Sponsored

Muffler Deletes

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So a while back I deleted the mufflers on my GT and left the res and cats. It sounds better than the Borla catback I took off my last 5.0. I have always hear the old "backpressure" argument but im wondering if there has been any HP or torque gain/loss numbers with a muffler delete on a newer 5.0. The resonator would create most of the backpressure I would assume? Also this isn't another thread about "should I do muffler deletes" I already did it. Just wondering if theres any negatives to it because it sounds as good as any catback on these cars.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So did you weld on some extensions/tips, or is there just no visible exhaust from the rear?

Any video?

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So did you weld on some extensions/tips, or is there just no visible exhaust from the rear?

Any video?

basically cut right behind the mufflers and welded in pipe the exact length, then welded on some new tips. The tips come out the back the same as the tips on the muffler did. I can get some vids for you guys. It really does sound great.

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I did similar, but went with the Pypes axle backs which for all intents is basically a muffler delete; supposedly they eliminate some decel popping, dunno, but the sound is great!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I did similar, but went with the Pypes axle backs which for all intents is basically a muffler delete; supposedly they eliminate some decel popping, dunno, but the sound is great!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The Decel popping is the cool part!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
[MENTION=17622]chadmclark[/MENTION] & [MENTION=16395]50hhh[/MENTION], on a loudness scale of 1 to 5, 1 = stock, 5 = no exhaust system at all, where would you rate your muffler delete?

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
[MENTION=17622]chadmclark[/MENTION] & [MENTION=18650]MaskedRacerX[/MENTION], on a loudness scale of 1 to 5, 1 = stock, 5 = no exhaust system at all, where would you rate your muffler delete?
I wasn't a deleter :D I'm a want-to-hear-it-er :)

I can say, I ran around for a couple of days when I put LPE LTs on my '95, without the rest of the exhaust.

Yes, the hearing loss is permanent :lol:

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
@chadmclark & @50hhh, on a loudness scale of 1 to 5, 1 = stock, 5 = no exhaust system at all, where would you rate your muffler delete?
[MENTION=16078]GTP[/MENTION] Its nothing like deleting the mufflers on an older mustang or any other car. If you leave the resonator you get a really nice tone, with NO drone, I swear. Its probably a 3 on a 1-5 scale, I would compare it to the flowmaster outlaws or Borla attaks(had on my 2011 5.0) the whole thing cost me 100$. You get a race tone that isn't there on a lot of normal muffler type systems. Both of these are muffler deletes.

[ame]

[ame]

Sponsored

RRS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT A6
I agree with scaling it at a 3. I deleted my mufflers the day after I got mine then a few months later I added an x. Just super loud on a cold crank but other than that I love it. On a loud scale of 1 to 5 now I would say its a 7-8!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
My current plan is axleback only, so as to keep the resonator. That should insure no drone. I test drove a Roush car last week, and I would put it at 3 on my scale.

I think I am really looking for a 2, but I don't want to spend $900 for it. I may just keep watching for those that are selling their Borla or Roush or Corsa AB system. That way I am not out too much money just for an acoustic experiment.

Another idea is to delete only ONE of the stock mufflers, lol.

Thanks for the videos.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have an h-pipe and Pype's muffler deletes (yeah @chadmclark !) and she is loud lol. Cold starts in my neighborhood and cruising down my street in 3rd @ 1,100~ RPM isn't fun, but other than that she sounds quite aggressive.

ForeverMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang GT
basically cut right behind the mufflers and welded in pipe the exact length, then welded on some new tips. The tips come out the back the same as the tips on the muffler did. I can get some vids for you guys. It really does sound great.
I've been curious how this would sound on a Mustang. I drove a 2010 Camaro SS with a similar set up and it sounded great but the most surprising part was the lack of drone and decent sound quality. I wondered if leaving the resonator in would make it relatively refined considering the lack of mufflers.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I think it would.

But of course I need to be mindful of warranty. Ford could claim any engine problem due to "less back pressure" from the muffler delete. And it would be a pain to try to restore the system back to something resembling the OEM setup.

As for deleting one muffler, that would have a back pressure imbalance between two sets of cylinders, LOL.

Surely it is safer to stick with the Borla, or Roush AB systems, or else a full catback could be restored to OEM if one was having a really bad day.
Sponsored