OP
OP

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
Please, PLEASE...learn about your car before you start doing stuff to it.

Do a lot of reading. If it's on the internet, be skeptical of the source.

Rules of thumb (again, be skeptical, even of me)
If you don't know what you are doing...and I mean REALLY know it...find a friend who does who can walk you though it/teach it to you, or have it done professionally.
Read the instructions before you start the install. Keep referring to them as you go on.
Brakes first... Stopping is a lot more important than going fast. The faster you go, the faster you need to stop.
Make sure you address the weak links. When using power adders Search on these and other forums for some of the problem areas.

Consider a project car instead of a new car. If you throw a nitrous shot in it, and blow up your engine, destroy your tranny, or twist your drive shaft/half shafts apart, your warranty will not cover it. More than likely, your will end up causing the service tech to laugh so hard it gives him a stroke/heart attack when you ask.
Sage advice, thank you. I am a car guy, just not a NEW car guy. I've always worked on my own stuff, and the words I hate most in the Ford service manuals are "serviced as assembly." I'd love to build something, just dont have the garage space at the moment. NA passes and road racing in stock form are good for now... Too many projects! On brakes - the brembos included with PP1 seem good, what would you suggest as an upgrade?
Sponsored

onebad58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang 1958 ford 2021 mach 1
6 Speed is god damn awesome - you are so wrong. I've driven this car to several states - just a dream. Might as well get a Tesla if you only care about speed and no shifting- it would be faster.

Man second idiot post I've read - why do I keep coming back to this site. That is enough for one day.
6 speed is fine if you like the open road. but if you want to feel all the power get an auto 10a. ask the man who owed one. me.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
When I bought my 18’ with all my “must haves” but it came with things i didn't really want but glad i have it (navigation and enhanced security) nobody within a reasonable distance had what I wanted. I found my car at Koons Ford in Baltimore, MD with 9K off sticker with their “WOW” price back in October 2018.

https://www.koonsfordbaltimore.com They have 3 Ford dealers and you can see their inventory on-line. They have quite a few PP2’s for those who are looking for one.

It was a super easy transaction since I knew the price they were giving me for my trade in and I had my financing done thru my CU before I left. I drove up, test drove my 18’, signed papers then left with my 18’. Was out of there in about an hour or so later. You could also fly in and drive home. They will pick you up at the airport.

***** looks like stock #1815P8C http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=3ae5tBh4rjP8r83NYg3J1J3bR4tML1yQXvXqXe30ICdU0MW/MwNVcOjbdIE5t5ST8ljb98sdQghPa456HR5TEjgU+NHT3q1foYUvU01lXA6/ifwWYR3t4kYTQj5pRUHZOpBCkDoWY4FzKSCOSGkUv+7RanhGSagvi6pVc8icjuE= It has most of the things you wanted on your list****

It doesn’t have Magneride. I have it but haven't driven a 18' GT without one so i can't tell you if there is a noticeable difference or not. My 15' GT was a non PP so the suspension felt floaty which is the reason why i went with the Magneride for my 18'. You can alsways get a decent aftermarket suspension. No spoiler delete. You can trade trunk lids with someone who wants a PP1 rear spoiler. The only thing i can see is it doesn't have is the Safe & Smart option.

Last edited:

imyopusha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prermium A10, PP1, Magneride, 401A, B&O
@imyopusha - thank you for the referral. I haven't chatted with the contacts that you sent me yet, but I think I'm going to. I cant seem to catch a break with car dealers.
Yeah, those are some terrible deals. So many dealers wouldn’t get close to those dealers I PM’d you about. The Koons dealer listed above is a decent source, too. I actually used to know one of the Koons’ sons when I lived in VA. Big party animal. Lol.

I would highly recommend Uriah or Sandra. They won’t jerk you around much and their advertised prices are already much better than nearly every deal You can find online. Of course, you’d have to get it home. If you shipped, or flew and drove, you’d still probably end up four-figures better off.

Again, check cargurus and spec out new 19s. Sort by lowest price and you’ll see some crazy good deals. Just hope they aren’t false advertising dealers.

Sponsored

imyopusha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prermium A10, PP1, Magneride, 401A, B&O
And BTW, you sound exactly like I did. It took me about a week straight of calling and looking at window stickers (hundreds, easily. Maybe a thousand) to find those dealers.

OP
OP

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
I FOUND MY MUSTANG!!! :crackup: Yay! In final negotiations now. She's on a train at the moment. Will send photos when the car arrives. I am so fucking excited! Pardon my potty-mouth. :rockon:

OP
OP

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
DEAL is CLOSED!!! Holy hell, I own a brand-spanking-new s550! :crackup: My first new car, half way through my life. I can't even describe how I feel right now. Thank you all for the support and advice on this journey.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
DEAL is CLOSED!!! Holy hell, I own a brand-spanking-new s550! :crackup: My first new car, half way through my life. I can't even describe how I feel right now. Thank you all for the support and advice on this journey.
Pics or didn’t happened....

Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Awesome, congrats!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Consider yourself lucky it only took you less then 2 months from the moment you post your original post. It took me over 2 years to finally get mine. And believe me i searched trough whole Europe and States for it. I love my S550 but was a pain getting one. We are waiting for pics and I hope you enjoy the car.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thing is you are buying a performance car this is not a track or a DD. This is a performance car which mean whoever buy it buy it to abuse the shit out of it. For example my ride is at 7800 km / 4846 miles. It need new break pads (road racing) and new tires (donuts) and who knows what else. And I consider my car a DD and garage queen. So the best you can do to know the story of the car is to just buy it new. Also have in mind that for the price this car is a bargain which mean that Ford cut corners to make it which mean that even a new one could have issues. But luckily there is a big after market for this car. So every problem could be solved.
Eh, I bought mine used 2.5 years ago for 27k with 10k miles on it. 30k+ miles later and not a single issue

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
They built and delivered it within a 2 month window? wut
It wasn't ordered for the OP. Pretty sure it was a car some other dealer ordered whenever then the OP's dealer arranged to get. Pretty sure it wasn't ordered by the OP's dealer because that dealer would have known it was on the way and signed him up at first contact.
Sponsored