bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sage advice sir - thanks! I'm really looking forward to the aftermarket stuff. Which car do you own if you dont mind me asking? What are the things that you love and hate about the gal?
I own 2017 GT Grabber Blue Premium Manual. I love the car a lot. I'm in Europe so the car has less power and much less after market support here as sourcing parts is hard. However since I'm in Europe the car is an exotic here so it gets a lot of attention. Things I hate mostly the dreaded wheel hop which combined with our roads is really dangerous and I have not one or two lost tractions problems but this is easy solvable. Overall the car is great.
Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Thanks for the reply! The Coyote Mounty is going to happen... its just a matter of time. :) I'm a nitrous virgin, so thanks for the words of wisdom. Frankly, this is/was my first muscle car, so I think I can live on NA passes for a while. I want to run low 10's eventually, but I know I'll need to build the motor for either nitrous or a blower and find a competent tuner. Know of any good chassis dyno shops? PBH seems to know their stuff, and I have spoken with them about the Coyote Mounty project. Would you consider a used Mustang with the 10 speed? I hate depreciation, which is the sole reason I've never bought a brand-new car, but man, based on the GT with tranny problems right off the truck, I think a new car might be the way to go for the warranty. 7k miles and Tranny problems! Do you think it was beat up at the track, or did I just get a bad car?
You should look for a certified preowned car. You won’t get a hit from depreciation that way plus you get an extended warranty on it. I bought mine and it has 7 years/100000 miles on power train and an additional 12 months/12000 miles bumper to bumper which ford gives to any CPO car. Plus on top of that for like 20 dollars a month I extended my bumper to bumper to 75000 miles. Worth it to me since the modern electronics are expensive. My cars also fully loaded and was driven by a ford executive with all documented maintenance. Super low miles only a few thousand. So that might me an option for you as well.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
As others have stated, there's no factory delivery. It's Flat Rock Michigan, a grimy UAW plant, not a Zuffenhausen Bahnsturmer Autohaus.

Also, Mustangs are fantastic Grand Touring cars, but a drag-racing car they aren't. But if you just want to have fun at the strip, get the 10A.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Forum newbie here...

I work from home, so I don't need a commuter car... plan for the car is road trips and occasional drag racing, maybe do hot rod drag week next year. Would you guys go with the 10R80 or the getrag for such a car? Also, the list of options on the new cars is extensive. For the guys and gals that live with Mustangs, what are the essentials on the options list?

Thanks in advance,

Ben (The guy who owned an s550 for 30 minutes)

P.S. - a blower is in my future... just need to get the car first! (Edit - I thought the manual option was a Tremec, I was corrected - its a Getrag - corrected my post)
Hell yeah they're perfect for hitting the strip but you won't be picking it up at the factory. Btw, I would go tires, suspension, IRS lockdown, exhaust, E85, and then blower and maybe nitrous.

OP
OP

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
Well, I searched and searched to no avail, but I got to drive some really cool cars, and the 10 speed is amazing! Here is what I decided to order:

19' GT Premium Fastback
A10 Trans
401A
Color - Shadow Black
Seats - Show Stopper Red
Enhanced Security Package
Performance Pack 1
Magneride
Active Valve exhaust
Navigation
B&O
Safe & Smart Pack
Spoiler Delete

I was told tomorrow is the last day to order a 19'. I'm getting quotes from 5 different dealers who shall remain nameless, but they know they are competing against one another and its the last say of the month, so I hope to get a hell of a deal... signing the paperwork tomorrow. Yay!

Thanks for all of the advice guys - really looking forward to getting the car!

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I haven't had any issues with my 18 GT 6MT - screw the auto - bought it in Prescott AZ brand new. No dealer issues at all.

imyopusha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prermium A10, PP1, Magneride, 401A, B&O
Well, I searched and searched to no avail, but I got to drive some really cool cars, and the 10 speed is amazing! Here is what I decided to order:

19' GT Premium Fastback
A10 Trans
401A
Color - Shadow Black
Seats - Show Stopper Red
Performance Pack 1
Magneride
Active Valve exhaust
Navigation
B&O
Safe & Smart Pack
Spoiler Delete

I was told tomorrow is the last day to order a 19'. I'm getting quotes from 5 different dealers who shall remain nameless, but they know they are competing against one another and its the last say of the month, so I hope to get a hell of a deal... signing the paperwork tomorrow. Yay!

Glad to hear. You are doing it the right way for sure. Have dealers compete. It always works out the best.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A

19' GT Premium Fastback
A10 Trans
401A
Color - Shadow Black
Seats - Show Stopper Red
Performance Pack 1
Magneride
Active Valve exhaust
Navigation
B&O
Safe & Smart Pack
Good on ya, brother. Get ready to clean those front wheels every frickin day, and a black car is... a commitment.

Spoiler Delete
Wifey told me... if it's not got a spoiler, why bother? Who am I to question that logic?

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
falk,
Crest Ford
22675 Gibraltar Rd.
Flat Rock Mi, 48134

It's about as close as you can get. Right across the street from the Mustang assembly plant. Check with UAW local 3000 for plant tours.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

19' GT Premium Fastback
A10 Trans
401A
Color - Shadow Black
Seats - Show Stopper Red
Performance Pack 1
Magneride
Active Valve exhaust
Navigation
B&O
Safe & Smart Pack
Spoiler Delete

Well?

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Please, PLEASE...learn about your car before you start doing stuff to it.

Do a lot of reading. If it's on the internet, be skeptical of the source.

