JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

I have an 18 GT. My clutch pedal is sticking. If I sit at a red light with the car in first gear and clutch pressed, when I start to disengage the clutch, the pedal will stay on the floor and the clutch will disengage immediately. It will randomly stick at different spots.

Anyone else ever experienced this? I am going to take to the Ford dealership Friday, but would like to know what might be causing this.
Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Clutch or pressure plate damaged would be my first guess, but may possibly be the return spring.

OP
OP
JP_Stang

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well I know one thing, this transmission is loud! Not a fan of it at all. I wish Ford would have gone with T56. I put one of those in my last mustang and loved it!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
There is a thread, at least 4, search & look for it easy to find. They write about a problem with the reservoir & hose for the slave cylinder.

Might want to look into it, by chance you replace the return spring? Am not suggesting it has anything to do with the problem, just curious.

Reading the forum, a bunch change that out for why, have no idea. Personally I think Ford has good reasons for having what is in there in there. All clutches no matter what there are on, have different feels.

Just saying
Pep

BTW what does the OP in the blue banner mean seeing it here & there?

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP in Deep Impact Blue
This happens every once in a while in my car. As long as I pull the pedal back up to original height, it goes back to operating normally. Like Rapid Red was saying/linking to, it could be a pressure bleed issue.

OP
OP
JP_Stang

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I will look into that. Thank you!

I have not switched the spring out, but was planning to. The OP stands for “original poster”. Just means that I started the thread.

thanks!
Sponsored