Mustang RS

Tenrten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2012 boss 302
Ever hear any rumors regarding the use of a focus RS 350 hp four-cylinder being put in the 2018, or newer mustang ? ... Great to have the regular 310 hp four-cylinder in the base car then throw in a 350 HP for the ego boost premium , I would pay the money :ford:
Sponsored

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
I thought they bumped the power up to 330...The RS motor is the same as the EB engine, just revised tuning is all I understand is the difference...

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I first heard that the 18 EB was getting 320HP and 340lb/ft of Torque, not sure if that's still true but if it is, it puts it close to Focus RS range.

That being said, I believe it's basically the same motor, the only real difference performance wise is a slightly, barely noticeably, bigger turbo but I believe it uses the same housing?.. Anyway those power levels could be easily achieved with just a tune.

What I would love to see is duel fuel, Port and DI, a much better intercooler stock.. Lol. Call it a Mustang ST or something..

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I first heard that the 18 EB was getting 320HP and 340lb/ft of Torque, not sure if that's still true but if it is, it puts it close to Focus RS range.

That being said, I believe it's basically the same motor, the only real difference performance wise is a slightly, barely noticeably, bigger turbo but I believe it uses the same housing?.. Anyway those power levels could be easily achieved with just a tune.

What I would love to see is duel fuel, Port and DI, a much better intercooler stock.. Lol. Call it a Mustang ST or something..
Here's what Ford should do:

2018 Mustang - EB option ONLY. Manual ONLY.
-Focus RS Performance Tune (375HP - 380 TQ)
-Ohlins Custom Coil Over Suspension
-Carbon Fiber Wheels from the GT350R
-Dual Plane Wing
-Recaro Seats from the GT350 - Alcantara inserts
-Aluminum body panels

Call it the 2018 Mustang SVO
:headbang:

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Here's what Ford should do:

2018 Mustang - EB option ONLY. Manual ONLY.
-Focus RS Performance Tune (375HP - 380 TQ)
-Ohlins Custom Coil Over Suspension
-Carbon Fiber Wheels from the GT350R
-Dual Plane Wing
-Recaro Seats from the GT350 - Alcantara inserts
-Aluminum body panels

Call it the 2018 Mustang SVO
:headbang:
And charge $60K

Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
And charge $60K
Not a Shelby, so ADMs won't be as bad. :lol:

Better yet, just make it a special performance package: The "SVO Performance Package"

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And charge $60K
$45,995. Only options are the tri coat paints and sound system BS. It needs to sit well below the 350 and above the GT but only slightly. IIRC a loaded GT now clips 50k...

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
$45,995. Only options are the tri coat paints and sound system BS. It needs to sit well below the 350 and above the GT but only slightly. IIRC a loaded GT now clips 50k...
-Focus RS Performance Tune (375HP - 380 TQ) - lets give this cost of $0 even though the engineer said that the RS uses a different turbo and special cylinder lining (not 100% on this part)
-Ohlins Custom Coil Over Suspension - $1500
-Carbon Fiber Wheels from the GT350R - $12.5K
-Dual Plane Wing - $1K
-Recaro Seats from the GT350 - Alcantara inserts - $1500
-Aluminum body panels- F150 design costed Ford millions if not billions to tool it properly.

Even without the cost of body panels the cost is already $45K+ if going by the base price of $30K without considering the requirements for the tune and body panels.
However, I can see something like a mach 1/svo with a RS 2.3 motor + tune + magneride + wing + recaro + special alloy wheels (forged) for about $38.5K

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
We went from a 30hp power increase to $20,000 in just wheels and suspension.. Lol..

I most definitely would not want a $50k+ ecoboost mustang..

I really think eventually they will go dual fuel with the 2.3, I believe the new 3 cylinder 1.5L is getting it, the 2.7 and 3.5's have it.. the Coyote is getting it, I don't know why Ford is lagging behind with the 2.3 EB. A dual fuel 2.3 could easily make 370hp-400hp safely without much added cost to Ford. All it needs is a better intercooler, slightly bigger turbo for better top end and less restriction on the exhaust with a more aggressive tune.. with cylinder deactivation (which the tiny 1.5L 3 cylinder Fiesta is getting) they could still maintain MPG's for EPA standards.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't ruin my fantasy....lol

But you're right, especially with the wheels. So ditch the CF and go with forged...maybe even some kind of throwback 3 spoke design, not sure how that would look but it should be euro flavored like the original SVO and the wheels should be exclusive to the package

As for the body panels. Don't be surprised if this is already in development. As you said, the tooling is already paid for. All that may be left is programming the computers to punch out the Mustang's shape. It wouldn't need to be every panel either, just enough to realize a weight savings to increase agility and performance. There is that one company that made an all-CF bodied GT350R. In the vid he stated that the panels are about double in cost to normal. So do the hood, roof, fenders, and decklid...that should save a couple hundred I'd imagine....

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
It wouldnt be called SVO because it doesnt exist any more. like SVT. they use Shelby now. so they could make a shelby ecoboost. but i doubt they would want to sell an ecoboost that would out perform the GT for less money. Most people would just get the GT if the price got too high. the 2018 base ecoboost with a performance pack is already high 30s.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
We went from a 30hp power increase to $20,000 in just wheels and suspension.. Lol..

I most definitely would not want a $50k+ ecoboost mustang..

I really think eventually they will go dual fuel with the 2.3, I believe the new 3 cylinder 1.5L is getting it, the 2.7 and 3.5's have it.. the Coyote is getting it, I don't know why Ford is lagging behind with the 2.3 EB. A dual fuel 2.3 could easily make 370hp-400hp safely without much added cost to Ford. All it needs is a better intercooler, slightly bigger turbo for better top end and less restriction on the exhaust with a more aggressive tune.. with cylinder deactivation (which the tiny 1.5L 3 cylinder Fiesta is getting) they could still maintain MPG's for EPA standards.
You answered your own question there, It would be too close in performance to the GT.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The difference between the Focus RS and the Ecoboost Mustang is that stupid "overboost" function. Instead, they should have just added more power. What a waste.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wouldnt be called SVO because it doesnt exist any more. like SVT. they use Shelby now. so they could make a shelby ecoboost. but i doubt they would want to sell an ecoboost that would out perform the GT for less money. Most people would just get the GT if the price got too high. the 2018 base ecoboost with a performance pack is already high 30s.
Any name can be brought back...Boss, Mach 1...etc. SVO doesn't have to exist, for Ford to use the letters.

Let's not forget the new SHO has nothing to do with Yamaha, for example...Even though that engine is what defined it through 3 generations.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
SVO wasnt a name it was a team. like SVT. the team isnt around.. I mean they could assemble a team and just call it SVO (Special Vehicle Operations) but i dont see that happening.

NVM that one was called just an mustang SVO. but thats beside my main point, theyre not going to compete with the GT
Sponsored