The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Brave... Then again, the Kuga i drove was pulling the same MPG as the Ecobeast... Actually; why haven't they entered the ecoboost as well i wonder...

OP
OP
markleigh

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
Maybe the GT is more of a challenge - and the apparent folly of this exercise is a headline grabber?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the GT is more of a challenge - and the apparent folly of this exercise is a headline grabber?
Yeah i was somewhat thinking the same, play the "its a gas guzzler card" and it's win win, itll do over 30mpg, and when it does thatll also make headlines.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
On the way down to Italy, I hit 40.3 mpg, I was going downhill, no throttle on in 6th.

They just need a big long hill, then it'll win :lol:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
On the way down to Italy, I hit 40.3 mpg, I was going downhill, no throttle on in 6th.

They just need a big long hill, then it'll win :lol:
Yeah but if the other competitors also go down hill....

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went all the way to Edinburgh, drove around Edinburgh traffic for two days with a mate in the passenger seat the entire time, and drove all the way home on 3/4 tank of fuel. It got 300 miles out of that tank! Not bad for city traffic and lots of hills along the A1. Its not the car but how you drive it :thumbsup:

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Agreed, on my own on a decent drive I can see over 30 or around 22 around town stop starts and short journeys..

Once the wife's home we'll be driving to Carnoustie (Scotland) and I look forward to running an entire tank through it without stopping. I've drive from Southampton to Gretna in a 318d and managed the whole trip in one continuous drive. I don't expect the GT to get that far on a tank but I'm going to give it a go. Think it took just under 6 hours as we hit traffic in Birmingham.

On a clear road and burning the entire tank I'm hopeful for decent 35's.... maybe.

When I took a mate out the other day we soon reduced it to 16 but I was driving like a cock... linelock is also a great feature.

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
I went to Cornwall last weekend, did 750 miles, at an average of 29.0. the journey down was at just over 30, and i did 350 miles before i filled it up (with 15 miles left according to the computer). The motorway was quite busy. i wasnt trying to get good economy, thats just what you get for mile after mile sitting on the motorway

The test the Mustang is being entered for is comparing the real world with the EU figures. I am sure that is why they have picked the soft top, which is slightly worse than the coupe (according to the EU), but probably the same in the real world.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Regular trips to and from Gaydon, 317 miles each way, sees me getting 350+ to a tank. This is all M way but at pace, 70ish, even including the nightmare that is the M42! Oh and all the way in Sport+!!

I reckon you could get 400+ if you were frugal, no probs.

Better than both my previous 370Z's and by far outshines my RX8 (that was dreadful, (16 - 22 max)

Sponsored

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Has any auto GT owner tested the difference in mpg between Drive and Sport mode? Just how costly are those lovely blips?

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
I'm really interested to see what they get out of the car.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
So if we see trucks overtaking a 2015 Mustang rag top on the motorway, as it painfully plods along at around 55mph, we know why!

I achieved 32mpg going to Bedford and back last week, measured by topping the tank up (trip computer said 35.4. Was a good journey with no traffic (yes, including the M25). Sat at around 68 but let it speed up going down hills and dropped to around 65 going up.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
On my EB auto, I have found that if I use the cruise control it can be pretty economical, but on country roads, etc., where you are on & off the throttle a lot, when the turbo kicks in the then it does use a lot of "go juice".

On mixed driving I get around 28 to 30mpg; more spirited or town driving has seen that drop to as low as 22. Long distance cruising will do well over 30...

If I set the cruise control to 56 and trundle along, it will do over 40. But life is too short for that!
Sponsored