Sponsored

My First Car Was...

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I'll start!

My first car was a 1966 Impala badged 327 but had a 427 turbo jet big block stuffed under the hood (worked on it in the high school auto shop). Bought when I was just a 15 year old pup. I had a learners permit though. Used to take it out to the local drive in and race the hell out of it. Man that was fun back then.

Funny story...Years later I am in the seedy part of town with a bunch of buddies headed to a gentleman's club (titty-bar) when I spotted the car at a corner used car lot! I had kept the ignition key (they were unique looking - had the notch on the ignition key and had another key with no notch for the door). Anyway, I went over to the car and the door was open...I slid into the driver's seat, stuck the key in the ignition and it cranked right up! Two problems though, the lot was closed and they had used other cars to block the entrance to the lot so there was no way to drive it out. The second problem? Some ass took out the race motor and put a 350 crate motor in it. Even pulled off the 327 badges. I was heartbroken.

Wonder where that motor went...
Sponsored

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 honda s2000! Bought it with my own money at 17 and taught myself how to drive stick in it.

I loved that car. Ill probably get another one as a beater car eventually. Idk though, prices are climbing on them.
Price out a 66 and you would be shocked. $100K+ for a non-modern resto. Damn Cash for Clunkers...

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
my first car was a baby blue 1980 Mercury Bobcat. Stick shift 4 banger with no radio and no air.

AAB60D98-35DF-4EA8-95A9-3AF3457B42EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
My second car was a 1974 Vega with Flintstone floorboards. 4 banger!

That might have been my second car....I had one of those too but not for long....Mine was an automatic...I blew the motor...pulled the head off and found a hole through one of the pistons...1975 Vega Stationwagon with Cragers & 70's up front and 50's on the rear....I thought about dropping a small block in it but.....Sold the tires & kept the steering wheel & bucket seats

Sponsored

WilliamChrist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT (Base), 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, 1967 MG Midget
I had a 1991 Jeep Wrangler. I learned so much in that thing, I drove it from Virginia beach to west palm beach Florida with no license! Needless to say my folks were pissed, taught myself to drive and still drive a stick shift to this day thanks to that jeep. Now my old man drives it, I gave it to him about 10 years ago and he loves it to this day, one day he'll give it back.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That might have been my second car....I had one of those too but not for long....Mine was an automatic...I blew the motor...pulled the head off and found a hole through one of the pistons...1975 Vega Stationwagon with Cragers & 70's up front and 50's on the rear....I thought about dropping a small block in it but.....Sold the tires & kept the steering wheel & bucket seats
Mine was a stick, taught myself to drive it. When I first bought it (I was only 15 mind you) at my very first stoplight I rear-ended the car in front of me. Pushing in the clutch felt very much like pushing on the brake, except the car didn't stop. Bonk! It was just a tap though and the other guy was super cool about it (I think he was a car guy). No damage, no foul and off we went before the next light cycle.

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
2012 GTI, maxed out the K03 turbo was peaking boost at 21 PSI with charge pipes TOP/TDP had a full 3 inch turboback catless resonated. Drove it 80,000 miles before selling it. I definitely miss being a total sleeper lol the look on peoples faces after a race was always priceless

4C50F85D-F929-49E8-A63B-84653C5F6EC5.jpeg
Sponsored