Sponsored

Mustang Buying Basics + COTUS Guide

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
Good job brother

How did you manage the priority code 9? As far as I know, when one places a custom order, it is placed a priority order of 10. I would like to know how I can get a 9 priority myself lol.
No idea- I guess the dealer hooked me up! Apparently it can only be done by a regional manager so maybe the dealer is buddies with them. I went through a tiny dealer in the middle of nowhere.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Good job brother

How did you manage the priority code 9? As far as I know, when one places a custom order, it is placed a priority order of 10. I would like to know how I can get a 9 priority myself lol.
Priority codes can be set within a certain range by a dealer when an order is placed. Lower ranges can be set by Ford regional managers at a dealer's request.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Priority codes can be set within a certain range by a dealer when an order is placed. Lower ranges can be set by Ford regional managers at a dealer's request.
is there a way to change the priority code after the fact? I spoke with my sales manager today and he said he would look into it. I just wish to know if there is a way that he could speak to the regional manager and try to give my vehicle a lower code. Mine already has the code 10 but I still have not received any updates on build yet. I ordered on 19 june 2020. My sales manager has confirmed that there has been no activity on the vehicle as of today.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
is there a way to change the priority code after the fact?
I don't know. I've seen a a replacement order (where something happened to the original order) get assigned a high enough priority to beat the original order date, but I don't recall ever seeing a priority get changed after the fact. Doesn't mean it can't, just that I haven't seen it on the forum.

Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Most dealer's don't give you a DORA unless you ask for it. And even then I'm sure a lot of the salesmen don't even know what that is.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
OK, I just went through he DORA thing with my dealer Granger Motors and they don't use DORA anymore. A lot of this thread is obsolete and in need of updating.

This is what they said: "The DORA is a system that we don't use hardly anymore, we use the Web Based Dealer Ordering system to put orders in."

He sent me a screen shot of my WBDO order and it had all the info you need. It has the Dealer code, Order code and priority code. He told me until they issue a VIN there isn't a lot more to see.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
OK, I just went through he DORA thing with my dealer Granger Motors and they don't use DORA anymore. A lot of this thread is obsolete and in need of updating.

This is what they said: "The DORA is a system that we don't use hardly anymore, we use the Web Based Dealer Ordering system to put orders in."

He sent me a screen shot of my WBDO order and it had all the info you need. It has the Dealer code, Order code and priority code. He told me until they issue a VIN there isn't a lot more to see.
I have been posting and documenting my recent car ordering experience at the link below. Feel free to use it if helpful:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2022-order-questions.169614/post-3450954

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
They may not use it anymore, but the DORA isn't a system. It's an acknowledgement from Ford telling the dealer they received the order and lets the dealer verify the order is correct.

Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement
Sponsored