Sponsored

My car is inspiring self confidence

demon67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Coupe / 21 GT Premium 6MT
Congrats dude! Everyone starts somewhere. Just installed my rails last weekend too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twister_Orange_5oh

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
Congrats dude! Everyone starts somewhere. Just installed my rails last weekend too.
Good stuff! I just ordered some G2 caliper paint to really make the car pop before some car meets this month. I bought purple and blue to combine into a dark purple.

It should definitely cause some conflicting opinions, but I think that's the point. Hell, everyone had an opinion about me getting the car in orange until they saw it in person. We shall see how it turns out. Here's a photoshopped image of it:

car_lowered.jpg

SLStormin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach One HP Oxford White, 2015 Golf Mk7R
Forgive the noob question, but I'm not picking up my M1 until next week so I can't look under the car:
Are there no reinforced jacking points on the pinch welds? I have a rubber disc with a groove that I use with the floor jack for lifting my 2015 Golf R when I swap the winters/summers. Do I really need jacking rails for the M1 for twice yearly wheel swaps? Thanks in advance

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Forgive the noob question, but I'm not picking up my M1 until next week so I can't look under the car:
Are there no reinforced jacking points on the pinch welds? I have a rubber disc with a groove that I use with the floor jack for lifting my 2015 Golf R when I swap the winters/summers. Do I really need jacking rails for the M1 for twice yearly wheel swaps? Thanks in advance
Itā€™s all about preference. I change my wheels 2 to 3 times a year. With the jacking rails I can just jack it from the middle and change both tires at the same time. Iā€™m also very OCB so by knowing I canā€™t damage the pinch weld I sleep well at night šŸ˜”

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
the pinch welds are fine but the jacking rails make everything 10x easier/faster.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
There are absolutely dedicated jacking points in the pinch welds. However you will need a low profile jack to fit under the car especially with the added thickness of the puck.
Jacking rails are not that expensive and allow you to jack the car from any point along the side without the trouble of having to hunt for the jacking points and be sure you are positioned exactly right.
Are they a necessity? Nope, not at all. Do they make jacking tremendously easier? They absolutely do! And are well worth the cost.
Sponsored