Sponsored

Axle back or Cat Back on Ecoboost

Beachfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airbus A380
Magnaflow Competition .. Perfect on a vert as it will save you driving around with the windows down and freezing your nu**s off!!
Went past a bunch of kids today who where giving the thumbs up so gave the loud pedal a blip and they went wild! I could even hear the WoWs above the Magnaflow!
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=19416]Guy@NemesisUK[/MENTION] brilliant cheers matey, can't wait to pick it up!!! got me all excited for the next couple of months now!!! Come onnnnn new exhaust! (Am I going to be the first UK to get black tips btw? everyone ive seen has polished?)

It's true, no phone is going to replicate the sound, [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] can probably vouch for my immediate responses when i heard it of: :O :O :O :O 'yeah im getting one' and 'Mine sounds like shit in comparison'.

You're not going to regret getting it, especially with the prices nemesis can get it you at - and unfortunately they're not giving me an exhaust to say that :lol:. that's my genuine opinion, the price, bang for buck (Which lets face it, we all drive mustangs, so thats in our hearts, and the sound, my god the sound, makes it a 10/10 purchase, the black tips give it a 11/10 for me (Because I wanted black tips regardless of what exhaust I got)

*If anyone remembered when I want burnt tips, that was to go with the saitn blue wrap that never to be (*yet glad it aint!) :p!

Beachfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airbus A380
Yo Manders this should keep going while you are waiting for your Magnaflow to arrive!
Are you going to track it???
[ame]

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yo Manders this should keep going while you are waiting for your Magnaflow to arrive!
Are you going to track it???
I asked Guy for tracking codes lmao. Don't get it until August!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
I am in Italy for Itallian Moto GP. It's the tradition that people take old car / bike engines & Rev them to destruction. Attached is an example I saw today- new exhaust for my Ecoboost Mustang? !!!
image.jpg

car_ter2903

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3 Ecoboost
Greg

Bit later than I promised, but I finally got round to uploading some videos of the Milltek system for the ecoboost that I promised about 2 months ago :doh:. Nothing special, but hopefully a flavor of what she sounds like. You may well have already bought something else now though!

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

Same disclaimer as the previous videos, nothing beats hearing it for yourself and this was only on a camera phone so doesn't pick up the bass all that well. Personally I think it's the best sounding system I've heard, but everyone is going to say that about their own system so I guess just judge for yourself. It's horses for courses really, the Milltek is a fair whack more expensive than competitor systems but you do get the convenience of a UK based supplier & fitter.

Steve P also uploaded this direct from Milltek, but this was before it had bedded in so it has gotten much deeper since:

[ame]

Anyway hope this helps yourself or anyone else either way!

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Greg

Bit later than I promised, but I finally got round to uploading some videos of the Milltek system for the ecoboost that I promised about 2 months ago :doh:. Nothing special, but hopefully a flavor of what she sounds like. You may well have already bought something else now though!

Same disclaimer as the previous videos, nothing beats hearing it for yourself and this was only on a camera phone so doesn't pick up the bass all that well. Personally I think it's the best sounding system I've heard, but everyone is going to say that about their own system so I guess just judge for yourself. It's horses for courses really, the Milltek is a fair whack more expensive than competitor systems but you do get the convenience of a UK based supplier & fitter.

Steve P also uploaded this direct from Milltek, but this was before it had bedded in so it has gotten much deeper since:

Anyway hope this helps yourself or anyone else either way!
Thanks for the videos. Have only had the car just over two weeks & have been away for one of those weeks. Haven't got an exhaust sorted yet so it s currently between the Milltek or Magnaflow Street system- want a deep sound but not too noisy as daily driver. Want to improve looks as well as a bit more noise (and power!). I think Milltek have not fitted their system on a convertible yet so may entail a trip up there which is a long way from Devon & would have to find a way of getting original system back as well. As you say, ideally I would like to hear them for real before deciding. I am going to Goodwood Festival of Speed on the Sunday so maybe there will be some modified Ecoboosts there?

car_ter2903

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3 Ecoboost
No problem, hope you're enjoying the car! Yeah best thing is to contact [MENTION]SteveP[MENTION] through here he's usually pretty good and I think still very interested in trialing the 2.3 system on a convertible, so if you're lucky he might do you a deal ;) Getting the original back could be a pain though... I guess just speak to him and see what they can do for you.

Possibly, still not a massive amount of 2.3's in the UK though I guess so the likelihood of some modified ones there might be small. If you're ever in the Warwick area or midlands feel free to give me a shout, may well be able to give you a demo!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, hope you're enjoying the car! Yeah best thing is to contact [MENTION]SteveP[MENTION] through here he's usually pretty good and I think still very interested in trialing the 2.3 system on a convertible, so if you're lucky he might do you a deal ;) Getting the original back could be a pain though... I guess just speak to him and see what they can do for you.

Possibly, still not a massive amount of 2.3's in the UK though I guess so the likelihood of some modified ones there might be small. If you're ever in the Warwick area or midlands feel free to give me a shout, may well be able to give you a demo!
Mike you able to come to a mini mustang meet in july on a monday night in burton :)? (check meets thread)

As for exhausts, when i get my Magnaflow Competition cat-back and if you're also in the Midlands area, happy to show you (Or let you live compare to Mikes!)

Sponsored

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
If you are in the South Wales area I have the cat back Magnaflow competition fitted on my E/B you're welcome to see/hear it, I am very pleased with the sound, finish etc

For the sake of an extra £200 + my view is to go with the cat back over the axle back.

The stock exhaust is a one piece when taken off, not the easiest thing to store or transport,
If you keep hold of it, you can re fit it when it comes to sell the E/B on,
and then part ex your E/B for a GT,
then sell on the Magnaflow system :clap2:

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
If you are in the South Wales area I have the cat back Magnaflow competition fitted on my E/B you're welcome to see/hear it, I am very pleased with the sound, finish etc

For the sake of an extra £200 + my view is to go with the cat back over the axle back.

The stock exhaust is a one piece when taken off, not the easiest thing to store or transport,
I was in Cardiff last weekend watching Stereophonics could have heard it if you were nearby:(. I am in Oxford this weekend for a big birthday treat. Guess I will have to just get one without hearing it.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback

Stored :D
image.jpg

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

car_ter2903

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3 Ecoboost
Mike you able to come to a mini mustang meet in july on a monday night in burton :)? (check meets thread)

As for exhausts, when i get my Magnaflow Competition cat-back and if you're also in the Midlands area, happy to show you (Or let you live compare to Mikes!)
I don't think so mate, I'm on childcare duty Monday nights so wouldn't get there until gone 9PM. Bit late for a school night for me I'm afraid buddy :p

Definitely up for a live compare though, very interested to hear the Magnaflow in person! Hope Greg gets to see/hear one before buying, it's an important decision when it comes to the Ecoboost. A GT sounds good no matter what you chuck on it ;)

As for storage, my OE system is strung up against my fence in my back garden under a tarp... don't have a garage or even a shed at the moment :doh: you guys are lucky!!
Sponsored