Sponsored

my car arrived today [updated with weight info]

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm with you 100%, the silver is incredible - but the PP wheels just totally disappear. It's like there are no wheels at all; I just can't wrap my head around it. I really want silver, but I also really want the PP. To me black is the only color that really looks right with those wheels (maybe yellow).
I personally think the black wheels look best with Yellow or Guard (which I still can't quite decide if I like or not).
Sponsored

OP
OP
cj428

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
The black wheels look much better in person . you lose depth perception with the picture. the black contrasts with the silver and makes it look brighter. I'll probably change to HREs this winter with the gunmetal finish. Going to sell or trade the car in next fall when the 350 comes out,and put the stock ones back on then.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
:paddle::lol:
:thumbsup:

I figured it out from his car collection. I could not imagine what it's like having Girls (16 no less) let alone children in todays world. My brother always say's "Happy I had Boy's"

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
:thumbsup:

I figured it out from his car collection. I could not imagine what it's like having Girls (16 no less) let alone children in todays world. My brother always say's "Happy I had Boy's"
I have a soon to be 10 yr old girl and a 12 yr old boy. It is crazy the stuff they are exposed to in this day and age at such an early age. Parenting is tough for sure.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
yes that's right that's the one that I left out. but I wouldn't think that would amount to much added weight. No rear spoiler either.
No, it wouldn't add much weight... probably a couple pounds at most. I was mainly just checking because your car didn't have the expected lower grill. Was just making sure we didn't have another grill-gate on our hands here. ;)

Sponsored

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
I am just going to trow this for comparison purposes. My Car is a 2011 Mustang GT fully loaded with brembo package and my friend's is a 2011 Saleen 302. My car is with a full tank of gas and his is with 3/4ths of gas.

[ame]

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
I'm with you 100%, the silver is incredible - but the PP wheels just totally disappear. It's like there are no wheels at all; I just can't wrap my head around it. I really want silver, but I also really want the PP. To me black is the only color that really looks right with those wheels (maybe yellow).
I'm 1000% in your court on this. Love the silver, but the wheels look like giant filled-in tires on these cars. It'd look okay on CO, RR, or YYY to tone it down a little, but can't wrap my head around the black wheels. Might lean more toward the 50 year package wheels and doing shocks on the aftermarket... hmmm...

Fantastic looking car though, silver makes the best use of the lines.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I'm 1000% in your court on this. Love the silver, but the wheels look like giant filled-in tires on these cars. It'd look okay on CO, RR, or YYY to tone it down a little, but can't wrap my head around the black wheels. Might lean more toward the 50 year package wheels and doing shocks on the aftermarket... hmmm...

Fantastic looking car though, silver makes the best use of the lines.
I may plastidip my PP wheels in their gun metal color. If I don't like it I'll just peel it off.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
I'm not a big fan of the GT Performance Package wheels for two reasons - it's not a square setup, and there are way too many spokes. I would be much more interested if it was closer to the look of the Track Pack wheels from 2014.

As for color of wheels that match best with silver cars, I'd go with gunmetal grey (same shade as the track pack wheels, or darker) or black, or even a different shade of silver. There isn't really any other choice that doesn't look riced out like a kid's honda civic.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Will track pack wheels fit on the new 550? Because that is a very, very sharp looking wheel.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
That photo is not at all representative of how it would look in real life. The camera simply does not have the dynamic range to pick up the wheels correctly because the rest of the car is so bright. I guarantee it looks MUCH better in person.

That being said, I do wish they were a gunmetal, but I've seen enough good pics of them on this site that I don't despise them anymore.

OP
OP
cj428

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
Getting ready.
20141010_124955.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
^^^Excellent!! Post up them #'s ASAP :)

Mechanic

Please post up all the info not just the chart. It's too bad you don't have an outgoing model for a baseline... or do you?