Sponsored

Mustang Migration to Oz

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
Looks like all cars assigned to Parsifal got on. Pulling Tijuca numbers now.

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tijuca added
MustangFileat04042017.jpg

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
Hi Tango, did you get your car yet? i was on Tonsberg and due to pick mine up on Thursday

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Tango, did you get your car yet? i was on Tonsberg and due to pick mine up on Thursday
Got mine! Had it since Saturday and put 700km on now.

Got a smile on my dial constantly :cheers:

Sponsored

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! That's quick! Off the boat and pick up in under a week!

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
Wow! That's quick! Off the boat and pick up in under a week!
yeah its very fast but all depends on CEVA delivering vehicle today as scheduled, they picked it up from the docks and moved it to ceva holding yard on Monday so it cleared customs rather fast.

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Does it really take more than a week to get from the boat to the dealer and ready for delivery?

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Does it really take more than a week to get from the boat to the dealer and ready for delivery?
Maybe - maybe not. Tarago docks in Newcastle 21/22 April. I am being quoted a 1 May delivery to me by the dealer. So if you think about it a day to unload at the port, a day (or more) to load and transport to your dealership and then the balance of that time doing whatever it is that the dealer needs to do with the car. And this all assumes that the ship is not delayed, disembarkation and transport goes smoothly and that at the end of the line the dealership gets a car that all they need to do is apply a high pressure hose to. Frankly I am surprised that the handover date is so close to arrival in Port Kembla. If it's the following friday (5 May) I wouldn't be surprised. I suppose that if you are taking delivery in a city where the ship docks and delivery to the dealer is almost 'off the boat' then maybe the timeline is shorter. But I wouldn't count on it.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Lots of variables as mentioned. Unloading and distribution to a local dealer shouldn't take long. If it needs to go to a regional dealer than there'll be further delays. Then if that dealer turns over a lot of cars then who knows how long it might wait for pre delivery.

I'm also on the Tarago so supposed to dock 21st. I haven't been given a delivery date as yet but given the 21st is a Fri I'm not sure how much CEVA will work over the weekend. I know the depot on the corner is pretty dead on weekends. Then Tues is ANZAC Day so I'm really not expecting it to get to the dealer until after that.

I've given instructions for the car not to be washed or detailed in any way inside or out as well as not mount plates etc which pretty much eliminates the entire pre delivery process (there's other stuff they're supposed to do but few dealerships actually do any of it so it may be ready for me to inspect late that week but I fully expect to reject it initially and it'll then need to be booked in for panel alignment fixes etc which could easily add another week to the wait.

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Lots of variables as mentioned. Unloading and distribution to a local dealer shouldn't take long. If it needs to go to a regional dealer than there'll be further delays. Then if that dealer turns over a lot of cars then who knows how long it might wait for pre delivery.

I'm also on the Tarago so supposed to dock 21st. I haven't been given a delivery date as yet but given the 21st is a Fri I'm not sure how much CEVA will work over the weekend. I know the depot on the corner is pretty dead on weekends. Then Tues is ANZAC Day so I'm really not expecting it to get to the dealer until after that.

I've given instructions for the car not to be washed or detailed in any way inside or out as well as not mount plates etc which pretty much eliminates the entire pre delivery process (there's other stuff they're supposed to do but few dealerships actually do any of it so it may be ready for me to inspect late that week but I fully expect to reject it initially and it'll then need to be booked in for panel alignment fixes etc which could easily add another week to the wait.
Agree with everything you've said. I am getting them to fit the oil catch can for me and fit the Lakin plates and that's it. No wash (inside or out) will detail it myself. But yes it's the great unknown about things like damage, defects on arrival etc. If I see it before 5 May I will think myself lucky.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
It can do, was a few weeks for mine because of customs etc then another week for the dealer to move it from their holding yard to the dealer lot for delivery.

Really depends on the volume of vehicles coming in etc.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe - maybe not. Tarago docks in Newcastle 21/22 April. I am being quoted a 1 May delivery to me by the dealer. So if you think about it a day to unload at the port, a day (or more) to load and transport to your dealership and then the balance of that time doing whatever it is that the dealer needs to do with the car. And this all assumes that the ship is not delayed, disembarkation and transport goes smoothly and that at the end of the line the dealership gets a car that all they need to do is apply a high pressure hose to. Frankly I am surprised that the handover date is so close to arrival in Port Kembla. If it's the following friday (5 May) I wouldn't be surprised. I suppose that if you are taking delivery in a city where the ship docks and delivery to the dealer is almost 'off the boat' then maybe the timeline is shorter. But I wouldn't count on it.
I'm on the same boat. My dealer is doing my tints, front parking sensors and stripes. They have told me that that should delay delivery by a few days, as all is done at the dealer.

But I was told to expect perhaps the 6th May pickup.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I'm on the same boat. My dealer is doing my tints, front parking sensors and stripes. They have told me that that should delay delivery by a few days, as all is done at the dealer.

But I was told to expect perhaps the 6th May pickup.
So that's interesting - your car must be being off loaded at Port Kembla as is mine. I think your timeframe is more realistic than the one I was quoted. I think the 1 May timeframe has more to do with the dealer's wishful thinking (and execution of final payment as early as possible....) than an actual delivery date. So I would agree with you that 6 May (Saturday) is a 'good' prospective date. Give me something to play with on the weekend :)

Mary55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Auto Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Got mine! Had it since Saturday and put 700km on now.

Got a smile on my dial constantly :cheers:

Congrats on getting your car :) , I need to ask how did you put 700 Km on in a week :shrug:. its well done and sounds like something I will do when i finally get mine . :cheers::thumbsup:
Sponsored