TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
Funny. They mention the ecoboost once, but then nothing else.

coupe3w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang FB, 2021 Mach 1, HP, Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
412 HP? Is it lower in Europe?

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yep. Lower horsepower, probably to meet emissions laws in certain european countries. Great thing about that is that its just a remap away!

Sponsored

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Also did you guys notice that the GT Mustangs they had in Europe did not have vents in the hood, or the gauges in the middle of the dashboard where the three events are but they had to toggle switches.
Ron:shrug:

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Yep. Lower horsepower, probably to meet emissions laws in certain european countries. Great thing about that is that its just a remap away!
I don't think the HP is really less than in the USA, I believe and I could be wrong it's the way they rate horsepower over there
Ron

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't think the HP is really less than in the USA, I believe and I could be wrong it's the way they rate horsepower over there
Ron

din

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This has been discussed at length on other posts and forums.

If it was a difference in how it is measured, you would see the equivalent percentage difference between the US and EU ecoboost as well, but you don't. The GT has significantly lower rating. And if you notice the emission out put it is exactly 299. Not a coincidence i think.

Sponsored

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
I noticed they have much bigger mirrors in Europe which is cool. Interesting if it is possible to put european mirrors to US spec cars to keep blind spot detection function? However blind spot feature is not necessary useful for European cars, because most of the mirrors are spherical (which is a shame, that US doesn't have them on any of the cars). I did put European mirrors on my X5 and am super happy. Much wider angle. I can see the car in the mirror and in the same time by from the window.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Also did you guys notice that the GT Mustangs they had in Europe did not have vents in the hood, or the gauges in the middle of the dashboard where the three events are but they had to toggle switches.
Ron:shrug:
Yes, we did notice! :) ..... they're not the only things missing in Europe either. No strut brace, extra gauges, the OTT stripes kind of fade out at the front and rear (?!) and in the UK no Recaros ..... they're not standard and not even on the options list. Shame because all those things look SO cool :rant:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed they have much bigger mirrors in Europe which is cool. Interesting if it is possible to put european mirrors to US spec cars to keep blind spot detection function? However blind spot feature is not necessary useful for European cars, because most of the mirrors are spherical (which is a shame, that US doesn't have them on any of the cars). I did put European mirrors on my X5 and am super happy. Much wider angle. I can see the car in the mirror and in the same time by from the window.
Another interesting feature is the fact they are foldable...very usefull in our small parking spots. On the other hand we would love to have blis as an option, even with spherical glass. Suppose swapping would be an option for US cars but no idea if the connectics for folding is present...

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice but it's a pitty at the end the CEO of Ford EMEA talks about a fastback while the 66 is a coupe...not really the same lines. But we forgive him, after all there were never officially sold overhere on the exception of the T5...

paul1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did you guys also notice the yellow mustang had the LE chrome trim around the windows? Also looks like it had the lighted scuff plates. Wonder if you can order that chrome trim?
Sponsored