Sponsored

Mustang B & O Skar-ified full speaker swap spoilers (not a waste of $)

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
The coaxial 6.5 speakers were installed in the deck . And plugged in directly to the oem locations.
Tell me more about the rear deck speaker upgrade? I recently installed a JL sub-woofer and noticed that the B&O rear deck speakers sound like they've got a blanket over them. Did your upgrade bring them to life or are those channels limited by the amp and frequency cut-offs? I think that the B&O is balanced for bass frequencies in the rear and mids/highs up front and I don't want to waste time upgrading speakers if the amp is the problem. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Tell me more about the rear deck speaker upgrade? I recently installed a JL sub-woofer and noticed that the B&O rear deck speakers sound like they've got a blanket over them. Did your upgrade bring them to life or are those channels limited by the amp and frequency cut-offs? I think that the B&O is balanced for bass frequencies in the rear and mids/highs up front and I don't want to waste time upgrading speakers if the amp is the problem. Thanks!
The deck speakers on my car were blown on one side. And my sub woofer is powered by the oem amp. If you already replaced the deck speakers and did nothing else and feel a loss of volume check polarity at the speakers. If your out of phase the will cancel each other out soundwise. The rear panel carpet doesn't help much either eventually plan on putting the grills and cutting clean holes for the sound to come out more.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
The deck speakers on my car were blown on one side. And my sub woofer is powered by the oem amp. If you already replaced the deck speakers and did nothing else and feel a loss of volume check polarity at the speakers. If your out of phase the will cancel each other out soundwise. The rear panel carpet doesn't help much either eventually plan on putting the grills and cutting clean holes for the sound to come out more.
Got ya. My deck speakers are original and have no problems. I very well may have got the replacement sub (driven by the stock amp) out of phase, which would explain things. I'll check it out before replacing them. I also like your idea of cutting the deck material and installing grilles. Thanks!

OP
OP
9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I would strongly recommend replacing them they are the weakest speakers in the car. And with the exception on the panel removal and the 7mm screws closest to the glass are not that difficult

Sponsored

OP
OP
9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Did you fill that sub enclosure with pillow stuffing?
Not yet. Was thinking of doing a spray liner first. I did see around that i should. Ive been at this install for a few weeks. A pair a speakers at a time. I just compiled everything now .

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
My 2011 GT500 with the Shaker 500 system. Blows away the B&O surround sound monstrosity that's was in my 2019 S550. Surround sound is not a step foreword in auto audio IMO. If you spend a lot of time wondering if it sounds right? It doesn't.

Sponsored
OP
OP
9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Cant really Speak to any other mustang sound systems. My last other ponies were all foxes. 2 were short lived, and the one that I actually got to put a system in had a pioneer head unit, six clarion speakers and two mtx jackhammer 10s in the back.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
They have very little power and they are choked off by the rear deck cover. Replacing them alone won’t help much, you’ll want to drive them with more power than stock and do something to clear the path for the sound to travel. Here’s what I did.
IMG_9372.jpeg

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
So you didn't add any amps? Definitely doubles the budget and added complexity, but depends on what you're after. I did a complete speaker replacement and dual 12s. If you decide to go further, check out a few of the posts that explain the OEM integration and wire harness adapter that allow you to keep the head deck and use the OEM wiring.

...and you're never finished! I need to install vent ports on the rear deck to help with sub airflow into the cabin and baffles for the rear deck speakers to help with muddy sound during heavy bass. Then I'd like to replace the passenger-side trunk trim from a non-sub car. Finally, a vanity plexiglass cover for the amp rack instead of the trunk carpet for some bling.

1WILDHORSE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geers
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F350, 2023 Mach 1
They have very little power and they are choked off by the rear deck cover. Replacing them alone won’t help much, you’ll want to drive them with more power than stock and do something to clear the path for the sound to travel. Here’s what I did.
IMG_9372.jpeg
This looks great! Will you explain what you did here and how? Very clean

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
This looks great! Will you explain what you did here and how? Very clean
The underside of the panel is a rigid fiberboard that already has the holes cut out. The carpet attached to the top doesn’t. The holes are 5/16” diameter so I took a 5/16 leather punch and a hammer and removed the carpeting from the holes over the speaker. There are more areas you can punch out but these were uniform over the speaker so I only removed the carpeting from those specifics holes.
Sponsored