GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone running one of these, how loud are they ?
Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Given how loud Roush axlebacks are I would imagine having no silencers at all would be horrendous.

It certainly is on Shep's car although he has longtube headers & no cats and that thing is loud on a Saturn 5 rocket-level of noise! :cwl:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Is anyone running one of these, how loud are they ?
loud as you like + some people complain that it goes very raspy once you open the trottle wide and the cam profile changes at low rpm it sounds amazing all poppy and properly american v8 style but once you break 3.5k rpm its an out and out nascar sound then especially coupled with manifolds/full straight through and a massive X pipe.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Given how loud Roush axlebacks are I would imagine having no silencers at all would be horrendous.

It certainly is on Shep's car although he has longtube headers & no cats and that thing is loud on a Saturn 5 rocket-level of noise! :cwl:
to be precise, the RAB makes 105db on left and right banks at 4k rpm static.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've got Kooks headers with high flow cats and a straight through exhaust. Was wondering if I could go muffler free if I installed active exhaust valves

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I've got Kooks headers with high flow cats and a straight through exhaust. Was wondering if I could go muffler free if I installed active exhaust valves
if you're straight through exhaust then you shouldn't have any mufflers anyway

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding must be wrong :blush:

I meant I've removed the resonator

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
My understanding must be wrong :blush:

I meant I've removed the resonator
if you've still got the rear mufflers in but replaced the resonator and stock cats then its probably more than loud enough going straight though like me and shep is an acquired taste most people don't like it.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Shep's car is like insane-racecar-loud. I watch a fair bit of motorsport live so have a decent frame of reference and it's ridiculous. God knows how he puts up with it as the driver. :D

My advice would be to not do it or wait and get a ride with him to see for yourself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like having the option, which is why i was considering the active exhaust valve

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I like having the option, which is why i was considering the active exhaust valve
active won't help that much tbh if you're totally straight through better off with some bullet mufflers if you wanna get louder than something like a RAB but not poppy/bangy/race car offensive

Shep's car is like insane-racecar-loud. I watch a fair bit of motorsport live so have a decent frame of reference and it's ridiculous. God knows how he puts up with it as the driver. :D

My advice would be to not do it or wait and get a ride with him to see for yourself.
tbh on a day to day basis its not that bad you get used to it and if you like that kinda sound it gets addictive especially doing like a 5-3 shift and let off just to get all the pops and bangs of over fueling.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

granted he's also catless, it's basically straight from the engine back with no restrictions.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised he hasn't been pulled, I thought mine was loud going through a tunnel lol

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised he hasn't been pulled, I thought mine was loud going through a tunnel lol
The word loud is an understatement, it's ear piercing.
Sponsored