Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There is no logical a
Your spot on, I could've had a Porsche, but I do get a great deal of satisfaction out of out performing them on the streets with a car they wouldn't consider a challenge. That's my hobbyists approach to a senseless pursuit.
Yeah, but at the end of the day, you still own a Mustang.
Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The market will dictate what your car is worth. You really do have a nice car, but has already been highlighted throughout this thread the way I see it you have two ways to get the maximum value:

- You price the car closer to what you think it is worth and be prepared to sit on it until someone comes along near you that wants a car with the exact mods you have installed and is willing to pay more. Does this buyer exist? Don't know. I have seen modded cars similar to yours sell to someone who wanted it and was willing to pay a premium over other used makes/models. I have also seen these types of cars sit until the owner lowered the price.

- The market will then dictate if this buyer exists and is willing to pay.

- At that point your other option is to put the car back to stock as much as possible and sell the mods. This method is usually the easiest method to recoup as much of your money as possible and one that I typically do and the reason why I keep all my OEM parts. I just went through this with an ND Miata. I had a tune, exhaust, coilovers, etc, etc. I installed everything myself and kept all the OEM parts. When I sold the car I put it back to stock and then sold everything and recouped 60-70% of the cost of the mods. The key is installing it yourself and not paying for a professional shop that charges $100+ an hour.

OP
OP
mustangguy88

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
There is no logical a

Yeah, but at the end of the day, you still own a Mustang.
Here is one I built for myself 15 years ago that I owned for over twenty years. It was a money pit, but for my time of ownership it averaged out pretty fair.

So in a strange way I can justify the build cost because I derived my monies worth of enjoyment.

Why though, do people by a new car invest the crazy money before payoff them sell so early. That's money wasted, unless you get a marketing benefit like a SEMA build that sell for $50,000 at Barrett Jackson, at least the initial loss is made up with customer based revenue. That's how my projects are paid for.
20161117_130124.jpg
20161117_125534.jpg
20161117_123342.jpg

OP
OP
mustangguy88

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
This isn't just about my experiences. Has anyone bought a modded car and been disappointed, or overly satisfied, or sold their car and regretted the whole process?

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
People get bored easy or perhaps are always chasing the next best thing. Or they hit financial troubles and have to dump the car quickly. Lots of reasons why people do it (mod a car and sell it quickly).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
This isn't just about my experiences. Has anyone bought a modded car and been disappointed, or overly satisfied, or sold their car and regretted the whole process?
I did a lot of modding and car building when I was young. It lost it's appeal when it got too complicated. Spending countless hours chasing down electrical and computer glitches isn't for me. But, I still have several family members who enjoy it.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My car is a daily driver. I want a little more flavor to it, but it’s not at an extreme cost for me due to it being a depreciating asset.
Sponsored