Mustang is gone...

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Thanks. I already own a Challenger ScatPac and love everything about the car. The Hellcat I'm working on is a Charger.

Honestly, I'd prefer a 2017 GT350, but dealers have gone full retard on adm and I didn't manage to accumulate the $$$ I have by handing it over to car dealers.

In 2003 I wanted a Mach1 and the dealers around here were asking $4000 to $5000 over sticker. I waited till 2004 and got one for under invoice.

There's a local dealer that has a 2016 Tech Pack and they are willing to take $2500 over sticker for the car. I just don't think I want to chance the lack of trans and diff coolers, nor fool around with retrofits.
If it was a 2017 it'd be a no brainer.
I hear ya, I like the gt 350 but adm is crazy here and I refuse to pay it. Can't get a Hellcat here for invoice but I don't mind paying msrp for it. I traded in as well so it was only $21k otd. Very manageable. It's so much fun and the color is obnoxious which fits me.

The chargers are harder to find my dealer actually has one and 3 other challengers lol.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Might as well wait and see what GM does with the Camaro ZL1. Should be out here pretty soon. You'd hate to get the Hellcat and then find the ZL1 smokes it. :D
I'm not sure about other people but while the Hellcats are fast I don't think anyone buys them thinking they are top dog when compared to others like the zl1. It's a big ass car with tons of interior space where you can cruse with the family and take to the drag strip. The thing wears 275's and weighs 4500lbs no one expects them to turn haha. It's just a toy that's fast and somewhat practical, the zl1 is a race car. I would bet in the 1/4 the zl1 ties or just slightly edges out the Hellcat by a tenth or two. We know what the corvette does and gm will not let a Camara go faster than a vette

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
+1 Agree.

When in the market for a car..for me, it was between the Mustang GT and the Camaro SS.
I was intrigued by the 2016 Camaro SS on paper.
Historically, I've been a Mustang fan...but reading the Camaro SS articles, I thought...."Wow, I'll have an open mind and go test drive one."
After driving the Camaro, I went and drove an S550 Mustang GT.
Afterwords, I thought to myself, "What was I thinking?? The Mustang is (in my opinion) a much better choice. I'm a Mustang guy...There is a special magic or intangible that is unique to the Mustang. One of the reasons it's been in CONTINOUS production for 52 years now.
Exactamundo.

But I'm very happy the SS and the Challenger Scat pack stepped up their game, competition means everything gets better.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Except me I guess. As I mentioned in an earlier post, windshield rake angle is my primary complaint.
If the convertible buffets, that's really irritating. I have had convertibles along the way and really enjoyed them when I could drive them top down. Otherwise I prefer the coupe. If top down isn't any fun, there's not much point. I do notice a lot of buffeting with one window down in my fastback. That has not been a problem in my older Foxes, SN95s and New Edge. I can cure it (mostly) by cracking the other window, but I don't like it. Lots of times I don't want the cross-draft of two windows open.

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
I traded in my 15 Mustang for a Challenger Scat Pack. First performance car I've owned that wasn't a Mustang. I enjoy my Scat Pack much more than I did with my 15 Mustang. Next up may be a Hellcat since I'm finding them at invoice all over the place.
So, why are you still here?

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Last I checked, you didn't need to own a Mustang to visit a forum. :headbonk:
I'm confused too. It sounds like you didn't even like your Mustang.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
It was okay but doesn't hold a candle to my Scat Pack. The new style of these Mustangs is definitely lacking as is the performance compared to the Dodge lineup.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
It was okay but doesn't hold a candle to my Scat Pack. The new style of these Mustangs is definitely lacking as is the performance compared to the Dodge lineup.
Style is very subjective. Most people would disagree with you that the S550 is "definitely lacking" in style, given that the 6th gen brought a lot of new owners into the Mustang world who previously had no interest in the Mustang. I'm one of them, and I think this is the best looking Mustang yet. Never cared for them before.

On the other hand, Challengers have had the same look for years and most people are bored with it. Retro was cool for a little while but the look has been stale for a long time. Chrysler has had that problem for ages though--most of their vehicles look boring because they never change the style. Ford wised up and changed the formula however, and they're on top because of it.

But again, why are you still here? Anyone can post on this forum but it sounds like you just want to troll the Mustang and talk about how much more you like your new car. I don't understand people who do that.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
*Except when you have to turn the wheel.

As for styling... Ughh... Lol.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Style is very subjective. Most people would disagree with you that the S550 is "definitely lacking" in style, given that the 6th gen brought a lot of new owners into the Mustang world who previously had no interest in the Mustang. I'm one of them, and I think this is the best looking Mustang yet. Never cared for them before.

On the other hand, Challengers have had the same look for years and most people are bored with it. Retro was cool for a little while but the look has been stale for a long time. Chrysler has had that problem for ages though--most of their vehicles look boring because they never change the style. Ford wised up and changed the formula however, and they're on top because of it.

But again, why are you still here? Anyone can post on this forum but it sounds like you just want to troll the Mustang and talk about how much more you like your new car. I don't understand people who do that.
So why answer him? he has to big up his car now, cause inside he regrets selling the Stang so has to tell the world "he is over the moon he sold the Stang"
He is trying to brainwash himself, by saying it out loud. I bet he has wet dreams over the Stang, and wakes up in a cold sweat shouting NNNOOOOOO

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Last I checked, you didn't need to own a Mustang to visit a forum. :headbonk:
Last I checked, you didn't need to own a Challenger as an excuse to lose forum etiquette. :doh:

Listen, I was nice and gave you the benefit of the doubt that your sudden brand change wouldn't turn you into a troll.

Looks like you're attempting to prove me wrong.

He's likely flip flopping, as I'm sure his first posts on this forum when he bought the car didn't reflect these sudden "criticisms".

Style is very subjective ... it sounds like you just want to troll the Mustang and talk about how much more you like your new car. I don't understand people who do that.
Yup.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt

i had zero interest in a mustang ever, except when i was 17 and wanted a notch. the 6th gen sold me big time, absolutely beautiful car. my buddy had a scat charger, car was enormous, but like you said looks old and dated. hes here to pump his chest on his new car. never understood why guys can't just leave forums and not bad mouth the car they previously owned.

ravengenesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rai
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
I chose the S550 Mustang over the 5th gen, and the new 6g Camaro. The Dodge looked like they fired their design studio and dug up old papers to make the old new again. Sure it's got all the numbers on papers to look good. But when you see someone driving in a shoe, it really just feel bad.

The sales person was trying to show off his new on the lot R/T Charger when I got my speed3 back in 2010. I never imagined they'll still the same thing now in 2016. Same response to the 2016 Camaro. It was the new Ford look that really drove in the WOW factor.
Sponsored