Rules of thumb (again, be skeptical, even of me)
If you don't know what you are doing...and I mean REALLY know it...find a friend who does who can walk you though it/teach it to you, or have it done professionally.
Read the instructions before you start the install. Keep referring to them as you go on.
Brakes first... Stopping is a lot more important than going fast. The faster you go, the faster you need to stop.
Make sure you address the weak links. When using power adders Search on these and other forums for some of the problem areas.

Consider a project car instead of a new car. If you throw a nitrous shot in it, and blow up your engine, destroy your tranny, or twist your drive shaft/half shafts apart, your warranty will not cover it. More than likely, your will end up causing the service tech to laugh so hard it gives him a stroke/heart attack when you ask.

Get a car that you can learn on, destroy, and not get the "what the f&*k did I just do?" feeling as you realize that you just cost yourself a 20k repair or have totaled your 50k car.

You've already said you are not a car guy. Become one. Find a local club. Talk to their members. Get involved. Keep yours stock until you get more knowledge and start to develop a plan on where you want to start. (BRAKES). You can also take courses at your local community college to help you improve your knowledge. Also, before go racing...start slow and build your skill. It's not just mashing the throttle when the light goes green. I am sure you don't want to go nose first into the wall...

You sound like you want to become a car guy. That's great, and that's what a lot of people here are. Take your time. Unless you have a hard expiration date, you probably have time to learn.

Last edited:

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Glad you got rid of the car from Carvana. I would never buy from them. It smells like high-volume auction/non-reported salvage cars.
Disagree.

I sold my Golf R to them that had been in multiple accidents, they offered me well over what they should have and then promptly auctioned it off. It was never listed for sale on their website as they claim they don't sell cars with accident history, it went straight to auction.

I also have bought from them, a 16' Q5 3.0T for my wife that was a lease return which they bought at auction.

I got all the service records through Audi, found the auction sale record where Carvana bought it from, and their website was very detailed with photos.

The car showed up with an undisclosed scratch on the hood and they are now paying for a shop of my choice to re-paint the hood, no questions asked.

The car was super clean, had a PPI done during the 7 day return period by my Audi/VW guy and he said it was in great shape.

The only real issue I had with them was that they didnt detail the interior of the car before delivery and I complained about it so they're sending me a check for 100 dollars to cover an interior detail.

I'm sure the Forester we traded in to them will be on their website within the week because it was dealer serviced, no accidents, and low miles.

OP
OP

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
Please pardon my long post... I wrote this yesterday.

So I thought today was going to be the day... end of month, 5 dealers looking for my car, no problem to ink a deal. Here's how it went down:
  • I am really FKN sick of looking a window stickers! Seriously, I've looked at hundreds of them today!
  • My phone has been ringing off the hook, and I came to realize how much I hate text messages!
  • 2 dealers got back to me and confirmed MY19 orders are officially over. Neither dealer had what I wanted in stock.
  • Dealer 1 offered me a base-model GT, 300a, with mag-ride, PP1, and the 10A for $43k... it was closest to what I spec'd out that he had in stock. Passed on it. Ass-sweat is a serious problem here in AZ, and I wanted the booty-cooling feature and leather. If you're a desert dweller you'll understand. Plus - why spend that much on my first brand-new car and miss out on some of the features I really want?
  • Dealer 2 was a super-cool, no pressure guy, but he didn't have the inventory either. He offered to talk to his bosses-bosses-boss to get me a priority 1 '20, but I really want a '19, and I found two of them at other dealerships. I'll probably go back to him for my order. I asked about adding mag-ride to something on the lot, and he said he wouldn't feel right doing that, as it's much cheaper when you order it on the car from the factory. Same deal with the larger screen. I'll probably order my car from him. A dealer with integrity and a conscious is a rarity these days. He also offered to have anything that I wanted to drive freshly washed and ready-to-go promptly when I arrived for my appointment.
  • Dealer 3: sales director sent a window sticker that met all of my specs- said he could have the car for me in about a week - WHOA - THIS IS THE ONE! And then I noticed the MSRP was over $60k. Thought to myself "WTF?" Oh, its a convertible. Gave him a call, and he said "oh shit, I missed that too!" He happens to have a 19 in transit to a sister dealership in LA, and he said he would try to transfer it in for me or hook me up with the receiving dealership and close a deal today. Never heard back.
  • Dealer 4: wife pointed out that this guy was from the same chain that we called the cops on. The salesman refused to do any business over the phone, and I found the car he wanted to sell me, it was at dealer 5.
  • Dealer 5: long exchange with this dude today. I thought this was the one. '19 GT Premium - 6 miles on the clock, A10, 401A, PP1, mag-ride, exhaust, B&O, ESP. Only thing this pony was missing on my list is the safe & smart pack and the spoiler delete. MSRP $52,120. I was ready to pay $45k, which I think is a fair price for an EOM deal. I asked for a breakdown and he sent me a photo of some chicken scratches on a piece of paper... old school sales-dude style. MSRP: $53,363. Sell price: $48.8k. Tax - $4178. Reg & title: $1215. OTD: $54,205. I did some excel work, and quickly realized that this was a no-lube deal. Called the guy out via email with the math, and he simply stopped responding. Called dealer 1 back, he told me I was being screwed, and that he would order a car for me at $500 over invoice, via email and docusign. Being an engineer and a curious person in general, I asked questions... he agreed to show me the actual invoice.
@imyopusha - thank you for the referral. I haven't chatted with the contacts that you sent me yet, but I think I'm going to. I cant seem to catch a break with car dealers.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Don't buy the 6 speed. the ratios are all wrong. a10 is the only choice if you want a fast car.
6 Speed is god damn awesome - you are so wrong. I've driven this car to several states - just a dream. Might as well get a Tesla if you only care about speed and no shifting- it would be faster.

Man second idiot post I've read - why do I keep coming back to this site. That is enough for one day.
Sponsored