Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey all,
I have a Thermal R&D 3" catback on my car. Which is one of the BEST sounding catbacks out there. When I had stock headers it was perfect. I knew this would probably happen but after the Longtubes its on the really loud side. What are some good options to tone it down? I was looking at possibly the Magnaflow Street or the Borla Touring? Any of you guys have some good combos? I am good with somewhat loud but not a blow your face off sound.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Hey all,
I have a Thermal R&D 3" catback on my car. Which is one of the BEST sounding catbacks out there. When I had stock headers it was perfect. I knew this would probably happen but after the Longtubes its on the really loud side. What are some good options to tone it down? I was looking at possibly the Magnaflow Street or the Borla Touring? Any of you guys have some good combos? I am good with somewhat loud but not a blow your face off sound.
If you like the tone you could consider keeping your exhaust and adding a pair of Vibrant resonators to calm it down some. The 1794s are 3" in and out and 12" long. I used these back when I had Corsa Xtremes and added long tubes to kill the trumpety tone and bring volume down a but. Just an option.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Add cats back on and it quiet downs a lot more.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I’d try a couple of the resonators. They should tame just about the right amount of noise.

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt. 2019 c7 z06. 2019 rs5
I had the same issue. Originally just a roush cat back. Then I had added kooks uncatted and it was stupid loud. Then installed factory exhaust back on and too quiet. Then cut off factory mufflers and added my roush mufflers but kept factory resonator. Now it's perfect.
Sponsored