My $250 total exhaust system

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Nice I love the sound specially for the price. I did the muffler delete a month ago but I want a lil louder. So just to clarify u bought 3" x pipe or 2.5. Cuzz our stock piping is 2.5 correct? On that picture it looks 2.5 pipe.
Sponsored

Msteers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT M6
How much were the muffler deletes and how much was installation?

Msteers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT M6
Can we see a picture of the muffler delete section? Wanna get some ideas going

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Nemesys,

In your video where you use the GoPro Hero4 what were the settings that you used and how did you get the sound to be that clear in cabin. When I recorded mine from inside I had to turn the volume up quite a bit because it was very quite.

Sponsored

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I totally understand R&D from the manufacturers, but in the end its still just pipe, mufflers, & tips. I like guys stepping out and doing mods on the cheap...and dont forget with these cars in N/A form the general consensus is catbacks add no power, just better sound and some weight reduction. Swapping mufflers and throwing a universal X or H in there is basically accomplishing the same thing.

That being said the catbacks on the market are great because they are proven (sound-wise). You know what your getting and the materials are top notch, fit and finish are usually great, and its an easy bolt-on system you can do in your driveway or garage.

If money isnt a deciding factor then an engineered catback from a big name company is the way to go for sure! But if the cost is not doable, I dont see anything wrong with having a local muffler shop install mufflers, X or H, and tips for a fraction of the cost.

Bambinv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Op, so the link of your x pipe you got is the same one you used correct or we gotta get a bigger size? Any pics of the muffler delete?

airborne0416

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 COMP ORANGE GT PP
OP OP WHERE DID OP GO ? LOL

Op, so the link of your x pipe you got is the same one you used correct or we gotta get a bigger size? Any pics of the muffler delete?
Like others asked did you go with 3 inch or 2.5, I am thinking of using the magnaflow 11386 as the xpipe and that comes 2.5 inch

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I totally understand R&D from the manufacturers, but in the end its still just pipe, mufflers, & tips. I like guys stepping out and doing mods on the cheap...and dont forget with these cars in N/A form the general consensus is catbacks add no power, just better sound and some weight reduction. Swapping mufflers and throwing a universal X or H in there is basically accomplishing the same thing.

That being said the catbacks on the market are great because they are proven (sound-wise). You know what your getting and the materials are top notch, fit and finish are usually great, and its an easy bolt-on system you can do in your driveway or garage.

If money isnt a deciding factor then an engineered catback from a big name company is the way to go for sure! But if the cost is not doable, I dont see anything wrong with having a local muffler shop install mufflers, X or H, and tips for a fraction of the cost.
Agreed. I got my H-pipe made from scratch for less than $100.

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Thanks brother I will check them out ...I want to use the magnaflow 11386 resonated X-pipe ..that's at 2.5
Where the resonator clamps on measures at 2.25". After the resonator, it goes up to 2.5" from factory.

airborne0416

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 COMP ORANGE GT PP
PERFORATED%20X.jpg
Where the resonator clamps on measures at 2.25". After the resonator, it goes up to 2.5" from factory.
that's great to know ..there are plenty of reducing collars out there to fix that issue ..thanks for the info ...this is what I used on my 10 Camaro to reduce hwy drone when I ran long tubes and no cats and no mufflers..

(the item in the pic is not magnaflow it is dynomax Ultra Flo Welded X muffler)
Sponsored

Last edited: