Muffler Delete video

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So I finally had some time to conduct my "experiment" today. This is what muffler deletes sound like for the 2015 V6. Drone is definitely present so I think some resonated tips or a straight through muffler like the race bullets are needed to tune the sound and remove some of the drone. This thing is quiet at idle though... Almost to quiet...

Idle and rev:

[ame]

Drone video:

[ame]

Pics of my setup (so far) with some 90 degree bends and band clamps. Now all I need to decide on is resonated tips or mufflers... Then I can complete my exhaust. As you can see in the last pic the OEM mufflers are back on for the time being.
IMG_0487.jpg
IMG_0488.jpg
IMG_0489.jpg
IMG_0490.jpg
IMG_0491.jpg
Sponsored

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
Awesome, I'm going to do the same real soon. I'm anxious to see what you're going to put to complete your exhaust. Cherry bomb style resonator or magnaflow type muffler? It really sounds quiet even without a muffler at all. Would you remove the suitcase for more sound or would that be too much?

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
It would be interesting to see what happens to the drone if the pipe exit at the usual spot (without mufflers still) outside the car instead of in the middle of what is basically a fairly enclosed chamber.

All the walls around the exit of the exhaust give a lot of reflection of the sound and at some frequency / frequencies that is going to resonate / drone.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, I'm going to do the same real soon. I'm anxious to see what you're going to put to complete your exhaust. Cherry bomb style resonator or magnaflow type muffler? It really sounds quiet even without a muffler at all. Would you remove the suitcase for more sound or would that be too much?
Well I just placed an order for some dynomax 12 inch race bullets. Basically they are a glasspack style resonator. I am then finishing it off with 3.5 inch conical walled slant cut exhaust tips. Your right about it sounding quiet though... Removing the suitcase would be an option to make it louder and I think at that point it would sound like the 2014 with a muffler delete. That suitcase is what is giving our V6's that unique rumble sound that isn't really present on the 11-14's.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
It would be interesting to see what happens to the drone if the pipe exit at the usual spot (without mufflers still) outside the car instead of in the middle of what is basically a fairly enclosed chamber.

All the walls around the exit of the exhaust give a lot of reflection of the sound and at some frequency / frequencies that is going to resonate / drone.
I thought about this as well and tested it out.... Forgot to get a video... But what I can say is that it did help alittle but there was still a sizable amount of drone present. I think it would have been passible for most though.

Sponsored

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
I thought about this as well and tested it out.... Forgot to get a video... But what I can say is that it did help alittle but there was still a sizable amount of drone present. I think it would have been passible for most though.
Cool! Yeh the theory in my head is that it should have worked pretty well but the reality with these things is generally as you found lol!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
What is the "suitcase" you guys are talking about?
The suitcase is that gigantic rectangular resonator in the center of all 2015 exhaust systems. This resonator also acts as a combination of a x and an h pipe crossover. This is what gives our V6's their unique exhaust "rumble" if you will that is not present on the 11-14's.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
So I finally had some time to conduct my "experiment" today. This is what muffler deletes sound like for the 2015 V6. Drone is definitely present so I think some resonated tips or a straight through muffler like the race bullets are needed to tune the sound and remove some of the drone. This thing is quiet at idle though... Almost to quiet...

Idle and rev:

Drone video:

Pics of my setup (so far) with some 90 degree bends and band clamps. Now all I need to decide on is resonated tips or mufflers... Then I can complete my exhaust. As you can see in the last pic the OEM mufflers are back on for the time being.
:hail:

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
The suitcase is that gigantic rectangular resonator in the center of all 2015 exhaust systems. This resonator also acts as a combination of a x and an h pipe crossover. This is what gives our V6's their unique exhaust "rumble" if you will that is not present on the 11-14's.
Thanks.

Sponsored

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
I just got home from the exhaust shop. I did the same setup as you Zack. I started with removing the factory mufflers. It's not loud at idle or when you're driving at a constant speed like 60 or 70. If you really gun it and crank up those rpms past 4000 there really is too much popping. I then tried adding magnaflow resonators where the factory mufflers used to be. I still found the noise too loud at higher rpms when really pushing it and the grubble grubble during rpm drop was too much for me. It's my daily driver and I thought the drone on the highway was a bit annoying. I finally added magnaflow mufflers to replace the factory mufflers, added some magnaflow tips and voila! The sound is perfect. Much deeper sounding then stock, almost silent at idle, nice rumble through the rpm range, and best of all no drone on the highway. I'll TRY and post a video tomorrow.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I just got home from the exhaust shop. I did the same setup as you Zack. I started with removing the factory mufflers. It's not loud at idle or when you're driving at a constant speed like 60 or 70. If you really gun it and crank up those rpms past 4000 there really is too much popping. I then tried adding magnaflow resonators where the factory mufflers used to be. I still found the noise too loud at higher rpms when really pushing it and the grubble grubble during rpm drop was too much for me. It's my daily driver and I thought the drone on the highway was a bit annoying. I finally added magnaflow mufflers to replace the factory mufflers, added some magnaflow tips and voila! The sound is perfect. Much deeper sounding then stock, almost silent at idle, nice rumble through the rpm range, and best of all no drone on the highway. I'll TRY and post a video tomorrow.
Please do post that video!

What you described though is exactly what I am worried about.... I want it to have a audible idle sound but I fear that it would either be that or removing drone and you can only have one. To remove all the drone would lower the volume level to much to have a good idle volume like what I am looking for... Hopefully these race bullets are a happy medium. I have been trying to copy the Flowmaster outlaw setup as best as I could so we shall see how my setup turns out.

PS: Didn't go with outlaw mufflers because they are expensive compared to the race bullets.
Sponsored