 for a BMW or whatever, Mods should delete the post and deactivate the account. They obviously don't need it anymore and will only flood the forum with threads that always turn into why the GT350 is better than whatever they traded it in on :cheers: I have my solution. I'm just going to stop falling for the click bait :thumbsup:
Pipe down...one, he didn't trade it. Two, he has had nothing but problems more than what I've commented on. Three, I'm not bashing the car, I love my 350 and have all of the same quality issues as most...I even had my splitter rip off due to wrong install by the dealer (I bought the car before being a member here, so no I did not know about the install issues).

I'm just posting to let y'all know of another example of a poor quality control is all.

I love my car, faults and all...I traded a super clean Boss 302 for a car with crappy paint, bad panel fitment, bad panel quality.

Geez guys, get a grip.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
This is a peaceful loving forum. No need for negative newbies. We here at mustang6g leave that billshit to the Camaro bots.

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
100% agreed. These ongoing; "oh whoa is me, my GT350 is a POS, everything in life must be perfect or I will have a meltdown" threads are getting real old.
It's not about being perfect, it's about a car that is not working probably...never has from when it left the dealership...he rolled with it, took it in good spirits and did his best to let Ford fix it...they couldn't and wouldn't help him, his choice to eat and minimize his loss...Don't blame him, I couldn't stomache it...He bleeds Ford Blue. All he and his wife drive are Fords.

Not every post is going to be shiny.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
why would he sell and take a loss rather than lemon law ?

And why would he not create an account and post here himself?

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
why would he sell and take a loss rather than lemon law ?

And why would he not create an account and post here himself?
I asked him that. Since the only documented issue was the original controls not working period, the could never get the intermittent issue to repeat, document and diagnose after multiple trips to the shop. He was just tired of it.

I had a similar issue with my 2005 Z. Just would not start every once in a while. Could never repeat in the shop or diagnose. They couldn't do anything.

I thought I'd share his experience, he's not a computer/forum guy. Just a wrench head. I thought people here would like to know.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.